Pre-Trip Think the undoable and do the unthinkable

I have some great news! Last November we decided not to go back to WDW in October 2015. The flights from Amsterdam to Orlando were much more expensive so we decided to postpone it to 2016. Maybe some short trips to DLP and a summer vacation in Southern Europe was what we wanted to do!

But when we got married in 2010 we said that in the year we are married 5 years we go to Florida!

Then we try to find a decent summer vacation and well.... when we compared it to the prices we have to pay for a WDW trip in October..... :)

So we thought, what the heck! Let's do it! And do it even better than last October! Let's go into a Disney hotel! And we are married 5 years by the time we are in WDW!

So guess what, we booked our trip for October 2015! WDW here we come again! We booked a room in the All Star Movie Resort from October 16th until October 24th :)

Update 02-02-2015: When we booked the trip we tried to book a room in the Port Orleans French Quater, but it was all fully booked. But last Friday I found out that the resort was open for bookings again. So I called the travel agency and guess what?? We upgraded to Port Orleans!!!!!!!

Update 24-06-2015: Guess what :) We booked another WDW trip! October 2016 will be the second future visit!! And with a lot of advantages :) 200$ gift card, free Memory Maker, Ultimate tickets for 14 days for the price of 7 and a free dining plan! And this time we are staying at Port Orleans River Side!!

Who:
Me, my wife Ria and our daugther Sacha (last time we went with a group of 7, now just our family)

STUDIO_HBDARKRM_7076793821.jpeg

When:
October 16th - October 24th (so we can go to the Not So Scary again!)

090.JPG

Where:
Port Orleans French Quarter

port orleans.jpg

So from now on I will keep you informed when there is news from this side of the ocean!

We are really thrilled we are coming back to WDW! The feeling is very good but is getting better by the day!

Last edited:

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Solo as its just me, a friend was supposed to come with me but he always seems to find a reason not to come or isnt able to make his mind up quickly enough to book or his wife says yes then tells him no, so have given up on that and just go solo as its easier lol

FlaggNL

Original Poster
LOL I totally understand! I would give up also I guess! In my case it is completely different, my wife and daugther would do something to me when I was even thinking about going solo..... tot WDW or DLP :)

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Hehe, I should pop across to see DLP as I am in the UK, just to experience it oh and to see their version of POTC as i have heard its the best version amazingly

FlaggNL

Original Poster
A lof of people think POTC in DLP is the best because it's the most close to the original version. And in my opinion it is the best version, a bigger drop than in Orlando :) DLP is great but can't compete with WDW!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Hi all, just a quick note that we are at The Efteling today! Some you might remember it from earlier PTR's but it's a Dutch attraction park with a lot of fairy tales and some great rides! Look up at efteling.com if you want! It's not as great as Disney but 4 million attandees a year says enough ;)

And from tomorrow we can choose out ADR's ;)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
The Efteling looks fun, it reminded me a bit of Alton Towers (a theme park here in the UK) from the pictures. :) Hope you are enjoying it!

It was a more than great day! Marvelous weather! It was a bit crowded, but during the day they decided to give an extra 1.5 hour before closing :) And it was great to see that the new ride, Baron 1898 and will be open in summer 2015, was almost there! Another thrill-seeker in the park :)

Baron1898_750x422.jpg

Last edited:

Princess A

I was tempted by breakfast at BOG on Monday as there was an available booking for 9:15am, but I don't want to overwhelm my BF. He's never been abroad, let alone to a place like Disney World, so I thought I would break us in gently, haha! :p Tempted to make it anyway, but I can see his face now... First real day in any of the parks and I'll be demanding too much. :oops:

FlaggNL

Original Poster
I was tempted by breakfast at BOG on Monday as there was an available booking for 9:15am, but I don't want to overwhelm my BF. He's never been abroad, let alone to a place like Disney World, so I thought I would break us in gently, haha! :p Tempted to make it anyway, but I can see his face now... First real day in any of the parks and I'll be demanding too much. :oops:

LOL :) just go for it princess! Never been too BOG but all the pictures we saw.. that's a have to be place :) When were you visiting WDW?

Princess A

LOL :) just go for it princess! Never been too BOG but all the pictures we saw.. that's a have to be place :) When were you visiting WDW?

I have! :p I got 9:20am (reasonable to assume my BF will be able to get up and ready for then) on Monday 27th April. And the best thing is we have QS Dining so it is included. We are leaving this Saturday (eeek!) fro two lovely weeks. :)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
I have! :p I got 9:20am (reasonable to assume my BF will be able to get up and ready for then) on Monday 27th April. And the best thing is we have QS Dining so it is included. We are leaving this Saturday (eeek!) fro two lovely weeks. :)

Great! 9.20 is a great time :) And hey you will be in WDW so you have to get up early :) The BF needs to be aware of that! And I am sure he will enjoy the trip as much as possible :) And WOW this Saturday.... that's soon.... we have to wait for sooo long! And hey the day you are having breakfast at BOG we have a day off :) We have the so called 'Kings Day' :) And will you keep us posted during your trip or afterwise? :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom