The Universal Rumors thread

mahnamahna101

Because *Earthquake* was the original and better. Plus there is no movie based of Disaster. IF you are going to be a studios, may as well have an attraction that attracts people outside the theme park. (Movies, Cartoons, Shows, Books, etc.) That's why it should be replaced. IMHO

There's bigger fish to fry at Universal Orlando before they worry about the Godzilla overlay for Disaster ;) (not an insider btw! lol):

In the Studios -
the entire front entrance - this needs to be fixed ASAP

Shrek 4D - it's a massive peopleeater but once the crowds die down for Potter and they've upgraded Twister and T2... they came in like a wrecking ball!
Lucy - A Tribute - this is a very nice museum but it'll be redundant once the Gardens of Allah one opens... relocate most of the memorabilia to Gardens of Allah and perhaps turn La Bamba into a Hollywood Canteen with Marilyn, Lucy, Bogart, Sinatra and other classic stars entertain you through special technology

With the space from those two attractions, build a nice family friendly, two-level Omnimover taking guests on a journey through some of Universal's greatest films, narrated by Morgan Freeman of course.

Films included could be:
scene for All Quiet on the Western Front (with brief early history included)
scene for the Universal Monsters
scene for To Kill a Mockingbird
scene for Earthquake
scene for Jaws
scene for Animal House (toga)
scene for Blues Brothers (car chase)
scene for E.T. (iconic bike scene)
scene for Back to the Future (Marty McFly goes back to the future)
scene for Fast and the Furious ("speed up" during this point)
scene for Les Miserables
finale/closing showing all of their greatest films

The attraction would be annexed into Hollywood, leaving Production Central as... Super Silly Fun Land.

The front plaza would remain Production Central but once you get to Despicable Me, it's colorful until you reach New York (Transformers will be officially inducted into New York)

Blue Man Group could be demoed since it gets lackluster sales anyway... annex its spot back into USF, allowing for a full scale SSFL! A mini-chairswing, carousel, and Minion fun house dark ride would be included as part of the fun and it could be worked into the Seuss skyline to hide some of the soundstages.

Twister, T2, Mummy and MIB all need upgrades - MIB should get a Tokyo overlay to allow the Tokyo idea to come to fruitation

KidZone - it's getting a revamp obviously

The MIB/Springfield plot - this would hold the rumored Tokyo land or possibly sci-fi.

Disaster is a mildly enjoyable, harmless attraction with no IP so I'd rather see the rest of the park get enhancements before they worry about replacing Disaster

SirLink

So Kidzone potentially being turned into Petz-meets-Toy Story film( aka that new Illumination Entertainment film about the hidden world of Pets) land with maybe Flanimals added for good measure?

mahnamahna101

So Kidzone potentially being turned into Petz-meets-Toy Story film( aka that new Illumination Entertainment film about the hidden world of Pets) land with maybe Flanimals added for good measure?

From what the folks at Orlando United are saying, it's properties that have been around a long time but have been recently rebooted :) I can't see them being as excited as they were over properties not even in theaters yet!

Jrn14

I don't know. ..I don't really care about the actual ride portion so much...The first 3 rooms are great. ..The movie making part is a blast

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The RV is what looked run down. Screens were not all functional and had different brightness's etc.
Screens looking how you described is bad show.

The RV is likely to be replaced. Its a complex mobile motion base, a one of a kind, that's still the chassis and major parts from 1990. And its on its last legs.

Jeffxz

I'm not sure.

Whylightbulb has referred to 340 as Kong.

340 is greenlit and rolling along and only slightly behind schedule. Glad you are back!
By the way I'm not sure where all this talk of major problems at Gringotts and HE is coming from but other than the predictable issues encountered on any new ride system as well as the many stupid delays caused by putting kids straight out of school in charge of entire scopes with very little supervision i haven't seen anything yet that will delay opening by months.

This was in response to WDW1974 saying he hadn't heard any updates on Kong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom