The Surprise! We're going to Disney. Here's a cookie, now get in the car. TR + A One Day bonus?

Hello All!

Avid reader, who had to take a break for a few months due to a self imposed 'Disney break.' But now I'm back and lurking more than ever! :D Here's the most recent photo of my family. I'd say it sums us up quite nicely:
546866_10200091107905686_2035552747_n.jpg

Ha! :D
I am so excited for another year of WDW and all the fun that comes with traveling to the World. From May of 2011 to May of 2012, we had an unexpected 'year of Disney' due to some planned and some unforeseen circumstances. When we walked out of the gates of AK in December of 2010, we fully expected not to set foot in a park again until February of 2012. But there were other forces at work that led to us purchasing our first ever AP's on May 1, 2011. It turns out I'm one of the luckiest ducks out there because - after doing the math (over and over and over- Man! Disney makes those numbers tricky!) - we were able to purchase our second set of AP's last month. We had an additional trip planned for September of this year already, so once we did the math, it made more financial sense to invest in an AP, rather than buy tickets for both trips separately.

Anywho :) - this AP purchase wasn't planned either - we had no idea 8 months ago that this was coming! As I said, we were taking our 'Disney break.' We were making the most of it too! This summer we saw so many cool things - including driving Route 66 (or what's left of it?) from Chicago to St. Louis:
561180_4316166507583_640044858_n.jpg

(one day we hope to pick up where we left off and head to Disneyland! I guess some people would tell you Route 66 leads to LA, but we Disney lovers know better right? :D)

It was around 8 months ago that some of our dearest friends mentioned they were going to take a trip to WDW. "Hmmmmm......" we thought. If there's one thing we've learned - Disney is always twice the fun with friends! Was there really any way we could let them go without us? We might die of jealousy - Ha! :D When we learned their parents (who were traveling with them) would be departing mid way through the trip, we knew it was 'meant' to be!

Now - we decided to keep the trip a surprise from the kids because - as always- you have to be sure the money all lines up. This particular trip was due to be paid off December 22 - not the best timing? Since we had kept the secret until December, we decided - why not just keep the secret a little longer and surprise the kids?! So that's what we did!

We were able to take advantage of the Stay, Play & Dine package, saving us enough to cover the cost tickets to fly into MCO. It was a super short trip, so it seemed to make the most sense to fly!

On the morning of the trip, the kids woke up to find this box:
DSC_0308.jpg

wrapped up in another box and tied with a big red bow. (Sorry no picture of the big box - I was running around like crazy getting ready the night before! - just imagine the Mickey wrapping paper - ok? :)

My husband and I woke up first and woke the kids up, telling them "Someone left a surprise for you in the kitchen!" They unwrapped the box to find this message inside:

DSC_0309.jpg

And of course, the box was filled with those fabulous cookies made by a sweet friend. Aren't they amazing?!
DSC_0313.jpg

After all the jumping around and excitement, we really did say, "Here's a cookie, now get in the car!" We had no time to waste. We had to get to the airport to catch an early flight.

erstwo

Original Poster
Erin! Welcome back! I was so excited to see your report!
Those cookies are beyond adorable. And how awesome that you pulled off the surprise!
Your son was so sweet to dance with Cinderella! I loved that!
Frontierland CM did look rather charming! :D
You hit the character jackpot!!

Thank you! It was a fun to surprise the kids - even if they'd been to WDW before it was the 'I thought I'd be in school every day this week' element that made the trip extra special (well, that and the fact they got to spend time in WDW with some of their best friends! :))
It was so sweet.
I know! We saw him *again* in the 3 oclock parade in one of those 1970's leisure suit dancer outfit things. :D Those folks work hard.
I did! I know they were out for the 'limited time magic' but I didn't know they would remain out, I was excited. I thought it was a great idea on Disney's part.

My goodness between staying in Pop and starting your MK day with the Brew did we take the same exact trip? LOL!

I love the pictures of your daughter with Horace and Clarabel. SO sweet!

Maybe so! :D Thank you so much! It was so fun to see them. I'd only seen them in parades before this.

lol how weird same guy.. different costume!

What's funny is, I didn't recognize him in Frontierland - I recognized him when we saw him for a third time - in the 3 oclock parade - because he had his hair combed over like the night before. It wasn't until I looked at my photos later that I realized we had seen him 3 times! Ha!

OMG The story about your son dancing with Cinderella..how incredible is that! You had me pretty much in tears. I am such a sap. But you raised him right, even if he used up all his manners. LOL But what great manners.

And I agree with the allergies, both my son and I have them. And when they brought him out special ice cream, that he could enjoy=it was all I needed..he just kept thanking the waitress. It made me cry!!!

The pictures are fabulous, and I am glad you were able to live in the moment. Sometimes I think a lot of us get wrapped up in the trying to take as many photos as possible that we forget there are more important things then getting the absolutely perfect shot.

It was so sweet!

That allergy-free food thing gets me every time, especially when it's a kid who is so appreciative of the opportunity to have a special dessert.

Thank you - I must confess all the fabulous ones are Photopass. Our sweet friends got the Photopass Plus and gave us all the photos of our kids - so awesome! They really loved that Photopass Plus. I really did enjoy just living in the moment. Even if I can't remember every second of the trip, I still remember how fun it was to be there!

Excellent report so far - and I love the cookie idea! I need to file that one away in my head for use on a future trip!!

Sounds like you had a blast...looking forward to the rest!

Thank you! Feel free to file away! We did have such a great time! Much more to come!

Loving The T.r.!!!

Thank you! Much more to come this afternoon. I have to finish packing and then I'll (hopefully) be typing away this afternoon/ evening.

Pooh'sBuddy

Oh, my goodness! I'm reading your report, and I'm thinking that we share the same mindset - the carpets need to be constantly cleaned, the waking up early, the precious sanity time and picking the slowest lines! Lovin' it!

HopLow

Yay! Welcome back to the boards!!

That's so cute how you surprised the kids with the trip! And I agree with everyone else - those cookies look awesome!

Can I just say, I LOVE this dress and I love even more that your kiddo is doing the "princess curtsy." How adorable!!

tiaragirl

She is working that dress (and a bow)! I love your pictures :)

I'm going to remember what you said about having a picture in the same place every trip.. we didn't do that, either, but it's a great idea!

erstwo

Original Poster
Oh, my goodness! I'm reading your report, and I'm thinking that we share the same mindset - the carpets need to be constantly cleaned, the waking up early, the precious sanity time and picking the slowest lines! Lovin' it!

Well, great minds think alike, right? :D

Yay! Welcome back to the boards!!

That's so cute how you surprised the kids with the trip! And I agree with everyone else - those cookies look awesome!

Can I just say, I LOVE this dress and I love even more that your kiddo is doing the "princess curtsy." How adorable!!

Thank you!

My daughter loves that dress too. About this time last year she started playing 'wedding' pretty often. She literally wore out her hand me down, dress up wedding dress. So when I saw this one on sale, I knew I had to buy it for her. She loves to imitate the princess poses!

She is working that dress (and a bow)! I love your pictures :)

I'm going to remember what you said about having a picture in the same place every trip.. we didn't do that, either, but it's a great idea!

She did look really cute in that dress!

I really wish I had thought of it sooner. It has been over 4 years since our first trip - they have grown so much. It would be neat to compare.

That is a gorgeous shot!! I hope you crop that and make it a big print for your home!

She has a print with Chip and Dale from our last trip hanging on a board in her room, but we always buy the autograph books with the place for the photo beside the autograph and I'm going to print it out and put it in there! She loves to look at those books over and over.

erstwo

Original Poster
Okay - another aside. I try not to post photos of other people (especially other people's children) on the internet. It's a big, sometimes scary place and even with their permission, I still feel weird about doing it. So with that said, there may be some side shots/ shots from behind/ ect. of my friends and their children, but probably no straight on shots. So it's not that they're camera shy or anything. It's just that those are the photos I selected. Okay? Okay. Moving on to the most important part......:D

So, I'm not even sure how it happened or when it happened, but at some point my husband and I switched kids and I somehow ended up riding BTMRR at least twice in a row with my son. It was walk on and when we were about to walk in the front for a third ride, our friends caught up with us and we were about to ride on our first ride together! Yay!

My friends have 3 sweet boys, who I love like they were my own. As we walked through the queue it became evident that their middle child did NOT want to ride on BTMRR. Since I had ridden it twice in a row, I took him across the platform and we waited while everyone else rode:
IMG_3503.jpg

So fun! I have nothing but good things to say about the refurb and the new queue additions.

While we were onBTMRR, my daughter had ridden the carousel with my husband. For some reason (mabye they all rode again?) I ended up outside Pecos Bills with my daughter waiting for everyone else. It was a nice snack time. Just one of those times you're happy to be in WDW:
IMG_3504.jpg

And then the dads took the big boys (probably to SM? Maybe?)
(that's my husband in the front - eyes closed on purpose. Those aren't our friends in the back, obviously I need to add - I guess I have no problem posting photos of total strangers, just my friends. Ha! :D)
44300360256.jpg

and we moms took the littles to Fantasyland. Where was (at least?) visited Philharmagic:
778710_10200169385733247_1064214987_o.jpg

Sweet friends

IMG_3505.jpg

erstwo

Original Poster
Well, phooey. Photobucket problems and too little time to fix them. :( That's all for now,:( but more later! :D

HollyBelle

Loving your report and all the great character interactions. Chip and Dale and your twirling princess is pretty spectacular! Seriously, Erin, you have the cutest kids.

erstwo

Original Poster
Going to respond to the posts, promise, but just have time for a quick update...

After Philharmagic, I think we visited another Fantasyland attraction, but can't remember which one? Before heading back into New Fantasyland to Voyage of LM!!! Yay!!!! I was so excited. We fastpassed this time, so I didn't get to see much of the queue, but what I did see was great!
DSC_0388-1.jpg

DSC_0392.jpg

Loved the ride. Loved it. If Disney were to every ask me, "Erin, what would you do to improve this ride?" I'd tell them I'd love to see less of the ceiling and something different on the floor/ track (although I did think the rubber track was pretty awesome - it's my OCD cleanliness thing again. :) But since they aren't going to ask me......... I"m going to say - just a great example of a classic Disney ride. I'm glad it's there!

I can't remember if we did Pirates or Parade first, but regardless..... :D

DSC_0393.jpg

IMG_3510.jpg

It was a great parade as always. A little different from last February I think?

We saw lots of characters. Always a hit with our kids!

IMG_3513.jpg

IMG_3517.jpg

IMG_3519.jpg

On our way out of the park to head to DHS for dinner, we stopped to get some Photopass photos. I decided I wanted one on my camera for Facebook, so my friend's husband was going to take the photo and this is what I got......
IMG_3520.jpg

Nice. Thanks for the photobomb honey. :D

erstwo

Original Poster
Hoping I'll be able to update later, but might not be able to until next week sometime. Headed back to Epcot for Flower and Garden soon! I'll leave you with my favorite Flower and Garden shot - taken last year - it was too cute to pass up.

Pink Bow Girls:

DSC_0261.jpg

erstwo

Original Poster
Okay - waiting on laundry! Time for another post......

So after the photobomb. (Thanks again Honey. :D) We hopped a bus to DHS and were shortly through the gates!

IMG_3525.jpg

It was a beautiful evening in DHS!

The husbands and the big boys headed straight for RnR and we headed with the littles to TSMM:
DSC_0394.jpg

DSC_0395.jpg

Except, once we were in line, it became evident that the 'littles' weren't going to survive the 60 plus minute line and then (I think?) someone said they had to go to the bathroom, so we exited the queue and headed?????? (I have no idea what we did?) I am 99.9% sure this is when we say VoLM. :D

We got a text that the big boys were off of RnR and we headed to our dinner reservations at:

DSC_0396.jpg

A first! for this Disney loving family. We were excited to experience it with our friends for the first time. We had a great waitress!

DSC_0398.jpg

DSC_0399.jpg

Overall, I thought 50's was great. The dinner entrees were decent. I had the chicken pot pie, which had a great fluffy crust, but it wasn't 'to die for.' It was just a good solid meal. What made this place great were the desserts! The atmosphere! And our Waitress! :D We do have a pic with our waitress, but it has all the kids in it sooooo........

The park was closed when we finished dinner ( 7 pm? What? :eek:)

So we headed back to Pop to find Mousekeeping had visited:

IMG_3526.jpg

(I think the Mousekeeper had mistakenly separated Chip and Dale. My daughter had to correct this immediately. Ha!)

After a great night's sleep, I was up before dawn again!

IMG_3533.jpg

I decided to head right over Generation Gap Bridge to visit Art of Animation for Breakfast!

IMG_3532.jpg

I was sad to see their food court wasn't really fully open yet, so I settled for some cereal from the cereal bar:
IMG_3534.jpg

The sun was coming up as I left to head back to the room. It was going to be a great day at Epcot!

IMG_3535.jpg

erstwo

Original Poster
Loving your report and all the great character interactions. Chip and Dale and your twirling princess is pretty spectacular! Seriously, Erin, you have the cutest kids.

Thank you for reading! Thank you! That shot was totally the Photopass guy. I've had my camera for 6 or so years (making it antiquated in the camera world - still haven't read the manual. Ha! One day, I'll upgrade and then I'll *probably* learn how to use a DSLR. Probably. :)) That is very sweet of you, but that little man of yours is totally adorable too!

I love your trip report! You have a beautiful family...I am looking forward to reading more!

Thank you so much - to all of them! :D More to come!

^^^^^Totally adorable!!!^^^^^^^^
Thank you! It really was such a fun shot. I had to have it - I'm glad she cooperated! :D

erstwo

Original Poster
Now. We, the "moms" of the group had worked out matching shirts for the boys. Probably the one I was most excited about was the one we planned to wear at DHS - Star Wars (either R2D2 or C3PO, I'm not sure which one - the small white and blue guy!) It was the only shirt that my daughter had a coordinating tshirt to wear with them! I was pumped. Sadly, we planned to go to Epcot on Thursday and DHS on Friday. But the forecast for Friday was COLD, which would never work with short sleeved tshirts, so we decided to wear them on Thursday to Epcot. It was still fun, and slightly? fit in with the Future World theme? (At least that's what I told myself!)

First thing when we walked in the gates, the dads ran for Soarin and/ or Test Track and we stopped for character pictures. Especially Daisy. My friend had the great idea of bringing a photo mat and having the characters sign it and they were 'missing' Daisy.

But we had to take Goofy plush to meet 'real' Goofy first. ;)

IMG_3537.jpg

And then we met Daisy! My daughter's shirt has the droid and Princess Leia and says "I'd rather kiss a Wookie" which was really popular with several people we met in the parks that day!
44300360301.jpg

heatherkatheleen

Your kids are PRECIOUS! The photos are fantastic (especially the ones with Cindy & the gang). I have to say I got a little choked up looking at the pics of the kids the morning of the flight & on the plane to Florida... Reminds me soooo much of myself as a kid, and what it felt like the morning of vacay. Brought back lots of amazing memories! (PS- BEST. COOKIES. EVER!) @erstwo

diddy_mouse

You can definitely tell that your kids are happy to be going to WDW, but who wouldn't be? :D Especially with an awesome surprise like that!

Your daughter's Cinderella dress is adorable and she's definitely got the princess vibe down. Too cute! And speaking of Cinderella....loved the pics of your son dancing with her.

Great stuff so far....can't wait to read about Epcot!

erstwo

Original Poster
Your kids are PRECIOUS! The photos are fantastic (especially the ones with Cindy & the gang). I have to say I got a little choked up looking at the pics of the kids the morning of the flight & on the plane to Florida... Reminds me soooo much of myself as a kid, and what it felt like the morning of vacay. Brought back lots of amazing memories! (PS- BEST. COOKIES. EVER!) @erstwo

Thank you! It was such an exciting morning, even for me! They were awesome cookies - my friend did a great job with them.

You can definitely tell that your kids are happy to be going to WDW, but who wouldn't be? :D Especially with an awesome surprise like that!

Your daughter's Cinderella dress is adorable and she's definitely got the princess vibe down. Too cute! And speaking of Cinderella....loved the pics of your son dancing with her.

Great stuff so far....can't wait to read about Epcot!

Thank you! And yes, she knows the princess routine that is for sure! More to come! Just need to get to the computer (vs my phone ha! :)

Loving the TR so far!! Your story about your son with Cinderella is precious.

Thank you - on all accounts! And thank you for reading!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom