News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

rio

Never mind the fact that working with JKR could be seen as a liability now.
Harry Potter is an entire generation’s version of Star Wars, complete with a revisionist creator and a potentially toxically expanding “Expanding Universe”. As long as Universal is keeps to the core 7 stories they’ll be able to milk the franchise for another 50 years.

Vegas Disney Fan

Let's hope he learned a lesson running his mouth so much that he was forced to buy Twitter and lose billions in value shortly afterward.
I’m not sure he’s learned much from Twitter, he bought it at $54.20 a share, it’s currently at $53.70. Despite his actions it’s still doing fine on the market.

His net worth has also increased by about $85 Billion since he bought Twitter, as long as Tesla keeps booming he’s always going to have “stupid” money to do whatever he wants without having to worry about any consequences.

pdude81

I’m not sure he’s learned much from Twitter, he bought it at $54.20 a share, it’s currently at $53.70. Despite his actions it’s still doing fine on the market.

His net worth has also increased by about $85 Billion since he bought Twitter, as long as Tesla keeps booming he’s always going to have “stupid” money to do whatever he wants without having to worry about any consequences.
I believe that's the price as of October 2022 when it was taken private and delisted. He valued the company at about 19 billion when giving company stock options earlier this year (after purchasing for 44B), and that was before this blowup on advertising revenue which caused him to lash out ad DIS and other potential marketing partners.

He certainly has the "wealth" to do what he wants, but I'm not sure he wants to sell off billions in stock at Tesla or SpaceX to start messing around with Disney.

Vegas Disney Fan

I believe that's the price as of October 2022 when it was taken private and delisted. He valued the company at about 19 billion when giving company stock options earlier this year (after purchasing for 44B), and that was before this blowup on advertising revenue which caused him to lash out ad DIS and other potential marketing partners.

He certainly has the "wealth" to do what he wants, but I'm not sure he wants to sell off billions in stock at Tesla or SpaceX to start messing around with Disney.
Curse you google, why are they showing Twitter stock as if it’s today’s price? Thanks for the correction.

That said he still has “fu” money, which I think is why many people have a weird respect for him, I think many people dream of having fu money so they can quit their job, tell off a boss, buy whatever they want, etc… we love the idea of not being held captive by the constraints of money. It’s not so much we like Musk, but we like that he does and says what he wants without worrying about financial repercussions, something we’d like to do but can’t.

_caleb

Inside The Magic is reporting that one of the front runners to replace Iger is Co Chairman Dana Walden. She oversees Disney Entertainment.
I think Walden has been considered a front-runner since Iger's return. She ran Fox Television and now oversees Disney+/Hulu, Disney TV, and ABC entertainment & news.

Back in Sept., Forbes pointed out how of the 3 execs in the pipeline, each lacks some experience in key areas. Disney used to be a movie studio that also has theme parks, but recently seems to be operating more like a theme park company that also has movie studios. If D+ gets to profitability, I'd bet on Walden taking over after Iger. If not, D'Amaro might have a chance. If the whole thing falls apart, I'd think they would bring in an outsider.

Nland316

Inside The Magic is reporting that one of the front runners to replace Iger is Co Chairman Dana Walden. She oversees Disney Entertainment.
I actually am a little confused by the role split between Dana Walden and Alan Bergman.

Would Walden not share equal blame on recent box office bombs? If that’s the case, then I see that being pretty disqualifying as a front runner status.

_caleb

I actually am a little confused by the role split between Dana Walden and Alan Bergman.

Would Walden not share equal blame on recent box office bombs? If that’s the case, then I see that being pretty disqualifying as a front runner status.
Bergman seems to be getting more of the blame for box office flops, but I'd say overall the current org structure (built by Iger) isolates execs from blame for failures like that by putting the spotlight on division heads (Kathleen Kennedy, Kevin Feige, Pete Docter, etc.) or individual project leads (Charita Carter, Carmen Smith, etc.).

Disney Analyst

Knowing Inside The Magic, they probably stole that info from this years CNBC predictions article:

Executive 4: Iger will name Dana Walden his successor as Disney CEO​

If Iger does leave, he and the Disney board will need to name a successor. I reported in September that Iger plans to name a successor in early 2025 and give that person about 20 months to prepare for the role. If so, an announcement could come in late 2024. This executive predicted it will be Co-chairman of Disney Entertainment Dana Walden who gets the nod. Iger will again move to a chairman role when Walden takes over as CEO, just as he did with Bob Chapek in 2020.
A second person threw out a different name to keep an eye on: Andrew Wilson, the CEO of Electronic Arts. This may seem out of left field, but here’s some inside baseball for you — the same executive to mention Wilson correctly predicted Iger would return as Disney CEO in 2022. Then last year, the person said Chris Licht wouldn’t last the year as CNN’s CEO and McCarthy would depart as Disney’s CFO. Three for three! So, maybe pay attention.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

To be clear, ITM is parroting talking points from CNBC and other reputable outlets while likely not attributing their sources.

To be clear, the folks at ITM have gone off the deep end. Total click-bait, total drama, overly emotional, plagiarist, and oft downright wrong. Just reading the article in question shaved a few IQ points off of me with the wild leaps of ""logic"" they make based on... nothing.

There's a reason that ITM is one of the websites that won't link on these forums.

JoeCamel

To be clear, the folks at ITM have gone off the deep end. Total click-bait, total drama, overly emotional, plagiarist, and oft downright wrong. Just reading the article in question shaved a few IQ points off of me with the wild leaps of ""logic"" they make based on... nothing.

There's a reason that ITM is one of the websites that won't link on these forums.
You gave them a click?

Indy_UK

I didn’t realise how small Warner Discovery and Paramount were in value compared to Disney (of course Disney has the parks)

I can’t believe they are all needing to merge to survive these days mainly because of streaming and people not going to the cinema like they used to.

flyerjab

Knowing Inside The Magic, they probably stole that info from this years CNBC predictions article:

Interesting. I saw on a site we dare not name that a certain person believes the reigns are going to eventually be handed over to Staggs and Mayer after bringing them back as ESPN consultants. The thinking is that they would function as more of a duo akin to Eisner and Wells. The gossip about all of this will be fascinating to follow until it eventually happens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom