News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

LittleBuford

I have to admit that it is a little frightening how easily ChatGPT is able to mimic other styles of writing and I've just started to get emails obviously written by AI from my students.

This is what I got asking ChatGPT to write a backstory for a ladder featured in the attraction:

In the heart of the Louisiana bayou, there stands a rustic ladder with a story as rich as the landscape it inhabits. This particular ladder, made from the sturdy cypress trees that line the swamps, was crafted by none other than Eudora, Tiana's talented mother. Eudora, renowned for her sewing and craftsmanship, once fashioned this ladder for a very special purpose.

Years ago, when Tiana was just a young girl with dreams as vast as the bayou itself, Eudora needed a way to gather the rare Spanish moss that draped elegantly from the highest branches of the cypress trees. This moss was essential for Eudora as she used it to stuff the handmade dolls and pillows she sold at the local markets to make ends meet and save for Tiana’s future.

One day, Eudora decided to create a durable, yet lightweight ladder that could be easily carried through the thickets and marshes of the bayou. With the help of Tiana’s father, James, who was as handy with tools as he was with spices in the kitchen, they designed the ladder specifically to reach the unreachable, embodying the very essence of striving for one's dreams despite all odds.

As years passed, the ladder not only served its practical purpose but also became a cherished family heirloom, symbolizing the dedication of Tiana's parents to provide for her and fuel her ambitions. When Tiana opened her restaurant, she used the same ladder to decorate the establishment with the very same Spanish moss that once filled her childhood home with warmth and comfort.

When the idea for Tiana's Bayou Adventure was conceived, it was only natural that this ladder found its place in the attraction. Situated in a scenic spot along the ride, the ladder is cleverly incorporated into a tableau depicting a moonlit bayou scene. Here, it leans against a large, gnarled tree, now used by Louis the alligator to reach his trumpet, accidentally caught in the branches above during a particularly enthusiastic musical number.

This ladder not only adds a touch of authenticity to the ride but also serves as a poignant reminder of Tiana’s roots and the collective effort of her family to reach for the stars. It stands as a testament to the fact that every object in our lives carries a story and that with imagination and hard work, even the simplest tool can become part of a larger, magical narrative.
It really is scary how well such tools can mimic human writing, and I’m really not sure how to assess my students’ work now that so many of them are making use of AI. Unsettling times for those of us who grew up with pen and paper!

JoeCamel

I have to admit that it is a little frightening how easily ChatGPT is able to mimic other styles of writing and I've just started to get emails obviously written by AI from my students.

This is what I got asking ChatGPT to write a backstory for a ladder featured in the attraction:

In the heart of the Louisiana bayou, there stands a rustic ladder with a story as rich as the landscape it inhabits. This particular ladder, made from the sturdy cypress trees that line the swamps, was crafted by none other than Eudora, Tiana's talented mother. Eudora, renowned for her sewing and craftsmanship, once fashioned this ladder for a very special purpose.

Years ago, when Tiana was just a young girl with dreams as vast as the bayou itself, Eudora needed a way to gather the rare Spanish moss that draped elegantly from the highest branches of the cypress trees. This moss was essential for Eudora as she used it to stuff the handmade dolls and pillows she sold at the local markets to make ends meet and save for Tiana’s future.

One day, Eudora decided to create a durable, yet lightweight ladder that could be easily carried through the thickets and marshes of the bayou. With the help of Tiana’s father, James, who was as handy with tools as he was with spices in the kitchen, they designed the ladder specifically to reach the unreachable, embodying the very essence of striving for one's dreams despite all odds.

As years passed, the ladder not only served its practical purpose but also became a cherished family heirloom, symbolizing the dedication of Tiana's parents to provide for her and fuel her ambitions. When Tiana opened her restaurant, she used the same ladder to decorate the establishment with the very same Spanish moss that once filled her childhood home with warmth and comfort.

When the idea for Tiana's Bayou Adventure was conceived, it was only natural that this ladder found its place in the attraction. Situated in a scenic spot along the ride, the ladder is cleverly incorporated into a tableau depicting a moonlit bayou scene. Here, it leans against a large, gnarled tree, now used by Louis the alligator to reach his trumpet, accidentally caught in the branches above during a particularly enthusiastic musical number.

This ladder not only adds a touch of authenticity to the ride but also serves as a poignant reminder of Tiana’s roots and the collective effort of her family to reach for the stars. It stands as a testament to the fact that every object in our lives carries a story and that with imagination and hard work, even the simplest tool can become part of a larger, magical narrative.
That is tremendous and scary

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes

In this video, you can see the shutters have been installed

20240426_151536.jpg
20240426_151729.jpg

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
Yah, that’s cool but where are the cranes? ;)
I got you:

In the heart of the bayou, where the air is thick with the scent of spices and the promise of magic, there exists a bustling hub known as Tiana’s Foods. This vibrant establishment, founded by none other than Princess Tiana herself, is more than just a business—it’s a celebration of community, flavor, and dreams.

And at the heart of Tiana’s Foods are the Beignet Lifting Crew, a trio of mechanical cranes that work tirelessly to hoist crates filled with golden, powdered beignets. Each crane has its own distinct personality, quirks, and backstory:

1. Boudreaux the Bold:
    • Boudreaux is the oldest of the three cranes, with rusted joints and a creaky voice that echoes through the bayou. He’s seen it all—the rise of Tiana’s restaurant, the transformation of the salt mine, and the birth of the cooperative.
    • Personality: Gruff but endearing, Boudreaux is like a grizzled old grandpa. He complains about his aching gears but secretly takes pride in being the backbone of Tiana’s operation. When the moon is full, he hums old jazz tunes to himself, reminiscing about the good ol’ days.
  2. Magnolia “Maggie” Maven:
    • Maggie is the middle crane, painted in shades of turquoise and mint. She’s the brains behind the operation, always calculating the optimal lifting angles and ensuring the beignets don’t spill.
    • Personality: Maggie is a no-nonsense engineer. She wears oversized glasses and has a penchant for solving complex equations. When she’s not lifting beignets, she’s busy inventing new contraptions—a beignet-flipping spatula, anyone? She dreams of one day attending a mechanical engineering conference in New Orleans.
  3. Bayou Belle:
    • Bayou Belle is the youngest crane, adorned with colorful ribbons and a wreath of magnolia blossoms. She’s the heart of the crew, spreading joy and laughter wherever she goes.
    • Personality: Bayou Belle is a free spirit. She sings while lifting beignets, her melodic voice echoing across the water. She believes that every beignet carries a wish, and she secretly hopes that one day, someone will wish for her to become a real girl. She’s convinced that a sprinkle of powdered sugar holds the key to her transformation.
Together, the Beignet Lifting Crew dances in harmony, their metal arms swaying like reeds in the breeze. They gossip about the latest bayou happenings, share recipes (yes, even mechanical cranes have favorite gumbo recipes), and occasionally play pranks on the frogs and fireflies.

And when Mardi Gras season arrives, they don their festive hats—Boudreaux in a feathered cap, Maggie with a glittering tiara, and Bayou Belle wearing a mask—and join the grand celebration. As the parade floats pass by, they toss beignets to the crowd, spreading sweetness and laughter.

So next time you visit Tiana’s Foods, take a moment to appreciate the Beignet Lifting Crew. They’re more than just machines; they’re the soul of the bayou, lifting dreams one powdered pastry at a time.

James Alucobond

Professortango1

I got you:

In the heart of the bayou, where the air is thick with the scent of spices and the promise of magic, there exists a bustling hub known as Tiana’s Foods. This vibrant establishment, founded by none other than Princess Tiana herself, is more than just a business—it’s a celebration of community, flavor, and dreams.

And at the heart of Tiana’s Foods are the Beignet Lifting Crew, a trio of mechanical cranes that work tirelessly to hoist crates filled with golden, powdered beignets. Each crane has its own distinct personality, quirks, and backstory:

1. Boudreaux the Bold:
    • Boudreaux is the oldest of the three cranes, with rusted joints and a creaky voice that echoes through the bayou. He’s seen it all—the rise of Tiana’s restaurant, the transformation of the salt mine, and the birth of the cooperative.
    • Personality: Gruff but endearing, Boudreaux is like a grizzled old grandpa. He complains about his aching gears but secretly takes pride in being the backbone of Tiana’s operation. When the moon is full, he hums old jazz tunes to himself, reminiscing about the good ol’ days.
    • Maggie is the middle crane, painted in shades of turquoise and mint. She’s the brains behind the operation, always calculating the optimal lifting angles and ensuring the beignets don’t spill.
    • Personality: Maggie is a no-nonsense engineer. She wears oversized glasses and has a penchant for solving complex equations. When she’s not lifting beignets, she’s busy inventing new contraptions—a beignet-flipping spatula, anyone? She dreams of one day attending a mechanical engineering conference in New Orleans.
  3. Bayou Belle:
    • Bayou Belle is the youngest crane, adorned with colorful ribbons and a wreath of magnolia blossoms. She’s the heart of the crew, spreading joy and laughter wherever she goes.
    • Personality: Bayou Belle is a free spirit. She sings while lifting beignets, her melodic voice echoing across the water. She believes that every beignet carries a wish, and she secretly hopes that one day, someone will wish for her to become a real girl. She’s convinced that a sprinkle of powdered sugar holds the key to her transformation.
Together, the Beignet Lifting Crew dances in harmony, their metal arms swaying like reeds in the breeze. They gossip about the latest bayou happenings, share recipes (yes, even mechanical cranes have favorite gumbo recipes), and occasionally play pranks on the frogs and fireflies.

And when Mardi Gras season arrives, they don their festive hats—Boudreaux in a feathered cap, Maggie with a glittering tiara, and Bayou Belle wearing a mask—and join the grand celebration. As the parade floats pass by, they toss beignets to the crowd, spreading sweetness and laughter.

So next time you visit Tiana’s Foods, take a moment to appreciate the Beignet Lifting Crew. They’re more than just machines; they’re the soul of the bayou, lifting dreams one powdered pastry at a time.
Lin Manuel Miranda Love GIF by Tony Awards

mickEblu

I got you:

1. Boudreaux the Bold:
  3. Bayou Belle:

Suddenly, I don’t hate cranes anymore. Bring on the cranes!

I'm thinking they will make more summer announcements when Universal does next week. My guess is they release info on 4/30 after Universal's announcements. I think they will also start Halfway to Halloween announcements on 4/30, but will start with another park outside of FL and we will get FL details by Thursday.

celluloid

I'm thinking they will make more summer announcements when Universal does next week. My guess is they release info on 4/30 after Universal's announcements. I think they will also start Halfway to Halloween announcements on 4/30, but will start with another park outside of FL and we will get FL details by Thursday.

It is going to be a wild onslaught in terms of announcements.

April 29th has the summer offerings announcement. Dreamworks first for likely June 14th, the nighttime show and parade premiering by July 2nd.
The tribute store relevant details will be a part of that and tribute store opening earlier.

Then HHN announcements in the next weeks and the next Epic land detail release soon.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Sorry if this annoys anyone but can I ask why do CM previews actually happen? For me as a paying guest, I will find nothing more annoying that watching CM’s go down the drop whilst we have to watch 😂
I know I am being jealous but it always annoys me that we end up missing getting to ride but “staff” “cast members” do!
I understand it being a perk for them but surely they could ride alongside a soft opening for the public too and then if effects aren’t working etc then we understand as it’s just a “soft opening”.

Just interested to hear why if anyone knows the answer.

Also I get that Disney are stalling to clearly just open this for the next fiscal quarter but each time I look at this, I think it’s basically done. If they worked solidly on this for the next week surely all this queue would be done? It just feels like they are stalling on purpose which is such a shame for others that have vacation before June haha!

Also has anyone actually seen official invites for the supposed media event in June or was this just word of mouth?

Sorry for the rant, just desperate to ride and know we will miss it now 😪😂
Because they need to test it with ppl who won’t pull a Karen when something goes down or doesn’t work.

And because the cast need to feel appreciated. They used to get so much more…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom