This is why we go to Disney...

DisneyFans4Life

It's not Disney that is doom and gloom...it's a handful of people on this forum that just can't seem to find the positive in anything.

This is a great story and true to what Disney really is about...even still today. Just this past Saturday a CM took care of me when they didn't have to. I thought I had ordered a Dole Whip float, but I had actually ordered just the Dole Whip in a cup. Completely my fault and when they handed it to me I was confused...it must have been obvious because the CM asked if everything was ok and I said I thought this was the float. She said no, but hang on...she came back with the float and said have a great day. She didn't have to do that, but it made my day!

JIMINYCR

I cant count the number of times on my trips when I've observed CM's doing something unexpected to make a sad child happy. Its great to see Disney allows them the latitude to spend Disney's money on someone else. Count that one time... times unknown guests, times every park and every day and youre getting into some big bucks being freely spent on guest happiness.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Nice story. But why is it that negative experiences are considered "doom and gloom". Look, we're all humans, including the CMs. There's going to be bad along with the good. Pointing out the bad is okay. It isn't doom and gloom. I've had way more positive experiences than I have negative ones.
Glad to hear that you've had more positive experiences, but I cannot remember a single positive comment that you have made about WDW in recent memory.

There has always been both bad and good at WDW, but it seems that most here gloss over that fact.

blueboxdoctor

I have found negativity to be a very common thing with the internet (and to be fair, some things in WDW deserve it, like the current state of Future World) from WDW, movies, video games, tv shows, you name it (the amount of hate on the internet for Batman vs. Superman was intense, and then you also get the people hating on popular things for little reason other than to argue). While some of the doom and gloom threads are justified, some are just people complaining on here (you can usually tell based on whether or not they are offering constructive criticism or just ranting).

As for cast members, the majority of the ones I have interacted with were all very good, so I am not sure of all the negative threads about them. Of course, they are still people, so it wouldn't be a huge surprise if some of them were caught on a bad day, in which case, they still should have been professional.

I too have seen some exceptional cast members go beyond what I would expect them to do.

Superpocky

Original Poster
Despite all the criticisms of how the company operates, one area that continues to shine despite the execs, not because of them, is the Cast Members.

Our very first visit, we had to have a plumber come out to our room at port New Orleans because of a broken toilet (it was already broken when we got there!). Even the plumber had stickers to give away to kids and a bubble maker call refer to my daughter as princess. Then we knew this place was special we fell in love with it. :inlove:

JillC LI

Wonderful story. How did you learn what was waiting for the little boy back at his resort? Did you happen to be staying there as well?

weird

My daughter lost one of her clip on Minnie ears on Mission: Space in EPCOT. I went to Guest Relations later that evening to check the lost and found, they couldn't find it. The CM was very nice, and gave us a gift card to purchase a new pair of clip on Minnie ears. It made my daughter very happy to have a complete set of ears again.

It is great to see that there are still quite a few "Magical" CM's at Disney.

NelleBelle

Just wanted to say how much I appreciated hearing all of the cool stories about CM "magic". I never tire of reading how someone's day was made better (and not from complaining about something to get something). Reminds me of when the Year of a Million Dreams was on and you never knew what was going to happen but better because there is no "campaign" to do this, just the goodness of the CM spirt :)

Walt Disney1955

That is a nice story in the OP. That is just an example of the service you get at Disney. In 1995 my dad loses his hat on Splash Mountain. No big deal. Heck, it was a John Deere hat for crying out loud! Nevertheless, he goes to City Hall before we leave at the end of the night, reports it, and it is sent in the mail two weeks later. The same thing happened to me in 2009 with my sunglasses. They were just run of the mill sunglasses, nothing special. But I lost them on either Pirates of the Caribbean or during the Tiki show. I couldn't remember. Either way, I reported it and got them mailed back to me.

marialexus

I like your story! When it comes down to it, the people on the front lines of the parks do such a nice job of making the experience for the visitors so memorable. We were on a boat with CM Marty heading out from the MK to the Poly the other day. He broke into "It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" just before we docked...
long story short... made our families day!!!
We have been on his boat twice in the past! Really makes a magical time!

RiceCrispyMickey

The cast members really do make our trips! We just missed the bus from SSR to Hollywood Studios (it literally drove off as we got to the stop), but there was an empty MK bus waiting. The driver told us to hop on and then proceeded to chase the Hollywood Studios bus around all the bus stops at SSR until she finally caught up to it at the last stop and blocked it in so it couldn't leave without us! It was hilarious, and she didnt have to do that, we would have waited for the next one no problem, but it made our morning!

Similarly, my friend and I wen't to get fries from the paddock pool bar and the cast members were having a lively debate about singing - one of them was trying to get the other to sing with them. My friend who is a sing-a-holic chimed in and the cast member was so happy that someone was singing with her that she gave her the fries for free! Totally didn't need too do that, but obviously made our night!!

Cast members really do make the magic! As much as I love the rides I don't think I'd want to come back time after time if it weren't for the CMs!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom