News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

mikejs78

Premium Member
Disney CEOs by age:

Roy Disney: 36
Donn Tatum: 58
Card Walker: 60
Ron Miller: 50
Michael Eisner: 42
Bob Iger: 54
Bob Chapek: 60
Bob Iger: 72

So only 2 Disney CEOs have been under 50 - Roy Disney (who was a founder so that kind of doesn't count) and Eisner.

If D'Amaro got it, he'd be a year older than Iger was (assuming 2026). Walden would be the oldest CEO (sans Bob Iger for his second stint).

JoeCamel

Disney CEOs by age:

Roy Disney: 36
Donn Tatum: 58
Card Walker: 60
Ron Miller: 50
Michael Eisner: 42
Bob Iger: 54
Bob Chapek: 60
Bob Iger: 72

So only 2 Disney CEOs have been under 50 - Roy Disney (who was a founder so that kind of doesn't count) and Eisner.

If D'Amaro got it, he'd be a year older than Iger was (assuming 2026). Walden would be the oldest CEO (sans Bob Iger for his second stint).
I have a feeling the next CEO won't have the job more than 5 years so age is less important in the short run

PuertoRekinSam

The bachelor but it's Bob Iger
I’ve been trying to figure out how the did the first season of “the Santa Clauses”. Bob came back between the first two episodes being dropped and # 3

Tim Allen Santa (Bob iger) feels he needs to retire
He interviews a lot of people who could be good at the job… but finds issues with all of them.
He then finds Kal Penn (Chapek) with a background that is more commercial based and says “this guy”

Kal Penn Santa then tries to make Christmas more transactional. It causes the magic to fall apart.

Tim Allen Santa then decides to unretire and come back and save it all.

I didn’t watch season 2, so I have no idea how this all ends.

BrianLo

since May 2020, the Parks division:
-fired 28,000 CMs
-Got rid of DME
-Instituted G+ and ILL, doing away with free Fastpass
-Instituted reservation system
-Instituted park-hopping restrictions
-substantially increased ticket prices
-substantially increased APs (when they’be chosen to sell them)
-substantially increased hotel rack rates
-built or started construction on very uninspiring hotels and DVCs

None of these things are ‘contemptuous’. Except for perhaps the firing of CMs, though we have it on reasonable authority this parks head didn’t take enjoyment from that move.

Thinking the product is beneath them is contempt. Thinking those who work for them have no value is contempt. Thinking a nondescript coaster is lesser than IP is contempt against imagineering originality.

Lacking contempt does not make one a great steward, which I think is the point you want to make. But a parks lead who doesn’t look down on his product or guests is actually not a given. In fact some people want another one (or two) let into the boardroom.

BrianLo

D'Amaro felt compelled to meet with existing CMs who were distraught during the massive layoff/ furlough during covid. He has a heart but as a CEO that makes these decisions and more, he's not cut out to be one.

That’s why I personally hope he sticks with his current position instead. This succession doesn’t turn into pushing him out in lieu of a CEO role (which I agree he isn’t really made out for).

There is meaningful work that could be done by someone who maintains the P&R position for longer than 5 years and has some power within the company. We’ve barely seen all our pasts ones stick around long enough to see the projects through that they approved.

Lilofan

That’s why I personally hope he sticks with his current position instead. This succession doesn’t turn into pushing him out in lieu of a CEO role (which I agree he isn’t really made out for).

There is meaningful work that could be done by someone who maintains the P&R position for longer than 5 years and has some power within the company. We’ve barely seen all our pasts ones stick around long enough to see the projects through that they approved.
Josh is a finance guy with Disney but his ops experience is VP of DAK and SVP of Resorts and Transportation. I'm sure he sees on the ground what cast go through and the magic they provide to us the guests.

Dranth

You're right. That is exactly what's going to happen. 🙄.
To be fair, there are a number of posters who keep acting like EU is the be all end all. I think most reasonable people recognize it will be a nice park that will help Universal. The debate comes in on how much impact it will have on Disney. Personally I think it will be interesting to watch how much it pulls from other parks vs. brings in new visitors as I think that will be the biggest factor in determining its impact.

EPCOT-O.G.

To be fair, there are a number of posters who keep acting like EU is the be all end all. I think most reasonable people recognize it will be a nice park that will help Universal. The debate comes in on how much impact it will have on Disney. Personally I think it will be interesting to watch how much it pulls from other parks vs. brings in new visitors as I think that will be the biggest factor in determining its impact.
It will help Universal.

It will hurt USF, DAK, and possibly DHS.

MK will be fine.

Jrb1979

I don't think Epic Universe is going to draw many new people to Orlando. Like the previous poster said it will affect DHS, AK and Studios parks.

To be honest, Disney is doing a good job of impacting their own parks on their own. Lots of availability for Easter is not a good look.

LSLS

It will help Universal.

It will hurt USF, DAK, and possibly DHS.

MK will be fine.

I tend to agree. I think right now, you see people go to Disney for a week, and maybe take a day or two for Universal. I think that script could flip with Epic where people take a week long vacation to Universal, with a day or two spent at a Disney park (Mk and then maybe one other).

I think the larger question both parks are going to grapple with is if they have upped their prices too far and priced out too many people. I will definitely hit universal with Epic once. But, I'm just not sure I'm willing to drop that price more than once. I can tell you price is 100% the reason I've only been to Universal twice in my life, and I have not started going there now that I've cut my Disney trips down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom