THE WORST MOVIES EVER! thread

imagineer99

Original Poster
Alrighty...we've had threads concerning good movies and movie quotes

Now, I present to you all a thread featuring nothing but the worst--the horrendous crap that Hollywood has tried to shove in the dumpster.

Everyone list their top five worst movies (in no particular order) and give a short explanation why.

Remember, these movies can't simply be things that you thought were bad. They must be films that you despised so much that you either

1.) Questioned your place on this earth
2.) Thought everyone involved with the film was insane

So, without further adieu, I present:

The WDWMAGIC.com RAZZIES...

I'll start it off:

1.) "YOU GOT SERVED!" -- B2k and acting is never a good combination.
2.) "BRINGING DOWN THE HOUSE" -- Steve Martin! Queen Latifah! CRAZY!
3.) "MASTER OF DISGUISE" -- I think a clone made this movie for Carvey.
4.) "BATTLEFIELD EARTH." -- Oy Vey!
5.) "SUPER BABIES: BABY GENIUSES 2" (Haven't Seen, but the trailer speaks for itself;))

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
5.) "SUPER BABIES: BABY GENIUSES 2" (Haven't Seen, but the trailer speaks for itself)

This has been said to be THE worst movie ever. I agree. :lol:

However, I must agree with two of the movies you posted---I found Bringing Down the House and You Got Served very enjoyable films. :lookaroun

1. Open Water - Worst. Movie. Ever.
2. The Chronicles of Riddick - Need I say more?
3. The Big Bounce - It made absolutely NO sense at all.
4. Baby Geniuses - You cannot make me watch this one again.
5. Torque - :brick:

As you can see, 4 out of those 5 films came out this year......

stitchrules223

Here's my list:

1. Fame- people's morals were so screwy in that movie!
2. Footloose- see above
3. Gigli- no plot
4. The Scarlet Letter (Demi Moore version)-had almost nothing to do with the original book
5. The Land Before Time- any of them, because they give a very unrealistic view of dinosaurs to children (not many films, etc. do a very good job, unless it's on the Learning Channel or the like) I even hated it when I was a kid!

ISTCrew20

1) Envy - Pointless, and extremely dry for a comedy.

2)Exorcist:The Beginning - Had nothing to do with the original movie. Really, it was good until the last hour, but then, ewww.

3)Blair Witch Project - I mean, what was the big deal.

4)Passion of the Christ - I mean, it was ok, but for the type of movie it was, it deserved nowhere near the hype. It didn't "change my life". I didn't faint in the aisle. For me, it was a movie and nothing more.

5)I dont know, there are many I can put here. I'll leave this one blank.

**for some positive news, the best movie in theaters right now is Napoleon Dynamite . Never have I laughed so hard in one movie**

DDuckFan130

1)Mars Attacks!- Why Jack, why?!
2)Rules of Attraction-not the Julianne Moore one...I'm talking about the James Van der Beek (sp?) one. It was gross and weird.
3)XXX-how did I get talked into that? Maybe it was the thought of Vin Diesel. But that's not enough motivation. :hammer:
4)Glitter-enough said.
5)Signs-I thought I liked it when I saw it at the theater because it was fun how we all got spooked in the theater. But when I saw it on cable a while back, I did not like it so much anymore.

isnet396

1. Xanadu - Olivia Newton-John in a freaky 40s meets the 80s make-your-head-explode musical
2. Zardoz - Sean Connery in a scaled down sumo wrestler thong sort of thing for 90 minutes in the most bizzare plotline ever conceived
3. Invasion of the Bee Girls - A film in the 70s based on how a certain group of women would fornicate with various men to death.
4. Half Baked - Unless you're half baked, its the dumbest film ever released.
5. Hell Comes To Frogtown - Bizzare plot, Sam Hell is the only fertile man on the planet in the year 3000, and is commissioned by the US government to repopulate the earth along with about 20 different women (Rated PG).

Woody13

5. Spice World (It was bad)
4. Howard The Duck (It was very bad)
3. Batman & Robin (It was worse than bad)
2. Wild Wild West (It was worse than very bad)
1. [font=Arial, Helvetica]Battlefield Earth (Needs no explanation)
[/font]

DDuckFan130

Woody13 said:
5. Spice World (It was bad)
4. Howard The Duck (It was very bad)
2. Wild Wild West (It was worse than very bad)
1. [font=Arial, Helvetica]Battlefield Earth (Needs no explanation)
[/font]

I don't know why, but I like Spice World :lol:. I definitely do not think it's a masterpiece of the theater, but it made me laugh, and sometimes that's good enough for me.

Batman and Robin-definitely the worst of the bunch. Did not like George Clooney as Batman (loved Michael Keaton) and Uma Thurman was weird. I still watch it though when it comes on cable.

Wild Wild West- That one I think I saw in the theater, and the only good thing from it is Will Smith, because I love him. Otherwise yeah, whatever.

stranger

DDuckFan130 said:
I don't know why, but I like Spice World :lol:. I definitely do not think it's a masterpiece of the theater, but it made me laugh, and sometimes that's good enough for me.

I like that movie too. Of course, I watched it in spanish. I guess Spice Girls are good only in spanish. :hammer:

barnum42

I don't have a ready made list of long hated flicks, but here are five that spring to mind.

1. Do most of the straight to video animated cheapquels count?
2. Johnny English - A total waste of Rowan Atkinson
3. The Abyss (the original cinema release that the suits ruined, the longer director's cut is great and has the whole thing making sense)
4. Silence of the Lambs - just plain unpleasant.
5. U-571 - How much can you change the history behind a true story. I'm sorry, but this boat was not captured by American forces.

disney_nutter

5)the villiage
4)sixth sense
3)blair witch 2 (first one was ok like but the second one why did they even bother
2)carry on clombus(a very poor carryon movie we only hope carry on london will be better)
1)and the winner is catwoman im sorry what is the point of this movie

TAC

1) The Ref - mid 90's "comedy" - It wasn't funny.
2) 28 Days Later - supposed to be the most scary movie ever - NOT.
3) Scary Movie - sorry, not funny.
4) The Day After Tomorrow - ho hum, yawn - although the environmental wackos love this one I guess.

All I can think of so far....

imagineer99

Original Poster
Woody13 said:

[/font]

I concur fully...

and Nemorocks, you are SO right about openwater. That's an hour and fifteen minutes of my life I can't get back.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
imagineer99 said:
That's an hour and fifteen minutes of my life I can't get back.

I said the exact same thing myself. :lol: A friend of mine who saw it even complained about how horrible it was and they gave him free passes to another movie.

I don't know why, but I like Spice World .

As did I..... :lookaroun

barnum42

PeeplMoovr said:
1. Armageddon
2. Armageddon
3. Armageddon
4. Armageddon
5. Armageddon

Yes, I thought it was that bad.
I thought it was a brilliant comedy.

Shame it was not meant to be one.

JBSLJames

5. Gone with the Wind
4. Glory
3. Saving Private Ryan
2. 2001 - A Space Odyssey
1. Citzen Kane

Followed closely by. . .

* Steel Magnolias
* Ghost
* Every movie with Barbara Steisand
* Philadelphia
* Some Like it Hot
* A Beautiful Mind

rosebud's mom

Its so rare any more that a movie is good, that I haven't even bothered to see most of what you've already mentioned. However, my personal mistakes include :

1. Blair Witch Project - should have had the pregnant women and those proned to motion sickness should avoid this film !

2. Master of Disquise - Dana Carvey in small amounts is ok, but this was an overload !

3. Exorcist 2 - the Heretic - so bad for so many reasons !!

4. 28 Days Later - poor excuse for a zombie flick

5. Wrong Turn - ho-hum predictable all the way

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom