Thoughts on Carousel of Progress

matt78

I think they should restore it to its original state and then pair it up with One Man's Dream at DHS. They could merge the Animation Courtyard with Mickey's Ave to make a larger land. Keep One Man's Dream & the Magic of Disney Animation open & then move Walt's plane and some props from the BLT to make the area an expanded One Man's Dream. This way they would never have to worry about updating it and they just have to make sure it is properly maintained.

sujlemariecj

I absolutely agree with you... It is very underrated!
11c.jpg
AVe201

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
This can't be considered "underrated" until it gets a massive refurb... Not the little baby refurbs.. No.. A massive refurb. Especially in the finale. There is currently no "present" now in the show as well..

But, I love love love this show! It's bucket-dumped all over with nostalgia! :) I'll understand that people consider it boring until Disney upgrades the show.. Its a classic, it's one of a kind.. But it technically isn't timeless if it's a show about focusing on the way we've lived from the past, to the present, to the future.. Time for an upgrade!

Unless Disney is going to ruin it was a very bad new scene... Then leave it be. I can take it for what it is currently.

3WaltFans

Chef Mickey

For me, it's quintessential Disney. It's an original concept executed in a manner only Disney can. Sadly, ideas such as these are missing from today's attractions as we enter the new world of attractions that MUST be tied to movie or other concept, LCD screens, and interactive queues.

The days of executing an original concept in an attraction are gone, making Carousel of Progress one of the few and most coveted remaining original ideas not touched by today's management.

In this case, I'm actually happy Disney is too cheap, lazy, and/or incompetent to change COP. It gives me a sense of nostalgia I have lost as they've ruined or taken away so many other classics.

roj2323

Doing a few things would probably help
  • Rename it to: Walt's Carousel of progress
  • Add seat belts to prevent show holdups
  • Update the final scene so it actually looks futuristic instead of the 1980's.

raven

I'm not kidding. Being "Disney" refers to being a part of a previously established franchise, preferable a legitimate franchise established outside the theme parks.

You do realize that General Electric sought the help of Walt Disney to create a pavilion for the 1964 World's Fair, correct? General Electric didn't come up with the idea for the pavilion, WED did. So everything about the current COP is 100% "Disney."

lazyboy97o

You do realize that General Electric sought the help of Walt Disney to create a pavilion for the 1964 World's Fair, correct? General Electric didn't come up with the idea for the pavilion, WED did. So everything about the current COP is 100% "Disney."
:banghead: There is a reason I am putting the term in quotes.

C&D

The final scene only needs to reflect the end of the twentieth century (as the 'intro' purports). Sure, I'd go along with a refurbishment (but don't change too much) in my opinion.

tigger1968

I'm often surprised it is still around. It is not "Disney" and has a sizable running time. I think its large capacity is what keeps it around. It'd be nice to see it either restored to just be its original form or fully updated to better space the time periods.

Yes. Definitely not Disney. Other than being designed by Walt with Bob Gurr and Roger Broggie. With one of the most iconic songs ever written by the Sherman Brothers. And having been shown at the 1964 World's Fair, Disneyland, and now WDW. Yes...not Disney at all... :rolleyes:

lazyboy97o

Yes. Definitely not Disney. Other than being designed by Walt with Bob Gurr and Roger Broggie. With one of the most iconic songs ever written by the Sherman Brothers. And having been shown at the 1964 World's Fair, Disneyland, and now WDW. Yes...not Disney at all... :rolleyes:
It seems the concept of scare quotes needs to be spelled out slowly. Webster defines scare quotes as "quotation marks used to express especially skepticism or derision concerning the use of the enclosed word or phrase." Does that make sense? "Disney" is a reference to the rather sizable fan base and contemporary management belief that theme parks are not a legitimate creative medium and must instead pull from content created elsewhere in the company, primarily the Studio. It has absolutely nothing to do with Walt Disney being personally involved or anything else like that. It is about the standards applied to new theme park investments today, mainly being part of a larger franchise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom