Things you wouldn't have normally packed

DisneyDebNJ

Last year, I had the unfortunate experience of being stung by a bee in Moroco (he was after my baklava! LOL) I am mildly allergic, so went to the health care center, where I was treated VERY well, given ice and a benadryl. On my list this year is benadryl!! I also started packing moleskin several years ago, along with bandaids (who doesn't suffer from blisters!!) I also started packing dryer sheets for lots of reasons. I ask you all, what are things you pack that most people don't think of?

HouCuseChickie

Now first...let me go into mom of an allergic child mode :D You might want to ask your dr which meds they'd prefer for you to be carrying. I only say this because the girls' doctors have switched from Benadryl to Zyrtec when it comes to helping stop a potentially anaphylactic reaction. While Kendall has it with her EpiPens for her food allergies, both girls have shown mild to moderate reactions to various types of insect bites...so, we carry for that reason as well.

Beyond that- I've been known to pack the kitchen sink (assuming I remember to check my detailed list). Seriously. :oops: I bring everything from a small first aid kit and nail polish to touch up my pedicure to earplugs (someone has a "little" snoring problem), backup sunglasses, and cake glitter (because you never know when you may need your own pixie dust!)

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
Now first...let me go into mom of an allergic child mode :D You might want to ask your dr which meds they'd prefer for you to be carrying. I only say this because the girls' doctors have switched from Benadryl to Zyrtec when it comes to helping stop a potentially anaphylactic reaction. While Kendall has it with her EpiPens for her food allergies, both girls have shown mild to moderate reactions to various types of insect bites...so, we carry for that reason as well.

Beyond that- I've been known to pack the kitchen sink (assuming I remember to check my detailed list). Seriously. :oops: I bring everything from a small first aid kit and nail polish to touch up my pedicure to earplugs (someone has a "little" snoring problem), backup sunglasses, and cake glitter (because you never know when you may need your own pixie dust!)
LOLOL I LOVE the cake glitter idea!!!!! I usually make separate lists.. headache stuff (excedrin, motrin, tylenol) allergy meds (cold advil, robitussin dm, but never packed benadryl) first aid stuff (bandaids, etc, etc) and hair care products and brushes. I can't tell you how many bandaids Ive handed out in the parks, to complete strangers LOL. (Hey, I know how it is) I need to look into those portable chargers for my phone this year. Earplugs... I bought those sponge-type ones for Ron last year, along with swimmer's ear stuff and debrox LMAO.

Upvote 0

LAM378

My trip's not for another three weeks but I am bringing at least a few doses of every. single. medication my son or I could possibly need. Motrin. Benadryl. Gas-X. Pepto. Claritin. In-ear thermometer. Vicks Vaporub. First aid kit. My beloved Theraflu. I know, I know, I don't have to pack it, I can buy it all in the gift shops, but I'm hoping that if I lug it all to Florida, I will not actually need any of it. :)

Beyond that, on all my non-Disney trips I pack a little bin (this time it's a collapsible fabric one) to corral all the room keys and loose change and little things that annoy me when they're floating around every surface in a hotel room. If everybody empties their stuff right into that bin, it cuts down on a ton of confusion and "Have you seen my..." Drives me nuts!

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
My trip's not for another three weeks but I am bringing at least a few doses of every. single. medication my son or I could possibly need. Motrin. Benadryl. Gas-X. Pepto. Claritin. In-ear thermometer. Vicks Vaporub. First aid kit. My beloved Theraflu. I know, I know, I don't have to pack it, I can buy it all in the gift shops, but I'm hoping that if I lug it all to Florida, I will not actually need any of it. :)

Beyond that, on all my non-Disney trips I pack a little bin (this time it's a collapsible fabric one) to corral all the room keys and loose change and little things that annoy me when they're floating around every surface in a hotel room. If everybody empties their stuff right into that bin, it cuts down on a ton of confusion and "Have you seen my..." Drives me nuts!
yep... forgot the tummy stuff too! LOLOL

Upvote 0

LAM378

yep... forgot the tummy stuff too! LOLOL

Oh, bring it ALL. Just so it won't be necessary. You know.

I got super excited tonight when I did a trial run packing our suitcase. I just sloppily threw in everything I intend to bring and weighed it. It's only clocking in at 39.4 lbs, and now I'm fighting the urge to bring another 10 lbs of pharmaceuticals.

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
Oh, bring it ALL. Just so it won't be necessary. You know.

I got super excited tonight when I did a trial run packing our suitcase. I just sloppily threw in everything I intend to bring and weighed it. It's only clocking in at 39.4 lbs, and now I'm fighting the urge to bring another 10 lbs of pharmaceuticals.
LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG you sound like me LOL

Upvote 0

LucyK

Moleskin is always high on my list followed by a collapsible shoes hanger that we hang on the bathroom door to keep everything neat and organized, we're a pros at forgetting stuff back at the hotel so we try to put everything in the shoe hanger to minimize what we forget. It seems to be working, we only forgot one flip-flop last time! :D

Upvote 0

harveyt0206

My mini Bose speakers. I love having music in our room anytime we are there. One of our rules is that we do not turn on the TV for any reason other than checking account charges or if a major national news story requires our attention. We were at Disney in 2012 when the Boston marathon bombing happened, so we did turn on our TV for that trip. I also always keep a light wrap in my backpack because I tend to get chilled coming in from the Florida heat and into the air conditioned restaurants.

Upvote 0

MMDVC

I usually pack my Dry Cleaning laundry bag. Your local dry cleaners probably sells them if they offer delivery services. It costs about $6 with complimentary coupons but it has a drawstring and you can cram a LOT of dirty clothes in there for the trip home. I also always grab the small plastic dirty laundry bags hanging in the hotel closets, in case I need a trash bag in the hotel room. I can not stand to smell leftover food in the hotel room waiting for the maid. It has been a while since we have had dirty disposable diapers to worry about ... but always seem to need more trash bags.... I wish more mothers would carry small plastic bags in their diaper sacks cause nothing is worse than that smell of the women's restrooms in WDW especially in the summertime!

I am hoping to remind myself to bring a clothespin or large food bag clip to keep the hotel curtains closed. The little line of light shining thru drives me crazy and I never remember that until next trip middle of night staring at the crack of light keeping me awake once again....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom