The Universal Rumors thread

JustinSt

So I heard a very interesting rumor from someone important that Disney and James cameron have parted way due to creative difference, and has in fact now starting to work with universal for avatar.

HTF

Call me a cynic, but I really don't see how a project of that size would fit in the proposed space given. And what would this mean for a possible JP expansion?

Your a cynic... Done, and while it may be hard to see so was Transformers in the middle of the Studios. Don't you think I've already looked at the simple stuff before eating crow and sticking my neck out there on this one??

JT3000

Your a cynic... Done, and while it may be hard to see so was Transformers in the middle of the Studios.

Not really. It was pretty obvious once the soundstage was down that it could fit, albiet with a smaller footprint than Hollywood's version. Especially since sightlines aren't a big concern in that area. With this project, the logistics don't really jibe with your "massive" descriptions at all. Unless there's something you're not telling us.

scoobygirl39541

Happy for Kong, but a little sad that yet another franchise is inching dangerously close to JP. It's bad enough the potter castle is practically in the JP gates >.> Just so the JP expansion is still a go, I can (somewhat) overlook this :)

BryceM

Happy for Kong, but a little sad that yet another franchise is inching dangerously close to JP. It's bad enough the potter castle is practically in the JP gates >.> Just so the JP expansion is still a go, I can (somewhat) overlook this :)
If they could just move the JP gates back a little but further, then the Hogwarts issue would be fixed. Gah. I wish they would.

HTF

Not really. It was pretty obvious once the soundstage was down that it could fit, albiet with a smaller footprint than Hollywood's version. Especially since sightlines aren't a big concern in that area. With this project, the logistics don't really jibe with your "massive" descriptions at all. Unless there's something you're not telling us.

Ahhh see now your talking...I'm keeping my ace in the hole very close to the chest on this one.

lazyboy97o

So is Skull Island going to be separate from Jurassic Park or part of the land? Not really keen on Kong being shoved somewhere because the areas would look sort of similar. That's the sort of crap "theming" that has become Disney's trademark. Universal themselves still don't seem to be committed to a Rowling level of seriousness when it comes to themed entertainment.

djlaosc

Ahhh see now your talking...I'm keeping my ace in the hole very close to the chest on this one.

Which expansion pad is Cabana Bay going on? The one behind Jurassic Park, or the one behind Toon Lagoon?

If it's the one behind Toon Lagoon, is there a chance that Skull Island travels over Hollywood Way?

Hockeyman

Which expansion pad is Cabana Bay going on? The one behind Jurassic Park, or the one behind Toon Lagoon?

If it's the one behind Toon Lagoon, is there a chance that Skull Island travels over Hollywood Way?

Cabana Bay is going in the plot right behind Thunder Falls and the plot Kong is rumored for. No way for it to cross street with the hotel being built

cheezbat

Oh crap...something else being removed in that area??? hmm...
I'm thinking Thunder Falls Terrace. Would make the most sense to close it.

Personally, I'd rather Universal waits on Kong...build up the new KidZone first, demo Rockit and Twister and put Kong in Twisters spot heading back towards the soundstages and the Hogwarts Express track. That way Kong is back in New York where he belongs...and IOA not only still has that nice expansion pad for something cool, but also keeps it basically themed to literature.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I'm thinking Thunder Falls Terrace. Would make the most sense to close it.

Personally, I'd rather Universal waits on Kong...build up the new KidZone first, demo Rockit and Twister and put Kong in Twisters spot heading back towards the soundstages and the Hogwarts Express track. That way Kong is back in New York where he belongs...and IOA not only still has that nice expansion pad for something cool, but also keeps it basically themed to literature.

Well I was already thinking Thunder Falls terrace as it had been discussed at length on the OU boards.

I was thinking something else.

BrianLo

What about Dudley getting the axe? It would piecemeal the needed Toon Lagoon makeover while providing some extra space for Skull island.

Also I'll ask it again here because I am still not 100% clear - is the mine train also happening?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom