Pre-Trip Think the undoable and do the unthinkable

I have some great news! Last November we decided not to go back to WDW in October 2015. The flights from Amsterdam to Orlando were much more expensive so we decided to postpone it to 2016. Maybe some short trips to DLP and a summer vacation in Southern Europe was what we wanted to do!

But when we got married in 2010 we said that in the year we are married 5 years we go to Florida!

Then we try to find a decent summer vacation and well.... when we compared it to the prices we have to pay for a WDW trip in October..... :)

So we thought, what the heck! Let's do it! And do it even better than last October! Let's go into a Disney hotel! And we are married 5 years by the time we are in WDW!

So guess what, we booked our trip for October 2015! WDW here we come again! We booked a room in the All Star Movie Resort from October 16th until October 24th :)

Update 02-02-2015: When we booked the trip we tried to book a room in the Port Orleans French Quater, but it was all fully booked. But last Friday I found out that the resort was open for bookings again. So I called the travel agency and guess what?? We upgraded to Port Orleans!!!!!!!

Update 24-06-2015: Guess what :) We booked another WDW trip! October 2016 will be the second future visit!! And with a lot of advantages :) 200$ gift card, free Memory Maker, Ultimate tickets for 14 days for the price of 7 and a free dining plan! And this time we are staying at Port Orleans River Side!!

Who:
Me, my wife Ria and our daugther Sacha (last time we went with a group of 7, now just our family)

STUDIO_HBDARKRM_7076793821.jpeg

When:
October 16th - October 24th (so we can go to the Not So Scary again!)

090.JPG

Where:
Port Orleans French Quarter

port orleans.jpg

So from now on I will keep you informed when there is news from this side of the ocean!

We are really thrilled we are coming back to WDW! The feeling is very good but is getting better by the day!

Last edited:

FlaggNL

Original Poster
I live about 30 min from the brewery. I love visiting and really enjoy a good Abita beer! I haven't visited Port Orleans, but it's cool to know they serve Abita there!

Before the people mentioned Abita I've never heard of it. When we are in POFQ in october I will absolutely taste the beer and probably mention it in the TR after arriving at home. Here in the Netherlands we have a few Heineken brewerys (and off course a lot of other brands) and guess you heard from Heineken before :)

joshsprincess921

Before the people mentioned Abita I've never heard of it. When we are in POFQ in october I will absolutely taste the beer and probably mention it in the TR after arriving at home. Here in the Netherlands we have a few Heineken brewerys (and off course a lot of other brands) and guess you heard from Heineken before :)

Abita, while you can find it some in other states, it's mainly local to Louisiana. There are many, many flavors that you can get in the stores, but most bars and such carry the Amber, Turbo Dog and Purple Haze. Those are the most popular. My favorite Abita beer is the Golden, but I can only find it in the grocery store.

I have def heard of Heineken. I like it ok.

Dubman

Excited to see that you are going back and on your anniversary(bonus)! We have gone as part of a bigger group and by ourselves, and as much fun as bigger is better is, we really enjoy our time there together as one family unit. We went last November and again just this month.. This months trip wasn't planned that far in advance because it was mainly a work trip for me, but everything fell into place for a weekend visit.. Like you we were going to skip this year (November) all together, but have now decided to do a trip to Universal(3 day park hopper). Are discussing staying on Disney property and renting car just to be in part of the magic.. Downtown Disney, Splitsville, T-Rex, Raglan Road.. All the things there that we normally don't put aside time for we could do this time.. Waiting for PIN code/fall discounts and Southwest/Jetblue airfares to come out to book room only, but REALLY REALLY want to do POFQ. Who knows.. Maybe we will do MVMCP one night.. Then it could be an official WDW trip as well! LOL

Good luck with all your planning and getting the ADR's you want! Sci-Fi has some seriously good shakes and atmosphere.. :)

Last edited:

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I have some great news! Last November we decided not to go back to WDW in October 2015. The flights from Amsterdam to Orlando were much more expensive so we decided to postpone it to 2016. Maybe some short trips to DLP and a summer vacation in Southern Europe was what we wanted to do!

But when we got married in 2010 we said that in the year we are married 5 years we go to Florida!

Then we try to find a decent summer vacation and well.... when we compared it to the prices we have to pay for a WDW trip in October..... :)

So we thought, what the heck! Let's do it! And do it even better than last October! Let's go into a Disney hotel! And we are married 5 years by the time we are in WDW!

So guess what, we booked our trip for October 2015! WDW here we come again! We booked a room in the All Star Movie Resort from October 16th until October 24th :)

Update 02-02-2015: When we booked the trip we tried to book a room in the Port Orleans French Quater, but it was all fully booked. But last Friday I found out that the resort was open for bookings again. So I called the travel agency and guess what?? We upgraded to Port Orleans!!!!!!!

Who:
Me, my wife Ria and our daugther Sacha (last time we went with a group of 7, now just our family)

View attachment 80726
When:
October 16th - October 24th (so we can go to the Not So Scary again!)

View attachment 80723

Where:
Port Orleans French Quarter

View attachment 81068
So from now on I will keep you informed when there is news from this side of the ocean!

We are really thrilled we are coming back to WDW! The feeling is very good but is getting better by the day!

So happy to be following along!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Excited to see that you are going back and on your anniversary(bonus)! We have gone as part of a bigger group and by ourselves, and as much fun as bigger is better is, we really enjoy our time there together as one family unit. We went last November and again just this month.. This months trip wasn't planned that far in advance because it was mainly a work trip for me, but everything fell into place for a weekend visit.. Like you we were going to skip this year (November) all together, but have now decided to do a trip to Universal(3 day park hopper). Are discussing staying on Disney property and renting car just to be in part of the magic.. Downtown Disney, Splitsville, T-Rex, Raglan Road.. All the things there that we normally don't put aside time for we could do this time.. Waiting for PIN code/fall discounts and Southwest/Jetblue airfares to come out to book room only, but REALLY REALLY want to do POFQ. Who knows.. Maybe we will do MVMCP one night.. Then it could be an official WDW trip as well! LOL Good luck with all your planning and getting the ADR's you want! Sci-Fi has some seriously good shakes and atmosphere.. :)

Thanks for the reply :) And it is as you say! Great to be back in the world and the bonus is that we have our anniversary, although it is already in August :) We cannot compare the trip with our last trip yet, but I can imagine that being withb a group is great and a lot of fun, but being with just the family is even greater! The only thing is that of we go to Universal there is nobody to ride Rip Ride with Sacha. I did it last October but it was hell :) LOL! Great to plan a trip to universal and doing the Disney stuff you normally don't do because you want to spent as much time within the parks as possible! So although going to Universal you also have the Disney feelng during the trip! Maybe you find a good price for a stay in POFQ :) We would love to go to Sci-fi just because of the shakes and off course the total experience :) Good luck for you to find a deal with the right price and you can stay on Disney property :)

Just happened upon your PTR! Congrats on your upcoming wedding anniversary and yeah! For your Disney Trip! Have you ever dined at O'Hana? That is my family's most favourite.

Thanks! We are so excited to come again! Clock is ticking slowly but steady :) We never been to O'Hana, what is so special about is that it is your favorite? We never been to restaurants in WDW. Just the quick diners!

So happy to be following along!

Thanks, off course much more to come and a TR after coming home :)

Yum two of my favorites: Sci Fi Diner and BOG!

LOL! Hope that we get a table during our trip :)

Mom@disney

You can have breakfast or dinner at O'Hana. It's located in the Polynesian Resort. Breakfast is with Mickey, Pluto, LILO, and Stitch and is served family style with Hawaain bread, fruits, mickey waffles, eggs, bacon, biscuits (my fav), and sausages. For dinner be prepared for endless food and walking, or rather rolling, out of there stuffed. There is salad, potstickers ( my daughters fav), chicken wings, and pork, shrimp, steak come to you straight from the open fire on sticks. It's our favourite restaurant because of the Hawaain fresh and welcoming atmosphere, the friendly staff, and the incredible food. The dining room is set up nicely and has wonderful views.

FlaggNL

Original Poster
You can have breakfast or dinner at O'Hana. It's located in the Polynesian Resort. Breakfast is with Mickey, Pluto, LILO, and Stitch and is served family style with Hawaain bread, fruits, mickey waffles, eggs, bacon, biscuits (my fav), and sausages. For dinner be prepared for endless food and walking, or rather rolling, out of there stuffed. There is salad, potstickers ( my daughters fav), chicken wings, and pork, shrimp, steak come to you straight from the open fire on sticks. It's our favourite restaurant because of the Hawaain fresh and welcoming atmosphere, the friendly staff, and the incredible food. The dining room is set up nicely and has wonderful views.

Sounds more than great! We will take O'Hana in consideration. We normally are not the restaurant type :) It always take quite some time when you eat in a restaurant, and we want to spend as much time as possible inside the parks to ride the different rides :) Sci-fi is a need to go for us because of the total look and off course the menu. Same for BOG :) And since it is possible to have breakfast overthere we will try do to BOG in the morning :)

Mom@disney

Sounds more than great! We will take O'Hana in consideration. We normally are not the restaurant type :) It always take quite some time when you eat in a restaurant, and we want to spend as much time as possible inside the parks to ride the different rides :) Sci-fi is a need to go for us because of the total look and off course the menu. Same for BOG :) And since it is possible to have breakfast overthere we will try do to BOG in the morning :)
Those two restaurants are very good choices! Can't wait to hear about breakfast at BOG!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Just something different this time..... as you can see it is 207 days to go.... but we have also 2 different countdowns which makes is easier to let the times fly by.... I know it is not Disney at all but would like to share it with you all :)

95 days to go for our new car :)

2013_09_04_renault_clio_2013_20.jpg

And 169/173 days to go to see U2 in Amsterdam. First night I go with Sacha and second night I go with Sacha and Ria :)

ie_bed_logo_9002_640.jpg

So more than enough very nice things to come before we climb aboard the dreamliner in October 16th :)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom