Things you wouldn't have normally packed

DisneyDebNJ

Last year, I had the unfortunate experience of being stung by a bee in Moroco (he was after my baklava! LOL) I am mildly allergic, so went to the health care center, where I was treated VERY well, given ice and a benadryl. On my list this year is benadryl!! I also started packing moleskin several years ago, along with bandaids (who doesn't suffer from blisters!!) I also started packing dryer sheets for lots of reasons. I ask you all, what are things you pack that most people don't think of?

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
I also do the plug strip, can of Lysol, and tub of Clorox wipes, extra hangers, scissors, pop up clothes hamper...I can't stand dirty laundry being anywhere other than the clothes hamper,...along with the usual meds, snacks, drinks, first aid kit and hand sanitizer.
We do all of the above as well LOL (minus the extra hangers, scissors and hamper) but we bring garbage bags, and do a cpl loads of laundry in the morning at our resort. I just purchased two portable phone chargers as well, so that will be added on to my must pack list LOL Since Southwest allows 2 free bags, we have one bag dedicated to toiletries and such, then put all of our Disney purchases in that bag on the way home.

Upvote 0
A lot of you guys seem to bring a hamper with you. My suggestion is to put all clean clothes in the drawers and then stand your suitcases on end with just the top unzippered and use that for dirty clothes. Then at the end of the trip no packing of clothes required! When packing to go home I put a garbage bag on top of the dirty clothes and any clean clothes and toiletries go on top.

What I do bring is basically my whole medicine cabinet! Twice now I've forgotten contact lens solution (and I'm an optometrist, killed me to pay for it in the gift shop) and myself and my 2 yr old have gotten sick while at disney. New to my list this year will be a thermometer.

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

LOLOL I LOVE the cake glitter idea!!!!! I usually make separate lists.. headache stuff (excedrin, motrin, tylenol) allergy meds (cold advil, robitussin dm, but never packed benadryl) first aid stuff (bandaids, etc, etc) and hair care products and brushes. I can't tell you how many bandaids Ive handed out in the parks, to complete strangers LOL. (Hey, I know how it is) I need to look into those portable chargers for my phone this year. Earplugs... I bought those sponge-type ones for Ron last year, along with swimmer's ear stuff and debrox LMAO.
Debrox is a must along with the mole skin. I 100% agree... I've used debrox and so has my DS. Thank God we had it bc the hotel store doesn't carry it. We would have had to leave the resort to get it :eek:

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

My trip's not for another three weeks but I am bringing at least a few doses of every. single. medication my son or I could possibly need. Motrin. Benadryl. Gas-X. Pepto. Claritin. In-ear thermometer. Vicks Vaporub. First aid kit. My beloved Theraflu. I know, I know, I don't have to pack it, I can buy it all in the gift shops, but I'm hoping that if I lug it all to Florida, I will not actually need any of it. :)

Beyond that, on all my non-Disney trips I pack a little bin (this time it's a collapsible fabric one) to corral all the room keys and loose change and little things that annoy me when they're floating around every surface in a hotel room. If everybody empties their stuff right into that bin, it cuts down on a ton of confusion and "Have you seen my..." Drives me nuts!

Great idea with the bin to gather everyone's stuff!! I am definitely using that idea :) Thanks

Upvote 0

allgiggles

I pack many of the things mentioned. We drive to Disney so I have a "Disney Bin" of stuff: collapsible bins in a few sizes (for holding keys, receipts, and other small items; for carrying numerous mugs to the food court to refill; to hold socks, undies, swim suits, etc. when we don't have enough drawer space.), various sizes of ziploc bags, garbage bags, travel-sized power strips, clothespins, magnetic bulldog clips, pop-up hampers, duct tape, Scotch tape, small paper tablet, post-it notes (for covering the auto-flush sensors when a child is terrified of being "flushed" on while still sitting on the toilet), scissors, sharpie, air freshener, Mini M & M container filled with pennies and quarters for the pressed penny machines (I also take a tube with just quarters and an envelope of dollar bills to use in vending machines in the hotels and rest stops for the drive down and back home), travel packs of Clorox wipes and anti-bacterial hand wipes, night lights, and a tennis ball (to roll under our feet after a long day of walking in the parks. Also helps to loosen up tightened hamstrings.). I also pack a small first aid/pharmaceutical bin but have cut back dramatically on that one. I take pack plenty of the meds we know we will need (adult pain relievers and allergy meds). But I only take a few doses of things we *might* need: stomach meds, children's fever reducer, etc. because I just don't want to be stuck needing it in the middle of the night -- if we need more I'll either get it in the gift shop or we'll drive off property for it. That first aid kit also includes Body Glide, Anti-chafing cream (that one gets used almost every trip), first-aid cream, Bio-Freeze, a heating pad, various sizes of band-aids, blister band-aids, and an ice pack. The first aid kit stays in the room but I put a few band-aids and the doses of any meds we need in the parks in my pocket before we leave the room.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

~ Nightlights (not all of the ones in the hotels work properly, if they're there at all)
~ Disposable rain ponchos (we never take them anywhere but Disney World)
~ Individually-packaged hand sanitizing wipes (great for on-the-go cleanups before and after meals)
~ Wooden clothespins (for hanging wet bathing suits on the over-the-tub clothesline, to keep papers together or chip bags closed)

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

If space is at a premium and you want to avoid bringing a laundry bag or collapsible hamper, we typically use the plastic dry cleaning bags provided by Disney as our laundry bag -- and then similar to what @figmentfan22 suggested, we keep that bag inside of an unzipped piece of luggage in the closet area.

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
I pack many of the things mentioned. We drive to Disney so I have a "Disney Bin" of stuff: collapsible bins in a few sizes (for holding keys, receipts, and other small items; for carrying numerous mugs to the food court to refill; to hold socks, undies, swim suits, etc. when we don't have enough drawer space.), various sizes of ziploc bags, garbage bags, travel-sized power strips, clothespins, magnetic bulldog clips, pop-up hampers, duct tape, Scotch tape, small paper tablet, post-it notes (for covering the auto-flush sensors when a child is terrified of being "flushed" on while still sitting on the toilet), scissors, sharpie, air freshener, Mini M & M container filled with pennies and quarters for the pressed penny machines (I also take a tube with just quarters and an envelope of dollar bills to use in vending machines in the hotels and rest stops for the drive down and back home), travel packs of Clorox wipes and anti-bacterial hand wipes, night lights, and a tennis ball (to roll under our feet after a long day of walking in the parks. Also helps to loosen up tightened hamstrings.). I also pack a small first aid/pharmaceutical bin but have cut back dramatically on that one. I take pack plenty of the meds we know we will need (adult pain relievers and allergy meds). But I only take a few doses of things we *might* need: stomach meds, children's fever reducer, etc. because I just don't want to be stuck needing it in the middle of the night -- if we need more I'll either get it in the gift shop or we'll drive off property for it. That first aid kit also includes Body Glide, Anti-chafing cream (that one gets used almost every trip), first-aid cream, Bio-Freeze, a heating pad, various sizes of band-aids, blister band-aids, and an ice pack. The first aid kit stays in the room but I put a few band-aids and the doses of any meds we need in the parks in my pocket before we leave the room.
BioFreeze was my hero last year. I also packed a handful of ziploc bags for ice. (Id fill them up at our resort, wrap a towel around them and put them in a back pack) Even my son and husband found these helpful.

Upvote 0

allgiggles

BioFreeze was my hero last year. I also packed a handful of ziploc bags for ice. (Id fill them up at our resort, wrap a towel around them and put them in a back pack) Even my son and husband found these helpful.

I don't go anywhere without the BioFreeze. Really love the roll-on version. I used it on the bottom of my feet every night at Disney World. Between that and the tennis ball yoga for my feet, they felt really good all week.

Upvote 0

KCheatle

Just bought 6 Frogg Toggs!! ;) One for each of my family members and then one for my mom and dad for Mother's/Father's day. My mom has a terrible time with heat, so I think she in particular will enjoy having this for our July trip!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom