Pre-Trip The "we're big fat liars who couldn't stay away for even six months" pre-trip report

Greetings from New Jersey! It's me, Bee, your favorite opera singing vegetarian lesbian on WDW Magic!

For an idea of my Disney style, you can check some of my previous TRs. You can also read a bit about my wife, M (my traveling companion and favorite person in the whole world) and me:

Flowers, Family, and ??Fireworks?? (and lots of FOOD): A Memorial Week Trip Report
Yes, we're a little crazy! Our trip to the 20th Annual Beer and Heat Festival
Ex-Floridians take on Walt Disney World during summer
A February Drinking Around the World, Resort-Hopping Disneymoon!

At the end of my last report I reported on our plans not to renew our APs and not to go back to WDW for awhile. As we looked at the calendar for the rest of the year and considered holiday travel plans, it became apparent that it is going to be difficult-to-impossible to travel to see family for Christmas due to the timing of things this year. On a whim I checked the Southwest fares for around Thanksgiving, and there was a really good deal on direct flights to Florida. ORLANDO, Florida.

You do the math. Two Disney Freak Ex-Floridians plus cheap Southwest flights to Orlando plus a few days off from work equals…

We’re going back!

The best deal was for Wednesday-Monday (and that gives us a little buffer in case of delays, severe weather, etc.). I’m off Wednesday anyway and can take off Monday, and M can take off both days. Since we’re flying to/from Orlando, it’s only logical that we spend time at Disney at the beginning and end of our trip!

Before any of you get your hopes up on our behalf and imagine us drinking around the world and riding Frozen and New Soarin’, know that we do not intend to purchase park tickets. We went through various options including one day Epcot tickets, one day Hoppers, and multi-day Hoppers. But the cost of a one day peak ticket is JUST SO MUCH. And once we start talking multi-day tickets, I start talking AP upgrades, and it’s like If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. Or If You Give These Disney Obsessed Lesbians Park Tickets. We’ll be tempted to go on multiple weekend trips for every little occasion like we did last year. We’ll want to get a TiW card. We’ll start booking dessert parties. WHO KNOWS where this could lead???

So in the end, we have decided this will be a no-parks trip. But it will be a resort-hopping, trying new things, relaxing together trip!! After all, there is SO MUCH to do outside of the parks, and as many times as we’ve been we haven’t done it all! Stay tuned for some specific plans.

Tag time, in no particular order, for both those who requested a tag and those who have followed along in the past and might be interested. If I left you out I apologize, and if you don't want to follow I take no offense. @ScarletBegonias @MinnieM123 @Tuvalu @figmentfan423 @dclfan @betty rose @Ciara @FlaggNL @C.FERNIE @sheriffwoody @LisaBelle @21stamps @Tiggerish @samantha788 @Tony the Tigger @fractal @lostpro9het @Doc Disney @WDW74 @jrogue @BuddyThomas @TheMouseFan @DisneyShe @ajrwdwgirl @docdebbi @Mickey2422 @WDWDarling @Mindy16 @minnie2000 @littleroo @disneypearl @Tom @maelstrom98 @Beastly74 @wdisney9000

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
@bee , now that's what I call a "Thanks"giving--being in WDW!!! :happy: Have a great time, and enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow!

That's such a sweet message, @MinnieM123 .

I'll be spending my day tomorrow traveling to England for my aunt's 60th anniversary party, so it's a kind of reverse Thanksgiving, considering that the Pilgrims came from England, I'm going there, and one of the entrees on the menu is turkey! :) (I'm having the sea bass)

bee

Original Poster
Yay!!!!! Have so much fun. That's the best part when you first land and all the magic lies ahead of you. looking forward to hearing all about it and what cocktails you try this trip. I drink Pinotage now because of you. Lol
Haha I love it! One of the best things about Disney is trying new food and beverages and then finding or making them at home. :)

Congrats and have the best trip ever!
Thank you!!!

@bee , now that's what I call a "Thanks"giving--being in WDW!!! :happy: Have a great time, and enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow!
Thank you!!! I agree :)

That's such a sweet message, @MinnieM123 .

I'll be spending my day tomorrow traveling to England for my aunt's 60th anniversary party, so it's a kind of reverse Thanksgiving, considering that the Pilgrims came from England, I'm going there, and one of the entrees on the menu is turkey! :) (I'm having the sea bass)
Haha, happy reverse Thanksgiving! Safe travels!

IMG_8398.JPG

this was at our hotel breakfast this morning!

The weather has been pleasant and we have enjoyed spending time *gasp* outside!

We tried TWO new dining experiences yesterday. You'll know one from the PTR (Il Mulino) but you'll have to wait to learn the other!

I was wide awake by 5:30 this morning (not normal for me due to my work schedules). Why? Probably because we went to bed around 8:00 Tuesday night, then woke up at 5:00 for the airport, then I passed out around 7:30 last night (!!!) then my body was ready to go by 5:30. It meant we were at breakfast before the staff opened the breakfast room! :p

Soon we'll be on our way to Jville. For now we're watching HGTV in the room. :)

bee

Original Poster
IMG_8444.JPG

This is the room where M and I are staying at her parents' house. Is there any surprise we turned out as Disney obsessed as we did! :D

Tonight the five of us (MIL, FIL, BIL, M, and I) saw Moana at the local cinema. We loved it!! A lot of the music was composed by Lin-Manuel Miranda (Hamilton composer) and we loved it. There were lots of intentional references to Disney Renaissance movies. The animation was BEAUTIFUL, especially the water. M and I will definitely see it again. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
View attachment 176311
This is the room where M and I are staying at her parents' house. Is there any surprise we turned out as Disney obsessed as we did! :D

Tonight the five of us (MIL, FIL, BIL, M, and I) saw Moana at the local cinema. We loved it!! A lot of the music was composed by Lin-Manuel Miranda (Hamilton composer) and we loved it. There were lots of intentional references to Disney Renaissance movies. The animation was BEAUTIFUL, especially the water. M and I will definitely see it again. :)

There was a Disney special on TV last night. One of the performers was the woman who sang the theme song to Moana--very nice song! I'll bet the movie was good. I'll eventually see it at some point. Glad you're having so much fun during this holiday week!

P.S.: Love the Minnie and Mickey "bookends" on the bed! HA! :D

bee

Original Poster
There was a Disney special on TV last night. One of the performers was the woman who sang the theme song to Moana--very nice song! I'll bet the movie was good. I'll eventually see it at some point. Glad you're having so much fun during this holiday week!

P.S.: Love the Minnie and Mickey "bookends" on the bed! HA! :D
We all watched the Disney special together! This is truly a Disney family! Lol :D

Today we had lunch with our friend S (the one who I mentioned before is getting married in February) and she took us to a sushi place with all you can eat lunch. The sushi is made fresh to order (not from a buffet) but you can order as much as you want for $11. The photo (if it works) is of one of my many plates of veggie sushi. We saw photos of S in her wedding dress and had a wonderful time catching up. We are so happy for her!!!

Attachments

• IMG_8453.JPG
    IMG_8453.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 23

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We all watched the Disney special together! This is truly a Disney family! Lol :D

Today we had lunch with our friend S (the one who I mentioned before is getting married in February) and she took us to a sushi place with all you can eat lunch. The sushi is made fresh to order (not from a buffet) but you can order as much as you want for $11. The photo (if it works) is of one of my many plates of veggie sushi. We saw photos of S in her wedding dress and had a wonderful time catching up. We are so happy for her!!!

Nice looking sushi plate. I don't eat sushi, but I like it as an art form! :)

What did you think of the Disney special? I saw an hour of it, but was tired and fell asleep before 9. At least I saw my favorite dancer, Derek Hough dancing a routine with his (professional dancer) sister. I can't dance to save my life, so I love watching people who are talented in dancing. As for the first hour, there were a lot of entertainers and I liked where they put the stages in various parks. I will say that this particular special didn't push the DVC sales pitch down your throat (as has been the case in the past few years with Disney specials). Wish I had seen the full 2 hours, but I enjoyed what I saw.

Figgy1

Premium Member
View attachment 176311

I'm beyond jealous. With our collective schedules Moana may have to wait until Blu Ray and I really want to see Hamilton more than ever for many reasons:D

bee

Original Poster
OMG another bucket list place that looks delish
It was delish and the staff was great about accommodating dietary restrictions! The only other Disney restaurants where our server has provided such a thorough explanation of the menu were Le Cellier and Jiko.

December is a busy month for an opera singer, or really anyone who works in entertainment and/or churches. This will be my busiest December yet! So I have NOOO idea when I'll have time to write a TR but I'll post here when I start posting it and I'll tag people in the new thread.

Figgy1

Premium Member
It was delish and the staff was great about accommodating dietary restrictions! The only other Disney restaurants where our server has provided such a thorough explanation of the menu were Le Cellier and Jiko.

December is a busy month for an opera singer, or really anyone who works in entertainment and/or churches. This will be my busiest December yet! So I have NOOO idea when I'll have time to write a TR but I'll post here when I start posting it and I'll tag people in the new thread.
Thank you and no worries

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom