THE WORST MOVIES EVER! thread

FairytaleMagic

imagineer99 said:
However, may I inquire what was actually GOOD about Bringing down the House?

What did you like more? The shoddy story, the racist overtones, the blackification humor, the poor script, the common denominator humor, or Eugene Levy talking "ghetto"?

Just Curious...:lookaroun

Bringing down the House is one of the few films where I turned to the person next to me and said: "How could anybody read this script and agree to make this movie? ;)

Well to each his own...

Let the crap continue to fly!

Very good points imagineer99, but I liken the movie to watching The Dave Chappelle Show or Reno 911 (which are pretty extreme). It's just wrong, but sometimes it's hard not to crack a smile.

Darn now I feel guilty for watching Bringing Down the House, Chappelle, and Reno. :brick:

DDuckFan130

FairytaleMagic said:
You've got to explain The Ring to me!! PM me or something. I've had three friends try to explain it to me. And I still didn't get it. One explanation: chain letter like :confused: :veryconfu

As for Birth of a Nation. Good cinematography doesn't hide the fact that the movie still blows. But I've never been into cinematography so your value of it would no doubt be greater than mine.
:lol: I by no means am a film buff in that respect. My point was only that basically, for its time, Birth of a Nation was revolutionary. The content is obviously bad and it's silent so these days silent films are like taboo, BUT for its time it accomplished a lot.

I'll PM you soon to explain it :wave:.

artvandelay

Here we go:

1 What About Bob?
2 Star Trek 5 (Shatner directing)
3 Rat Race
4 The Mexican
5 My Best Friends Wedding

Here's a sub-category:

Bad Movies that you have to watch every time they're on HBO

1 Clash of the Titans
2 Midnight Madness (long time ago)
3 Star Wars Ep. II Attack of the Clones

imagineer99

Original Poster
artvandelay said:
Here we go:

Here's a sub-category:

Bad Movies that you have to watch every time they're on HBO

1 Clash of the Titans
2 Midnight Madness (long time ago)
3 Star Wars Ep. II Attack of the Clones

I shall add:

3 Ninjas to that list (terrible movie, but I used to watch all the time as a kid)

imagineer99 said:
I shall add:

3 Ninjas to that list (terrible movie, but I used to watch all the time as a kid)

Ha, 3 Ninjas, I liked that too, but it was pretty bad.

I have to add Ace Ventura: Pet Detective to the list, I hate it!

ISTCrew20

I felt the same way about the Ring. Everyone thought it was so scary, and after I watched it, I thought it was an ok movie, but not scary.

If you ever wanna see some movies that are so bad they're good, watch "Fear Fridays" on SciFi. I love watching those old 50's alien movies, and it's so funny when you see the techniques they used in filming back then. At the end of this one movie (I can't remember the name) there was a chase with aliens in the cave, and they kept using the same cave set over and over and over just having the aliens run through it over and over again.

FairytaleMagic

ISTCrew20 said:
I felt the same way about the Ring. Everyone thought it was so scary, and after I watched it, I thought it was an ok movie, but not scary.

If you ever wanna see some movies that are so bad they're good, watch "Fear Fridays" on SciFi. I love watching those old 50's alien movies, and it's so funny when you see the techniques they used in filming back then. At the end of this one movie (I can't remember the name) there was a chase with aliens in the cave, and they kept using the same cave set over and over and over just having the aliens run through it over and over again.

:lol: when does it come on? You can't see zippers on the back of the costumes can you?

HMGhost13

a lot of people bash BWP. it scared the crud outta me (guess cause i live near woods and have an over active imagination) and i can never watch The Ring alone, not all the way through.

worse movies i've seen:

5- Plan 9 From Outer Space (only #5 cause it was unintentionally funny)
4- Matrix 2 & 3 (first one rocked but the last two were unnecessary)
3- Country Bears (and i only watched 5 minutes of it)
2- Batman & Robin (stupid stupid stupid)
1- The Haunted Mansion (BURN IT!!! EVERY DVD EVERY COPY OF THIS FILM!!!!!! BURN!!!! :mad: )

DDuckFan130

artvandelay said:
Is this a college course? If it is, I have to go back to college!
Yes it is :lol:. I took it a couple of years ago and we watched these movies that I can remember and analyzed them from a sociological perspective. I got an A :lol:. Here's the movies I can remember:

Birth of a Nation
Rosewood
Romero
Matewan
Roger and Me
Citizen Kane
Tora! Tora! Tora!
Primary Colors

Captain Hank

ISTCrew20 said:
If you want to see even more of these movies, look up the Mystery Science Theater 3000 DVD's. The show was mentioned by Imagineer Boy on the last page, and if you want an explaination of it look here: http://www.mst3k.com/ It was my favorite show until it went off the air this past January.

As for my list:
5. Godzilla-Just Bad.
4. Dumber and Dumberer-Any movie with that title isn't worth my time.
3. Star Wars: Episode I-Down with Jar-Jar!
2. Star Trek: Nemesis-Wow, was there anything good about this movie?
1. Manos: Hands of Fate-Considered the worst movie ever shown on MST3K. And that's saying a lot

Not For Sale

Daddy Day Care (forced to see it with school for some reason)
The Alamo (once again, forced)
Cheaper by the Dozen (I chose this one for some reason)
Good Boy (I have a story about that movie that isn't that entertaining and involves feet and sedated teenage whores)
The Stupids
Patch Adams
Dude, Where's My Car?
I remember hating Dracula, Dead and Loving it, but it was a long time ago and I'm not sure why
Tomb Raider 2
Meet the Parents (too many jokes spoiled by the previews)
Oh! I almost forgot!...Daredevil

imagineer99

Original Poster
^^ Tomb Raider 2! GOOD ADDITION

Even Jolie's ______-etts could save that flick from a spiral into crap-itude! (a word I just made up);)

AND MAYBE I SHOULD ADD...

Dangerous Minds starring Michelle Phieffer. "She's got an accent! She's lost the accent! She's got an accent! She's lost the accent! etc....."

Slipknot

I know I'm gonna get chewed out for this one...

"Passion of The Christ"

Any Horror movie w/out Freddy, Jason, Michael Myers, Chucky, The Leprechaun, and zombies.

"Catwoman"

The final two (2) "Batman" movies.

imagineer boy

hcwalker16 said:
If you want to see even more of these movies, look up the Mystery Science Theater 3000 DVD's. The show was mentioned by Imagineer Boy on the last page, and if you want an explaination of it look here: http://www.mst3k.com/ It was my favorite show until it went off the air this past January.

Or you could go to www.netflix.com and rent a few that are on DVD. Just type it in the seach button and you'll find quite a few. I highly reccomentd them. They're hilariouse. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom