Rumor The Wave to become an 'Incredibles Steakhouse'

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
F608A317-4FCD-4E39-8B37-2E48DD8B21B7.jpeg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't see how anyone calls this far-fetched. The Contemporary is the only place on property that fits the Incredibles mid-century modern aesthetic. Heck it even has a MONORAIL ROLLING THROUGH THE CENTER OF IT! Of course something as minor as a restaurant refresh could become Incredibles-themed. A whole hotel retheming wouldn't seem off-base to me.

I would be more likely to believe it if it had come from a different source.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Out of everywhere, I'd say the clientele here would likely not want to eat at a character dining establishment for every meal.
I agree with this. I could see something like Incredibles characters at breakfast, but I can’t see an entire retheme like this "rumor" states. I know it's not Coronado, but doesn't the Contemporary also do well with convention attendees? I imagine they'd prefer to have at least one "basic" restaurant like The Wave around for that crowd vs. even more character dining. It would leave California Grill as the only non-character, full-service restaurant at the resort, and that place isn't for everyone.

*Q*

What exactly is the theme of the Contemporary in 2019?
The theme is mid-2000's Contemporary Resort.
At some point, I think they'll have to bite the bullet and embrace its 20th century modernism as a theme. Just like how the Disneyland Hotel has leaned into its 50's DL heritage. Might not happen until the 2030's or 2040's. But in time, no amount of new paint or carpet will be able to justify calling it "The Contemporary Resort" anymore.
This is exactly what I've thought, with the success the Polynesian Village and the Disneyland Hotel leaning into their decades of origin. Especially with the way the Disneyland Hotel is a tribute to Disneyland itself, the Contemporary could become a tribute to the Vacation Kingdom era of Walt Disney World.

JohnD

Forgive me if this has been dealt with, and if it should be in dining (I couldn't find the rumor title there), but the site that should not be named is suggesting The Wave... of American Flavors at the Contemporary is being considered for conversion to 'The Incredibles Steakhouse'.

Any thoughts? Ideas? Truth to this? It seems ridiculous, really...

After their turning Mizner's Lounge into a Beauty and the Beast bar, I'll believe anything.

JohnD

I don’t have any info on this, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all. Following on from what has happened at Wilderness Lodge and Grand Floridian, this seems a logical step. Even more likely here as The Wave is a poor performing location.

Forgot about Snow White character dining at Artist Point. Yeah, it's very believable that this could happen now.

wdwfan4ver

Forgive me if this has been dealt with, and if it should be in dining (I couldn't find the rumor title there), but the site that should not be named is suggesting The Wave... of American Flavors at the Contemporary is being considered for conversion to 'The Incredibles Steakhouse'.

Any thoughts? Ideas? Truth to this? It seems ridiculous, really...
We are less than 3 months away from D23 and wouldn't be shocked to get more thin air rumors from the site in question.

I don't trust the person in question, but I can not rule this out. Other posters already mentioned about the bars and table service places. I can not rule out the steakhouse element either because the Contemporary had concourse steakhouse at one time.

castlecake2.0

I don’t have any info on this, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all. Following on from what has happened at Wilderness Lodge and Grand Floridian, this seems a logical step. Even more likely here as The Wave is a poor performing location.

The bar/lounge side always seems busy with an empty dining room, if they increased the size of the lounge area and reduced the dining room maybe that would get more people in, especially the convention crowd

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Once they rethemed the bar at GF to a Beauty and the Beast theme I realized we lost the battle.

We lost the battle when they made Artist Point character dining along with GotG going into Epcot with that ridiculous back story.

The Bob’s have one goal - cram IP wherever they can to make an extra buck, regardless if it goes with the theme of its location. After all, it’s about making it more Magical, More Timeless, and most importantly, More Disney!

SirLink

On the one hand it stresses the importance that Disney needs to move away from every vendor in their resorts individually being profitable but take a holistic approach to this. On the other hand I believe he is confusing one project with another project, specifically related to PIXAR character dining.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom