Votes: 29 46.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Yes, but not as a full park

Votes: 30 47.6%

• Total voters

DisneyGuyNYC

Original Poster
With all this discussion of new park ideas being tossed around (we're all bored with the lack of news lately, huh?) I though I'd write out the concept I've been thinking of all day. A lot of people don't seem convinced of it's merits... so after you skim it let me know of your criticisms and ideas!

Here's my idea for a Villians Park.

dcl820097LARGE.jpg

FantasmicDragon1-Disney.jpg

The park's icon is, instead of a Castle, Maleficent herself in Dragon form! The giant, LED lit dragon is sleeping but occasionally raises it's head, opens it's glittering eyes, an emits smoke. Surrounding it is the tracks for a partially underground coaster themed as the dragon chasing the Prince before his narrow escape. Inside this structure is also the Maleficent meet & greet.

Magic_mirror.jpg

Magic Mirror 3D show (Philharmagic) - A 3D show mixing comedy and frights through the world of different Disney Villains. Hosted by the Magic Mirror who shows us the sights and sounds of different villains performing their signature songs or mixed up in an adventure together.

lots-o-huggin-bear-1-9.jpg

Lotso Bear Shop - A gift shop of scary monsters made cuddly, such as Flotsam and Jetsam and Pain and Panic with a large Lotso the Bear outside smiling.

ursula_229.jpg

Ursula Coaster - A Coaster themed to appear as the tentacles of giant Ursula on the sea. Will take place near the lake which also houses Hook's ship. Possibly appears to "go underwater" though an underwater tunnel and splashes (but does not SOAK, think more mist) the riders.

MV5BMTk3OTk2ODY4M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjE1MDg4Mw@@._V1._SX640_SY427_.jpg

Jafar MAGIC stage show - Jafar takes center stage in a live magic act with his sidekick Iago. Jafar's tricks are formidable but Iago keeps messing them up! Jafar eventually, frustrated, transforms into his Genie self for a finale. He catches Iago and they both end up sucked into the lamp awaiting the next showtime.

disney-tangled-rapunzels-tower-wallpaper.jpg

Mother Gothel's Tower - A tower ride that straps you in and soars you up to unimaginable heights, before you plummet back down!

Wreck-It+Ralph+-+King+Candy.jpg

King Candy Race Track - Similar to Autopia but with an indoor candy theme! Watch that you don't GLITCH OUT! TURBO might show up!

2680717185_66cd0d58e5.jpg

Cruella's Puppy Escape - A fast paced ride! We board dalmatian themed cars and are chased at every turn by Cruella! We avoid her for the first half of the ride before she gets angry and the real show begins! We're sent through a feverish, over the top psychedelic journey of high fashion before escaping her clutches at last.

Underworld.jpg

Hades' Dark Ride - We board pegasus for a dark ride through the pits of the underworld. After travelling over a sea of dark souls we are given the sights and sound (and smells! sulfur, brimstone and smoke) of the underworld. We see the fates and are given our fortunes by them.

03thecards.jpg

Queen Of Hearts Wonderland Bumpers - A smaller but intensely themed ride. The queue is a hedge maze through a fantastic wonderland garden, complete with talking flowers and playing cards painting the roses red! On the other side is a bumper car race in card themed vehicles.

3392867260_96d103c76f.jpg

Ship Tour with Captain Hook - A walking tour of Captain hook's ship is interesting and pirate themed before being interrupted by the meddlesome Peter Pan... a slow but gradually getting louder ticking sound gives the audience a hint at the big finale...

6153825511_f40b07f502_z.jpg

Villains Meet & Greet - A meet and great inside a dark dungeon of rare villains and crooks without their own rides. Possible "character dinners" or "character drinking sessions" á la the Aventurer's Club.

DisneyVillainsStore1999.jpg

Old Crone's Restaurant - Sidle up for some potions and a hot meal! Just be sure you don't try the apple themed dessert...!

Dr_Facilier_by_Genisc.jpg

Dr. Facilier's Experience - The audience sits down for a performance by Dr. Facilier and his "friends from the other side." We are treated to a stage effects show and musical performance in the vein of The Little Mermaid show at DHS.

4119952_std.jpg

Yzma's Secret Lab Coaster - You pulled the wrong lever! Why does she even have that lever?! Cronk takes you on a hilarious entry ride through Yzma's secret lab but we learn her plan was to lure us there and turn us into Lamas! We try to escape and end up on a wild ride through different transformations (Rockin' Roller Coaster style effects of different animals) before she herself gets turned into a little kitten and we get away safely.

WildMouse01.jpg

Oh Ratigan! Mini-Coaster (Wild mouse) - A small "wild mouse" type coaster themed around being chased through oversized human items.

cinderella_bury_203x152.jpg

Lady Tremaine & The Stepsisters Beauty Salon - Similar to Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boutique but for grown ups. The ladies and their friends paint you up to look a little over the top and wicked...

ChernabogFloat.jpg

Chernobog's Fireworks Spectacular - At the end of the night Chernobog's silhouette rises up and our favorite villains appear as the music swells for a 15 minute firework spectacular! The finale has the dragon's head lifting and it breathing real fire!

What are your concepts?

Nmoody1

Id like to see a fantasyland type expansion featuring the villains... as much as I love the villains I dont think a whole park wod work. An elaborate land would vlbe cool - that said id want it to have a bit more substance than NFE!

DisneyGuyNYC

Original Poster
This is the official Villain Roster:

• Amos Slade (The Fox and the Hound)
  • Aunt Sarah & Si and Am (Lady and the Tramp)
  • Big Bad Wolf (Three Little Pigs)
  • Captain Hook (Peter Pan)
  • Chernabog (Fantasia)
  • Cruella de Vil (101 Dalmatians)
  • Claude Frollo (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)
  • Doctor Facilier (The Princess and the Frog)
  • Edgar Balthazar (The Aristocats)
  • Gaston (Beauty and the Beast)
  • Hades (Hercules)
  • Hopper (A Bug's Life)
  • Horned King (The Black Cauldron)
  • Jafar (Aladdin)
  • Kaa & Shere Khan (The Jungle Book)
  • Lady Tremaine & Stepsisters (Cinderella)
  • Madame Medusa (The Rescuers)
  • Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)
  • Madam Mim (The Sword in the Stone)
  • Mother Gothel (Tangled)
  • Percival C. McLeach (The Rescuers Down Under)
  • Peg Leg Pete (Mickey & Co.)
  • Prince John & Sir Hiss (Robin Hood)
  • Queen Grimhlide (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)
  • Queen of Hearts (Alice in Wonderland)
  • Governor Ratcliffe (Pocahontas)
  • Professor Ratigan (The Great Mouse Detective)
  • Scar (The Lion King)
  • Shan Yu (Mulan)
  • Sid Phillips (Toy Story)
  • Stromboli (Pinocchio)
  • Sykes (Oliver & Company)
  • Turbo/King Candy (Wreck-It-Ralph)
  • Ursula (The Little Mermaid)
  • Yzma (The Emperor's New Groove)

dopeylover

I think it would be great, but I agree not as a whole park. That would be a pretty huge gamble for Disney. You have to figure you're losing a significant amount of visitors to this park, as it would only be good for families with older children, teenagers, or adults on their own. So much of their money comes from families with small children (and yes I KNOW that is a huge problem/issue for a lot of people on here), they'd be losing a ton on food and merch in that park. A section of Fantasyland? Absolutely! But not a whole park.

DisneyGuyNYC

Original Poster
I think it would be great, but I agree not as a whole park. That would be a pretty huge gamble for Disney. You have to figure you're losing a significant amount of visitors to this park, as it would only be good for families with older children, teenagers, or adults on their own. So much of their money comes from families with small children (and yes I KNOW that is a huge problem/issue for a lot of people on here), they'd be losing a ton on food and merch in that park. A section of Fantasyland? Absolutely! But not a whole park.
My thinking is it would be able to attract a lot more adults and young adults to the park especially if they up the amount of thrill rides. With Pleasure Island closed they lose a ton of that business to Universal and CityWalk.

MonorailRed

Applebees
I wouldn't mind having a villains park, but I think in some way that the park guests should play the hero role somehow, for some balance.

I'd like to see an Elephant Graveyard ride or area from the Lion King, or a ride where your trying to escape or fight the Hydra from Hercules.

Instead of a dragon or a castle of some sort as the park icon, Bald Mountain sounds like a cool choice. It'd look menacing by day, and scary at night. You could even have a nighttime fireworks/projection show there, with Chernabog popping out at the end!

jdmdisney99

Ok then I'm against this idea now. Walt opened the parks for families and I do not want to see Disney change so drastically just to keep the Six Flags and IOA visitors happy.
Well the thinking is that it's a park for adults more than children. Lord knows Disney needs some thrills. Kind of like Disney's competitor with IOA.
I think they should be able to balance it out with villain characters.

DisneyGuyNYC

Original Poster
Ok then I'm against this idea now. Walt opened the parks for families and I do not want to see Disney change so drastically just to keep the Six Flags and IOA visitors happy.
I didn't say it needed to all be coasters... just that Disney could use a place to attract adults and creating something new (that maintains the creative spirit of Disney's storytelling) would be the way to compete without having to change the other park's focus or bring something children wouldn't enjoy as much into the sections that are meant to be completely child friendly.

I'm not suggesting a giant coaster you need to be 18 and taller that 5'5" to ride! Just a park that could combine the Space Mountain, Mission Space, and Tower of Terror level thrills (that aren't very young-kid-friendly and are already a part of Disney!) into one park.

I of course think the focus of the park should have us as the hero escaping the villains' plots or foiling them. That why if you read my rough story takes they all have us escaping or defeating the villain trying to get us in some sense.

God knows Disney doesn't need another dark ride or Princess meet & greet...

WED99

I didn't say it needed to all be coasters... just that Disney could use a place to attract adults and creating something new (that maintains the creative spirit of Disney's storytelling) would be the way to compete without having to change the other park's focus or bring something children wouldn't enjoy as much into the sections that are meant to be completely child friendly.

I'm not suggesting a giant coaster you need to be 18 and taller that 5'5" to ride! Just a park that could combine the Space Mountain, Mission Space, and Tower of Terror level thrills (that aren't very young-kid-friendly and are already a part of Disney!) into one park.

I of course think the focus of the park should have us as the hero escaping the villains' plots or foiling them. That why if you read my rough story takes they all have us escaping or defeating the villain trying to get us in some sense.

God knows Disney doesn't need another dark ride or Princess meet & greet...
It's not the coaster part that I was not happy about, it was the adult demographic you set. Disney is a family park. Why take characters from family movies and tease kids with them?

And Disney does need another dark ride, a lot more in fact.

DisneyGuyNYC

Original Poster
It's not the coaster part that I was not happy about, it was the adult demographic you set. Disney is a family park. Why take characters from family movies and tease kids with them?

And Disney does need another dark ride, a lot more in fact.
I don't think it's teasing kids so much as it's giving more of a sense of thrill and excitement. Celebrating the darker side of things. I don't think that necessarily needs to be scary - look at Haunted Mansion.

I don't think darker motifs necessarily mean they aren't "family." Every family I know celebrated Halloween and there are plenty of precedents in popular culture such as Ahh! Real Monsters, Frankenweenie, ParaNorman, Hotel Transylvania, the House of Mouse Villains special, Emily the Stange, Beetlejuice, The Nightmare Before Christmas, etc.

I don't think it's anymore alienating for kids than the Tower of Terror is?

It's just a way to facilitate a more well rounded story for the entire resort. It could be a place where those darker and more "thrilling" experiences have to blossom and come to fruition without it needed to leak into the other parts of the park.

Also, families consist of more than just young children. You don't constantly need to speak to the lowest common denominator in the parks. Just look at Space Mountain or Rockin Roller Coaster. Families come in many shapes. The current parks ignore a large portion of what makes up a family in pursuit of serving one demographic. That's the hole that Universal has been exploiting for years.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Just throwing some ideas out here..... Villain park wise...

You could do something along the lines of the size of a WDW Typhoon Lagoon (or a bit bigger) meets a Downtown disney like shopping atmosphere....Sort of a twist on the rumored Night Kingdom meets Villains Park meets Pleasure Island...Open from afternoon to late at night. It wouldn't necessarily be a full 5th gate. It'd be a must for adults and teens, but not a 'have to' type experience for the kids or the family. Plus, a Villain's park would be a cooler place to explore at night...

Or... on the other hand...You could do a full park...Not just only a villains park... you could totally go mixing two parks together...and make a Hero side and a Villain side.... Let the guests choose their adventure for the day.... Amazing show/fireworks at the end of the day... Clash of good and bad...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom