Votes: 29 46.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Yes, but not as a full park

Votes: 30 47.6%

• Total voters

DisneyGuyNYC

Original Poster
You could do something along the lines of the size of a WDW Typhoon Lagoon (or a bit bigger) meets a Downtown disney like shopping atmosphere....Sort of a twist on the rumored Night Kingdom meets Villains Park meets Pleasure Island...Open from afternoon to late at night. It wouldn't necessarily be a full 5th gate. It'd be a must for adults and teens, but not a 'have to' type experience for the kids or the family. Plus, a Villain's park would be a cooler place to explore at night...
I think it could still be a 5th gate but more in the style of Epcot and it's variety of experiences that Magic Kingdom's more traditional theme park atmosphere.
Or... on the other hand...You could do a full park...Not just only a villains park... you could totally go mixing two parks together...and make a Hero side and a Villain side.... Let the guests choose their adventure for the day.... Amazing show/fireworks at the end of the day... Clash of good and bad...
Yeah! And a different side wins each night with a different ending show... so you'll have to see it more than once!

WED99

I don't think it's teasing kids so much as it's giving more of a sense of thrill and excitement. Celebrating the darker side of things. I don't think that necessarily needs to be scary - look at Haunted Mansion.

I don't think darker motifs necessarily mean they aren't "family." Every family I know celebrated Halloween and there are plenty of precedents in popular culture such as Ahh! Real Monsters, Frankenweenie, ParaNorman, Hotel Transylvania, the House of Mouse Villains special, Emily the Stange, Beetlejuice, The Nightmare Before Christmas, etc.

I don't think it's anymore alienating for kids than the Tower of Terror is?

It's just a way to facilitate a more well rounded story for the entire resort. It could be a place where those darker and more "thrilling" experiences have to blossom and come to fruition without it needed to leak into the other parts of the park.

Also, families consist of more than just young children. You don't constantly need to speak to the lowest common denominator in the parks. Just look at Space Mountain or Rockin Roller Coaster. Families come in many shapes. The current parks ignore a large portion of what makes up a family in pursuit of serving one demographic. That's the hole that Universal has been exploiting for years.
I know darker things can be popular with kids too, but that's not why I said it was an adult park. I said that because that's how YOU described.

So make up your mind, is it a family or adult park?

ctxak98

I know darker things can be popular with kids too, but that's not why I said it was an adult park. I said that because that's how YOU described.

So make up your mind, is it a family or adult park?
Why does there have to be a distinction? I think themeparks need to have a blend. Disney Villains aren't that scary in general. SOME are even hilarious!

Each rollercoaster needs to have a story and be more like EE. It needs to stop and take breaks in between to have the DISNEY magic to it. I LOVE the idea of a Disney Villains Park. I think it would be tough to make but I also had the idea of maybe making a park dedicated to good vs. evil? so it balances that way too. Like have heros on one side and villains on the other. IDK just a thought

WED99

Why does there have to be a distinction? I think themeparks need to have a blend. Disney Villains aren't that scary in general. SOME are even hilarious!

Each rollercoaster needs to have a story and be more like EE. It needs to stop and take breaks in between to have the DISNEY magic to it. I LOVE the idea of a Disney Villains Park. I think it would be tough to make but I also had the idea of maybe making a park dedicated to good vs. evil? so it balances that way too. Like have heros on one side and villains on the other. IDK just a thought
Why you telling me this? I am the one saying it. You think there should be a blend of thrill ands kids, right so that's a family park.

How did it get turned on me?

mm121

love this idea.. especially the half heros half villans idea someone mentioned.. and have some kind of a show where one side wins each night, but not tell people whos going to win do it randomly..

Id like to see a fantasyland type expansion featuring the villains... as much as I love the villains I dont think a whole park wod work. An elaborate land would vlbe cool - that said id want it to have a bit more substance than NFE!
i'd love to see villans, but to justify a whole park would be a stretch.. and may alienete those that would wish to partake in parts of it but may have kids so not able to take part in all of it.
Where would it fit?
if done as a land of fantasy land, i've got an idea..
in my other dreaming thread i showed building fantasy land back further, though this could now become villans land.

it was brought to my attention that this is the fireworks area, causing the necessity to close any attractions early.. but this could be negated by building the whole thing indoors. do the walkways like a big indoor space, themed of course.. this would also enable the area to be "darker" than being fully outside in the sun during the daytime.

i re did part of my drawing roughly, allowing a safety lake in case of a super serious explosion or something.. and then do a green roof with a sprinker system.. and plan to water the plants during the fireworks shows.. and then no fire!!
villans-jpg.50290

I think it would be great, but I agree not as a whole park. That would be a pretty huge gamble for Disney. You have to figure you're losing a significant amount of visitors to this park, as it would only be good for families with older children, teenagers, or adults on their own. So much of their money comes from families with small children (and yes I KNOW that is a huge problem/issue for a lot of people on here), they'd be losing a ton on food and merch in that park. A section of Fantasyland? Absolutely! But not a whole park.
a whole park would be stretching it i believe. and your totally correct about the risk factor for opening a completely new gate that possibly wouldn't appeal to all.
Just throwing some ideas out here..... Villain park wise...

You could do something along the lines of the size of a WDW Typhoon Lagoon (or a bit bigger) meets a Downtown disney like shopping atmosphere....Sort of a twist on the rumored Night Kingdom meets Villains Park meets Pleasure Island...Open from afternoon to late at night. It wouldn't necessarily be a full 5th gate. It'd be a must for adults and teens, but not a 'have to' type experience for the kids or the family. Plus, a Villain's park would be a cooler place to explore at night...

Or... on the other hand...You could do a full park...Not just only a villains park... you could totally go mixing two parks together...and make a Hero side and a Villain side.... Let the guests choose their adventure for the day.... Amazing show/fireworks at the end of the day... Clash of good and bad...
not a bad idea to do a smaller park.. i know thats what the orginal night kingdom plan was.. to do a smaller more personalized experience similar to discovery cove at seaworld

i'm not sure how villan like the park would be though if t was still outside, as in the summer its still light out till 8.9 at night. thus my idea to do it completely / mostly indoors.

please dont have the focus be on SHOPPING!!!

I think it could still be a 5th gate but more in the style of Epcot and it's variety of experiences that Magic Kingdom's more traditional theme park atmosphere.

Yeah! And a different side wins each night with a different ending show... so you'll have to see it more than once!
i like the heros villans idea.. and not have people know whos going to win..
But MK needs capacity. Replacing one ride with another doesn't do much. Replacing a show with a ride does though.

this would definitely be a way to add much needed capacity. so many awesome ride ideas.

Attachments

• villans.jpg
    villans.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 173

spacemt354

Chili's
I wouldn't mind having a villains park, but I think in some way that the park guests should play the hero role somehow, for some balance.

I'd like to see an Elephant Graveyard ride or area from the Lion King, or a ride where your trying to escape or fight the Hydra from Hercules.

Instead of a dragon or a castle of some sort as the park icon, Bald Mountain sounds like a cool choice. It'd look menacing by day, and scary at night. You could even have a nighttime fireworks/projection show there, with Chernabog popping out at the end!
A Hero vs Villain Park? I like it!

Some others to consider (since 2013)
Moana-Shiny-Tamatoa.jpg

:p

Also this may be your first post on the site so #throwbackthursday

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom