Pre-Trip The "we're big fat liars who couldn't stay away for even six months" pre-trip report

Greetings from New Jersey! It's me, Bee, your favorite opera singing vegetarian lesbian on WDW Magic!

For an idea of my Disney style, you can check some of my previous TRs. You can also read a bit about my wife, M (my traveling companion and favorite person in the whole world) and me:

Flowers, Family, and ??Fireworks?? (and lots of FOOD): A Memorial Week Trip Report
Yes, we're a little crazy! Our trip to the 20th Annual Beer and Heat Festival
Ex-Floridians take on Walt Disney World during summer
A February Drinking Around the World, Resort-Hopping Disneymoon!

At the end of my last report I reported on our plans not to renew our APs and not to go back to WDW for awhile. As we looked at the calendar for the rest of the year and considered holiday travel plans, it became apparent that it is going to be difficult-to-impossible to travel to see family for Christmas due to the timing of things this year. On a whim I checked the Southwest fares for around Thanksgiving, and there was a really good deal on direct flights to Florida. ORLANDO, Florida.

You do the math. Two Disney Freak Ex-Floridians plus cheap Southwest flights to Orlando plus a few days off from work equals…

We’re going back!

The best deal was for Wednesday-Monday (and that gives us a little buffer in case of delays, severe weather, etc.). I’m off Wednesday anyway and can take off Monday, and M can take off both days. Since we’re flying to/from Orlando, it’s only logical that we spend time at Disney at the beginning and end of our trip!

Before any of you get your hopes up on our behalf and imagine us drinking around the world and riding Frozen and New Soarin’, know that we do not intend to purchase park tickets. We went through various options including one day Epcot tickets, one day Hoppers, and multi-day Hoppers. But the cost of a one day peak ticket is JUST SO MUCH. And once we start talking multi-day tickets, I start talking AP upgrades, and it’s like If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. Or If You Give These Disney Obsessed Lesbians Park Tickets. We’ll be tempted to go on multiple weekend trips for every little occasion like we did last year. We’ll want to get a TiW card. We’ll start booking dessert parties. WHO KNOWS where this could lead???

So in the end, we have decided this will be a no-parks trip. But it will be a resort-hopping, trying new things, relaxing together trip!! After all, there is SO MUCH to do outside of the parks, and as many times as we’ve been we haven’t done it all! Stay tuned for some specific plans.

Tag time, in no particular order, for both those who requested a tag and those who have followed along in the past and might be interested. If I left you out I apologize, and if you don't want to follow I take no offense. @ScarletBegonias @MinnieM123 @Tuvalu @figmentfan423 @dclfan @betty rose @Ciara @FlaggNL @C.FERNIE @sheriffwoody @LisaBelle @21stamps @Tiggerish @samantha788 @Tony the Tigger @fractal @lostpro9het @Doc Disney @WDW74 @jrogue @BuddyThomas @TheMouseFan @DisneyShe @ajrwdwgirl @docdebbi @Mickey2422 @WDWDarling @Mindy16 @minnie2000 @littleroo @disneypearl @Tom @maelstrom98 @Beastly74 @wdisney9000

bee

Original Poster
EXCELLENT choice!!! IM is one of our favorite spots. They have great variety, huge portions and really treat the patrons well! Enjoy the limoncello!
@lostpro9het You are one of the main reasons we decided to try IM this trip.That limoncello has been calling my name for months!

Seconded!!

@bee, I'm sure you'll love Il Mulino! That and Kona breakfast are the only two on your list that I've tried before. Like you, have enjoyed breakfast at Boma, but never dinner. Will be looking forward to your reviews! :)
Yay for Il Mulino! I'll post photos and reviews of everything! :D

bee

Original Poster
Oohhh! So many people have trips coming up soon and I'm just over here like "Is it April, yet????" but I can't wait to read your TR!
I know it's little consolation when the countdown has so many days left, but it will be so worth the wait! :D

We've stayed at that Springhill Suites and found it to be a great offsite option. :)
Tuvalu?? Offsite??? :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

(JK! Thank you for the endorsement! :))

21stamps

Following!!!! We will be there 11/24 (late night) thru 12/1! We will also be resort hopping on the monorail 11/26 (rest/water sports day for us) :) We'll be at Mizners for a bit, would prefer Trader Sams, but have to go where I can bring a kid..lol. Maybe we'll bump into each other while having a martini :)

Last edited:

bee

Original Poster
Following!!!! We will be there 11/24 (late night) thru 12/1! We will also be resort hopping on the monorail 11/26 (rest/water sports day for us) :) We'll be at Mizners for a bit, would prefer Trader Sams, but have to go where I can bring a kid..lol. Maybe we'll bump into each other while having a martini :)
If you see two lesbians (a blonde and a brunette) hopping the monorail bars say hi!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member

You'd be amazed at how many kids were in Trader Sam's when I was there last week. :banghead:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
@bee ~

Just enjoyed this and thought of you. :)

IMG_4110.JPG

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Greetings from New Jersey! It's me, Bee, your favorite opera singing vegetarian lesbian on WDW Magic!

For an idea of my Disney style, you can check some of my previous TRs. You can also read a bit about my wife, M (my traveling companion and favorite person in the whole world) and me:

Flowers, Family, and ??Fireworks?? (and lots of FOOD): A Memorial Week Trip Report
Yes, we're a little crazy! Our trip to the 20th Annual Beer and Heat Festival
Ex-Floridians take on Walt Disney World during summer
A February Drinking Around the World, Resort-Hopping Disneymoon!

At the end of my last report I reported on our plans not to renew our APs and not to go back to WDW for awhile. As we looked at the calendar for the rest of the year and considered holiday travel plans, it became apparent that it is going to be difficult-to-impossible to travel to see family for Christmas due to the timing of things this year. On a whim I checked the Southwest fares for around Thanksgiving, and there was a really good deal on direct flights to Florida. ORLANDO, Florida.

You do the math. Two Disney Freak Ex-Floridians plus cheap Southwest flights to Orlando plus a few days off from work equals…

We’re going back!

The best deal was for Wednesday-Monday (and that gives us a little buffer in case of delays, severe weather, etc.). I’m off Wednesday anyway and can take off Monday, and M can take off both days. Since we’re flying to/from Orlando, it’s only logical that we spend time at Disney at the beginning and end of our trip!

Before any of you get your hopes up on our behalf and imagine us drinking around the world and riding Frozen and New Soarin’, know that we do not intend to purchase park tickets. We went through various options including one day Epcot tickets, one day Hoppers, and multi-day Hoppers. But the cost of a one day peak ticket is JUST SO MUCH. And once we start talking multi-day tickets, I start talking AP upgrades, and it’s like If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. Or If You Give These Disney Obsessed Lesbians Park Tickets. We’ll be tempted to go on multiple weekend trips for every little occasion like we did last year. We’ll want to get a TiW card. We’ll start booking dessert parties. WHO KNOWS where this could lead???

So in the end, we have decided this will be a no-parks trip. But it will be a resort-hopping, trying new things, relaxing together trip!! After all, there is SO MUCH to do outside of the parks, and as many times as we’ve been we haven’t done it all! Stay tuned for some specific plans.

Tag time, in no particular order, for both those who requested a tag and those who have followed along in the past and might be interested. If I left you out I apologize, and if you don't want to follow I take no offense. @ScarletBegonias @MinnieM123 @Tuvalu @figmentfan423 @dclfan @betty rose @Ciara @FlaggNL @C.FERNIE @sheriffwoody @LisaBelle @21stamps @Tiggerish @samantha788 @Tony the Tigger @fractal @lostpro9het @Doc Disney @WDW74 @jrogue @BuddyThomas @TheMouseFan @DisneyShe @ajrwdwgirl @docdebbi @Mickey2422 @WDWDarling @Mindy16 @minnie2000 @littleroo @disneypearl @Tom @maelstrom98 @Beastly74 @wdisney9000

Hey you forgot me! ;)

I am intrigued about your no park ticket thread. I loved this one:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...d-the-closed-wallet-rebellion-of-2016.913844/

@epcotisbest has some really great info packed in this trip report that I plan on referring back to in the future.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That's quite a full and fun schedule. We stopped by POFQ a few weeks ago and it was quite lovely. Wished we had more time to spend there.

I flop between FQ and POR both have their bonuses. FQ I love because it is very small. Great for a commando parks resort, great bus service. Everything within a few minutes between Bus, QS and pool from any room. Perfect. It is quaint and lovely. But exploring, not so much. Small bar and gift shop, pretty tiny QS but an awesome pool and hot tub in a sheltered area. Yet because it is compact there is little to explore. POR is the place to walk to and explore. Their Lounge is a hoot on the nights Bob is preforming. We opened both of these resorts in 1991 & 1992 and both are still our favorites

bee

Original Poster
Hey you forgot me! ;)

I am intrigued about your no park ticket thread. I loved this one:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...d-the-closed-wallet-rebellion-of-2016.913844/

@epcotisbest has some really great info packed in this trip report that I plan on referring back to in the future.
I'll be sure to tag you in the TR when it goes up! :p

I flop between FQ and POR both have their bonuses. FQ I love because it is very small. Great for a commando parks resort, great bus service. Everything within a few minutes between Bus, QS and pool from any room. Perfect. It is quaint and lovely. But exploring, not so much. Small bar and gift shop, pretty tiny QS but an awesome pool and hot tub in a sheltered area. Yet because it is compact there is little to explore. POR is the place to walk to and explore. Their Lounge is a hoot on the nights Bob is preforming. We opened both of these resorts in 1991 & 1992 and both are still our favorites
I love that it's so easy to go back and forth between the two! If the timing works out I definitely want to check out Bob! I've heard only good things about him.

Tony the Tigger

#OSVL! I love that! Following

DW and I have discussed a resort only trip numerous times and we always feel that we wouldnt have the will power to not buy a ticket. Heck, we would break down and buy tickets just to be able to spend $13 on Cucumber Margaritas and German Beer in World Showcase. Let alone, if we had lunch at any of the monorail resorts and we could see Cinderella Castle....it would be a wrap. We would be at the ticket window in less than 5 minutes, lol

It's a tough call! I might have to stay at a cheap hotel and go for the park tix, although I do love to resort-hop.

bee

Original Poster
Don't forget to tag me, please
You got it, @figmentfan423!

THE PLOT THICKENS...

If you read my May-June Flower and Garden TR, you may remember that M's brother (whom I refer to on here as BIL) joined us for the first couple of days of the trip. He did not get bitten by the Disney bug like the rest of us did so instead of having an AP he purchased a 4-day Florida resident ticket that doesn't expire until six months after first use. He only used three days of his ticket and it expires at the end of next month, SOOOOOO he offered to buy us one day tickets as an early Christmas gift so he can join us for a day and we can all go to the parks together.

M and I looked at our plans to see which was the best day to go to Epcot (duh) and considered transportation options. Remember that our plan was to return our rental car to MCO Saturday morning and take the DME to POFQ, so BIL would have to 1) drive down separately or be stranded in Orlando, and 2) either a) find a room somewhere on his own, b) sneak into our room for a night, or c) drive back to Jville after he leaves the park.

As tempting as his offer was, after discussing the logistics we all mutually decided that the idea is too complicated, so we are sticking with our original plans. He's going to go with friends instead.

(PLUS I don't think he realizes how much a one day ticket actually costs because he is used to getting comp tickets or FL resident tickets, haha. We'd be going on a peak day too.)

We're now at 10 days until Chicago, 12 days until our two year wedding anniversary and HAMILTON, 36 days until Orlando, and 39 days until French Quarter!!!

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

You got it, @figmentfan423!

THE PLOT THICKENS...

If you read my May-June Flower and Garden TR, you may remember that M's brother (whom I refer to on here as BIL) joined us for the first couple of days of the trip. He did not get bitten by the Disney bug like the rest of us did so instead of having an AP he purchased a 4-day Florida resident ticket that doesn't expire until six months after first use. He only used three days of his ticket and it expires at the end of next month, SOOOOOO he offered to buy us one day tickets as an early Christmas gift so he can join us for a day and we can all go to the parks together.

M and I looked at our plans to see which was the best day to go to Epcot (duh) and considered transportation options. Remember that our plan was to return our rental car to MCO Saturday morning and take the DME to POFQ, so BIL would have to 1) drive down separately or be stranded in Orlando, and 2) either a) find a room somewhere on his own, b) sneak into our room for a night, or c) drive back to Jville after he leaves the park.

As tempting as his offer was, after discussing the logistics we all mutually decided that the idea is too complicated, so we are sticking with our original plans. He's going to go with friends instead.

(PLUS I don't think he realizes how much a one day ticket actually costs because he is used to getting comp tickets or FL resident tickets, haha. We'd be going on a peak day too.)

We're now at 10 days until Chicago, 12 days until our two year wedding anniversary and HAMILTON, 36 days until Orlando, and 39 days until French Quarter!!!

If I had a nickel for every time we thought we could squeeze in a quick trip and then realized the logistics were too complicated LOL...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom