News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

donsullivan

Premium Member
I mean we're less than a month away from media being able to ride it and be out there for the public to see (online atleast). I would be surprised if it's not announced this coming week.
It would not surprise me if they are waiting until they finish the media preview cycle for Fantasy Springs in Tokyo and this is next up on the schedule. They don’t like to have multiple messages like that flowing at the same time.

TalkToEthan

they are waiting until they finish the media preview cycle for Fantasy Springs in Tokyo and this is next up on the schedule. They don’t like to have multiple messages like that flowing at the same time.

“They” have nothing to do with Tokyo Disney on matters like this. The two companies and their respective resorts operate completely independent from each other.

harrisonm

Hey everyone we went to the park yesterday and got this new video 🥰

7d67566243ec0f9f20a23bff36b7f855.png

New version of the "fifty foot plunge" sign?

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
Did anyone ever find that supposed source from Alicia Stella where she backtracked on her prior claim about there being a shrinking plot?
I think that rumored plot point was cobbled together from tidbits here. It wasn't a rumor so much as it was a "theory" spouted as fact. I wouldn't be surprised if it was born out of simply trying to justify the "mound" appearing as such from a frog-sized perspective.

It probably just grew from that. I'm not discounting it though. It's a good theory. Honestly, it makes sense given the "Bayou Magic" mist and the presence of Mama Odie. Of course that was back when I theorized the secret ingredient was a rare herb or some such that could only be attained by critter-sized means. But seeing as how the plot seems to be helping Tiana find a last minute band... that original notion has since been dropped. Having the plunge be an integral part of the story would have only served to enhance the story. The idea that it's somehow transformative would be a fun addition, FWIW.

Last edited:

TalkToEthan

Would it behoove (such a goofy word) TDO to have this and the new CBmJ show open and operating at the same time?

No, not really; I doubt it would appreciably change touring schedules and guest expectation.

Country Bears like say a Tiki Room, holding a proportionately small fan base, is not in the same league as a heavy hitter like Splash/Tiana.

Last edited:

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
No, not really; I doubt it would appreciably change touring schedules and guest expectation.

Country Bears like say a Tiki Room, holding a proportionately small fan base, is not in the same league as a heavy hitter like Splash/Tiana.
I think that's discounting the fact that it's "new" and new stuff brings in the guests. But I agree that it's a small fan base. Brought it up because having as many things open would only help to alleviate congestion in Frontierland, the bulk of which obviously attributed to the newly-opened E-ticket with TBA. Makes sense to have them both ready.

But the same could be said for the hypothetical Pecos to Tiana overhaul, but we see how that panned out.

co10064

Premium Member
“They” have nothing to do with Tokyo Disney on matters like this. The two companies and their respective resorts operate completely independent from each other.
Yes, but Disney social media accounts have still been pushing Fantasy Springs this week. If nothing else, it allows Disney to feature their IP in the news cycle and show people "look at what WDI created."

_caleb

I think that rumored plot point was cobbled together from tidbits here. It wasn't a rumor so much as it was a "theory" spouted as fact. I wouldn't be surprised if it was born out of simply trying to justify the "mound" appearing as such from a frog-sized perspective.
I think you're right– that it was a theory. I expect it may have some merit, too– the frog theme, the fog curtain, the in-story reason Mama Odie is at the top of the drop.

I love a good fan theory!

I just find it tiresome when some here continually post theories as fact. I follow this thread for updates (and discussion about those updates). So when I see people post things like "TBA's story doesn't have conflict," I have to sort out whether some new insight has been discovered/released or they're just speculating and not careful/honest enough with their wording to make that clear. Most of the time, it's the latter.

This is also why I don't take seriously complaints that the storyline is too simple and childish (but also too contrived and/or anachronistic). As members like @LittleBuford (and others) have tried to remind us over and over again, the story/plot of TBA has not yet been revealed. This doesn't mean we know NOTHING about it, just that we don't yet know enough about it for any complaints to be made in good faith.

We'll know more soon enough, though! I'm looking forward to it!

SilentWindODoom

Speaking of theories, all signs seem to point to the reveal happening tomorrow night on American Idol.

1. It's their yearly Disney Night where they visit the parks and sing songs from the company's library.
2. Jennifer Lewis and Terence Blanchard have been announced to guest star.
3. Usually they film in the suite in New Orleans Square in Disneyland, but this year they're travelling cross-country to WDW.

While it doesn't have the strength it did 20 years ago, having the contestants ride the ride and announcing on live national television the opening date sounds like the kind of synergy the company loves.

In the Parks
No
Speaking of theories, all signs seem to point to the reveal happening tomorrow night on American Idol.

1. It's their yearly Disney Night where they visit the parks and sing songs from the company's library.
2. Jennifer Lewis and Terence Blanchard have been announced to guest star.
3. Usually they film in the suite in New Orleans Square in Disneyland, but this year they're travelling cross-country to WDW.

While it doesn't have the strength it did 20 years ago, having the contestants ride the ride and announcing on live national television the opening date sounds like the kind of synergy the company loves.
100% this is what's happening. I'd lay money down on this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom