Things you never understood about the parks, that maybe somebody can explain

SyracuseDisneyFan

Not sure what you mean by that. The resorts all have buses that go to the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and the other areas. Also, not ALL MK area resorts are connected by monorail (i.e. Wilderness Lodge).

I know Wilderness Lodge isn't connected by monorail. However, someone at Epcot said the only way to get back to the Bay Lake Tower (where we had been staying) was to use the monorail. I was hoping to take the bus because I was hot, tired and wasn't feeling good. My Mom and I simply weren't in the mood for more walking.

jaklgreen

I know Wilderness Lodge isn't connected by monorail. However, someone at Epcot said the only way to get back to the Bay Lake Tower (where we had been staying) was to use the monorail. I was hoping to take the bus because I was hot, tired and wasn't feeling good. My Mom and I simply weren't in the mood for more walking.

Yep, pretty sure that is the only way to get to and from Epcot from the monorail resorts

doctornick

Although I would rarely if ever use them, I do agree with the need for more single rider lines at WDW. It's interesting how many they have at DLR (8 total rides) with only 3 at WDW (TT, Everest, RNR if anyone does not know).

The following rides would all be good ideas to add single riders lines at WDW (barring limiting to actually building a single rider queue):
1. Soarin'
2. Tower of Terror
3. Space Mountain
4. Dinosaur
5. Kali River Rapids

You could also put Pimeval Whirl in the list, I suppose. All of them have either odd enough seating or large rows that would often leave single rider spots open and leave opportunities for greater efficiency with single rider.

Beyond that, I think you could make arguments for TSMM, Buzz, and Splash Mountain, but I think they would be less beneficial and be potentially awkward for guests being close to each other.

I see no reason why a ride like HM would use single rider (even ignoring the issue with the stretch room messing up any line). I think it is bizarre to even suggest that.

Club Cooloholic

Hello,
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but why must all buses to Disney Springs/Downtown Disney have to leave from a resort and not any of the parks, especially with all the new openings at Disney Springs (restaurants and shops)?
For example, to get from Animal Kingdom, we bus to the AKL, and change to a DD bus. (resort-attraction, not attraction to attraction)
Thanks, and Ch-Ears!
Bill
Folks would park free at disney springs rather than pay to park at the parks

DisneyJunkie

There should be a bus from Epcot back to Bay Lake Tower. However, it might be faster just to take the Epcot monorail back to the TTC and from there take the monorail around Seven Seas Lagoon and get off at the Contemporary. It just depends on when you get to the bus stop at Epcot. You could have just missed the bus and then have to wait another 20+ minutes for the next one, in which case I'd recommend the monorail option.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
There should be a bus from Epcot back to Bay Lake Tower. However, it might be faster just to take the Epcot monorail back to the TTC and from there take the monorail around Seven Seas Lagoon and get off at the Contemporary. It just depends on when you get to the bus stop at Epcot. You could have just missed the bus and then have to wait another 20+ minutes for the next one, in which case I'd recommend the monorail option.
Buses do not run from Epcot to the resorts on the monorail line unless the monorail is not in service.

grim-grinning_toast

Is there a system for when to intervene with someone's child? There was a kid climbing over the gate to the hubgrass on our last trip and I know the CM saw him, but she didn't do anything about it.

Why are rides like Dumbo still allowed to operate during Wishes even though pieces of burning ash definitely fall near/on these rides?

And are CMs actually counting every body they allow into a ride like the Haunted Mansion or the Laugh Floor? How do they know when to stop?!

Goofyernmost

Is there a system for when to intervene with someone's child? There was a kid climbing over the gate to the hubgrass on our last trip and I know the CM saw him, but she didn't do anything about it.
If they don't care, why should you. It's not your problem so I don't think there is ever a time for you to intervene.

Why are rides like Dumbo still allowed to operate during Wishes even though pieces of burning ash definitely fall near/on these rides?
Are you sure that happens? If it does it would depend on which way the wind is blowing and perhaps if it is on a direct path, they would stop them. That is something that I have no knowledge of at all.

And are CMs actually counting every body they allow into a ride like the Haunted Mansion or the Laugh Floor? How do they know when to stop?!
I'd say that they have a pretty good idea how many people are going into, I think you are talking about the shrinking room, if not they stop when it is full. Same with Laugh Floor, but, it holds a lot of people so I doubt they have ever maxed out at all.

grim-grinning_toast

If they don't care, why should you. It's not your problem so I don't think there is ever a time for you to intervene.

Are you sure that happens? If it does it would depend on which way the wind is blowing and perhaps if it is on a direct path, they would stop them. That is something that I have no knowledge of at all.

Oh, I definitely didn't mean is there a system for when I should intervene. It seemed pretty dangerous, that's all. And it happened to me and my friend's sister on Dumbo, but it probably was a wind thing. I'd never thought of that!

jaklgreen

Yep, they are counting. That is why they constantly ask "how many?"

Jon81uk

Although I would rarely if ever use them, I do agree with the need for more single rider lines at WDW. It's interesting how many they have at DLR (8 total rides) with only 3 at WDW (TT, Everest, RNR if anyone does not know).

The following rides would all be good ideas to add single riders lines at WDW (barring limiting to actually building a single rider queue):
1. Soarin'
2. Tower of Terror
3. Space Mountain
4. Dinosaur
5. Kali River Rapids

You could also put Pimeval Whirl in the list, I suppose. All of them have either odd enough seating or large rows that would often leave single rider spots open and leave opportunities for greater efficiency with single rider.

Beyond that, I think you could make arguments for TSMM, Buzz, and Splash Mountain, but I think they would be less beneficial and be potentially awkward for guests being close to each other.

I see no reason why a ride like HM would use single rider (even ignoring the issue with the stretch room messing up any line). I think it is bizarre to even suggest that.

One reason Tower of Terror doesn't quite need a single rider queue is the odd seating with three on one side and four on the other side of the aisle, that way odd size groups go one side and even the other

Yep, pretty sure that is the only way to get to and from Epcot from the monorail resorts

If you don't mind spending the $10-15, you can also take a cab. That's what I did to get back to Bay Lake Towers from Epcot when i got REALLY sick, and an hour of travel time with the monorails made me want to cry...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom