Trip Report The Story Comes ALIVE! *COMPLETED*

Hello again, my friends.

For nearly a decade it has been such a joy for me to write about 50 (yes, 50!) different trips that I have taken to WDW - including one that was virtual. ;)

The reason? You, the reader.

I don’t do trip reports for my own documentation. I have journals for that. I write because I love interacting with y’all. Your encouragement, humor, curiosity and even snark (*ahem* @amjt660) assure me that I am not alone in my crazy affection for Disney parks. A big thanks to each of you!

I am very fortunate to be a frequent visitor to WDW (despite what @Mr Ferret 88 believes, I do not live there!) and am entering a season of monthly visits. Trip reporting is time consuming (as those of you who’ve written can attest) but I’m not ready to completely give it up - yet.

What I’d like to do is keep this as an ongoing TR for the rest of 2023. It will be highlights and moments, with live posting as the goal. My story coming alive, so to speak.

First up is spring break with my favorite girl.

AA48F088-9593-431D-9863-5A1CC9431BEF.jpeg

Followed closely by a getaway with my favorite guy.

22534EF9-828F-43F6-A922-359B962CEC72.jpeg

There will be Magician meets. New experiences. And (as always) the unexpected.

I hope you’ll join the fun!

Sillysidewalker

@Tuvalu your trips have meant so much to me! When my mom had a stroke in 2018 I spent so many days at the hospital and your reports were a lifeline to a happier place. Getting to meet your family virtually and absorb your park wisdom has been an absolute pleasure. Thank you for all the years of smiles. If you're in the parks for Spring break or an August trip we would love a Tuvalu card.

Thank you for the memories!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
@Tuvalu your trips have meant so much to me! When my mom had a stroke in 2018 I spent so many days at the hospital and your reports were a lifeline to a happier place. Getting to meet your family virtually and absorb your park wisdom has been an absolute pleasure. Thank you for all the years of smiles. If you're in the parks for Spring break or an August trip we would love a Tuvalu card.

Thank you for the memories!
Likewise on getting to know your family (virtually) as well! Hope you are able to finish your report from the twins’ 10th birthday celebration. We all want to see how it ends. :happy:

Speaking of twins…..

#StrongerTogether
IMG_1579.jpeg

If you’re in the World the first week of April or the third week of August, there’ll be a Tuvalu card waiting for you. 🤞

dizfan917

oh no. I will miss your reports. They were always enlightening, entertaining and SO MUCH FUN! Meeting you and Em completely randomly in The Land was something I'll never forget. Maybe I'll bump into you again some time.

Thanks for all the good times and insight. If you're ever in WI, let's meet and eat CHEESE! 🧀🍷🐮 ❤️

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
So I missed the retirement announcement. 😢

@Tuvalu I don't think I can say anything that hasn’t been said already here. From the bottom of my heart, a great big thank you. Whenever I needed that spark of Disney magic, you were there with a TR. It was like a warm blanket on a cold day.

I hope to see you around the parks some day if the fates will let us.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
oh no. I will miss your reports. They were always enlightening, entertaining and SO MUCH FUN! Meeting you and Em completely randomly in The Land was something I'll never forget. Maybe I'll bump into you again some time.

Thanks for all the good times and insight. If you're ever in WI, let's meet and eat CHEESE! 🧀🍷🐮 ❤️
I'll never forget meeting you guys either! And I hope one day to finally get that drink. ;)

So I missed the retirement announcement. 😢

@Tuvalu I don't think I can say anything that hasn’t been said already here. From the bottom of my heart, a great big thank you. Whenever I needed that spark of Disney magic, you were there with a TR. It was like a warm blanket on a cold day.

I hope to see you around the parks some day if the fates will let us.

giphy-downsized-large.gif
Please let me know the dates of your next trip! I'd like to thank you too.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Nooooooo!!! Awww I'm so sad, but I get it. Enjoy your "retirement". I do hope one day we will get to meet. Thank you for all the wonderful stories and so much insight and Disney wisdom! I have always loved reading your adventures with Em and Woody. You are one of a kind @Tuvalu !! ♥️
You are very sweet, my friend. I love reading about your family’s adventures too (many times you’ve hit my funny bone!) and also hope we can meet up in the World. (Especially now that you are passholders. 😉)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I logged in to say hey, and I ended up here.
🥺
Tuvalu, so many years ago you answered my questions. I met you first. I loved you and Woody so much. You were our favorite.

View attachment 757327View attachment 757328
View attachment 757337

View attachment 757333View attachment 757333
I am still here, View attachment 757335View attachment 757334View attachment 757336
So good to see you again, Sheila. :happy: Thanks for the walk down Memory Lane! That was such a fun gathering that I reflect on often.

^^^^ just a bit busy! She is one!!! And walking everywhere. Her hair? I love it. I will miss your reports Tuvalu! 😘
She’s a beauty! What is your grandkid count now? And when will we see a @DisneyGigi TR? Surely you aren’t spending all your time at the beach. 😉

DisneyGigi

So good to see you again, Sheila. :happy: Thanks for the walk down Memory Lane! That was such a fun gathering that I reflect on often.

She’s a beauty! What is your grandkid count now? And when will we see a @DisneyGigi TR? Surely you aren’t spending all your time at the beach. 😉
It was a great meetup!

I have 3. I think that may be it lol.

Believe it or not, I have not been since January 2021. I am hoping to go next year but you all know I walk and go go go. Right now I can’t do that with the RA in my knees and feet so I am patiently waiting with my fingers crossed. The last few months have been so much better than it was this summer. I literally could not walk without a brace for the pain in one foot.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Somebody went to Dollywood without me.

IMG_8188.jpeg

IMG_8206.jpeg

IMG_8202.jpeg

IMG_8201.jpeg

And ate with Paula Deen.

IMG_8179.jpeg

I wasn't up for eating anyway.

Curious as to one sweet difference between Dollywood and Disneyworld?

Dollywood refunded my unused two-day park ticket.

Now that's what I call good Customer Service!

93boomer

Premium Member

View attachment 758095

View attachment 758108

View attachment 758111

View attachment 758110

And ate with Paula Deen.

View attachment 758094

Well that was nice to get that refunded. Hope they had a great time— but not too much with you not feeling well and staying home. 😊

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Fun! Sorry you couldn't make it :( I still want to go during Christmastime! My inlaws are in Gatlinburg, but aren't going to Dollywood. They just keep sending me pictures of snow on the mountains. I'm happy over here in West Tn with my 60 degree day :hilarious:

66F in Nashville today! Gatlinburg at Christmas has so much to offer! You can actually get some really good deals at hotels, cabin rentals (think sitting in a nice warm hot tub on a covered deck with snow falling all around you), and shows that are still playing during December. They are tourist starved that time of year. A lot more shuts down after the first of the year but there is more than Dollywood there.

sheriffwoody

66F in Nashville today! Gatlinburg at Christmas has so much to offer! You can actually get some really good deals at hotels, cabin rentals (think sitting in a nice warm hot tub on a covered deck with snow falling all around you), and shows that are still playing during December. They are tourist starved that time of year. A lot more shuts down after the first of the year but there is more than Dollywood there.
I like the mountains but honestly hate Gatlinburg 🙃 I'll go if I can just chill in a cabin with nice views, but walking around the main strip in Gatlinburg makes me want to crawl in a hole. Maybe it wouldn't be as bad during off season though. If you're in Nashville are you ok after the storms today?! I was shooting a wedding when it moved through West TN but looks like middle got it way worse.

lindawdw

View attachment 758095

View attachment 758108

View attachment 758111

View attachment 758110

And ate with Paula Deen.

View attachment 758094

Looks like they had so much fun together! I'm sorry you had to stay behind and miss out, but rest is the best medicine to feel better! I hope next year brings you to WDW for the holiday season so hopefully we'll meet up! 🎅

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom