Trip Report The Story Comes ALIVE! *COMPLETED*

Hello again, my friends.

For nearly a decade it has been such a joy for me to write about 50 (yes, 50!) different trips that I have taken to WDW - including one that was virtual. ;)

The reason? You, the reader.

I don’t do trip reports for my own documentation. I have journals for that. I write because I love interacting with y’all. Your encouragement, humor, curiosity and even snark (*ahem* @amjt660) assure me that I am not alone in my crazy affection for Disney parks. A big thanks to each of you!

I am very fortunate to be a frequent visitor to WDW (despite what @Mr Ferret 88 believes, I do not live there!) and am entering a season of monthly visits. Trip reporting is time consuming (as those of you who’ve written can attest) but I’m not ready to completely give it up - yet.

What I’d like to do is keep this as an ongoing TR for the rest of 2023. It will be highlights and moments, with live posting as the goal. My story coming alive, so to speak.

First up is spring break with my favorite girl.

AA48F088-9593-431D-9863-5A1CC9431BEF.jpeg

Followed closely by a getaway with my favorite guy.

22534EF9-828F-43F6-A922-359B962CEC72.jpeg

There will be Magician meets. New experiences. And (as always) the unexpected.

I hope you’ll join the fun!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
As much as it saddens me to hear you are done writing, I completely understand - I’ve had trouble just completing one a year! The fact you’ve been consistently posting them for so doing is truly an achievement, and I think many of us Trip Reporters owe a lot of our inspiration to you. Thank you for the entertainment and the source of information - I can’t even count how many things I’ve learned from your reports. I look forward to still interacting on this sight, and am hopeful for that yet to happen Tuvalu sighting. Enjoy those grand babies, and everything else your “retirement” brings!
I still regret missing the opportunity to meet you and your family many moons ago. Perhaps I’ll get to meet those kids before they become teens!

Make “couples trips” a priority. Don’t just wait for milestone anniversaries. Time away with your beloved K will reap rewards for your family. Your kids may not understand now, but I guarantee they will when they have their own families.

I look forward to reading your next report. (Hope you’re having fun!)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
It has been a pleasure to read all of your trip reports!! You were the first person that read your reports, I am sure they are a lot of work and time consuming. As a matter of fact when we met in September in EPCOT I believe in 2016 I had finished reading your report before I came to Disney that year. It was also a comfort for me when some of us couldn’t come down to Disney during the end of the pandemic (because of the dueling Governors in New York and Florida) that I was able to live through your reports.

THANK YOU!!!
You were the first person to recognize me in the parks and will always have a special place in my ❤️.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thank you for many great moments reading your enlightening, funny and on-point trip reports. You helped many of us to maximize our time at the parks as we followed your lead and advice and provided many memorable times as we sat on the edge of our seats with your cliffhangers. You created many memories over the years as we lived vicariously through you.

"Thanks for the memories!"

Music Note GIF by Tata Sky
I am touched by your heartfelt words. And thanks for being patient with the cliffhangers.

travel hanging GIF by Justin Gammon

(I did do a lot of talking about food! 🤣)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
It’s taken me a while to figure out what I want to say because the announcement sucked the life out of me lol.

Tu,

As countless others have expressed, you are the kindest/friendliest person that anyone could ever imagine encountering on these forums. Your constant positivity and welcoming demeanor is what makes you the wonderful human being you are, and it’s the example mindset/behavior that we all should strive to achieve each and every day. Unfortunately for me, I was late to the party and didn’t start reading your TRs until 2018/2019……………because someone didn’t realize that the TR forum existed the first 1 1/2 years of being a member (yikes) 🙃

Anyway, your TRs quickly became a favorite of mine and I eagerly awaited each one. I think I can speak for quite a few when I say that they provided some much needed joy/happiness on some very difficult/crappy days, and because of that, all I can say is thank you. In fact, I can’t say it enough. You have done so much for so many through your TRs, and none of it goes unappreciated. We all will be forever grateful for you and the time you sacrificed while on vacation to take notes/make documentations, and for the time you sacrificed to write these TRs. Your TRs stand out from the rest due to the amount of detail you put into each and the unique dialogue/commentary that we all know and love, and because of that, they will stand the test of time.

Enjoy your well deserved TR retirement, and may your future WDW trips with Woody and Em be more pleasurable and enjoyable than ever.

Once again, thank you.

Much love ❤️
For once, I am truly (Tu-ly? 😉) at a loss for words.

To know that my Boomer trip reports positively impacted a Gen Z’er is humbling. You have so much social media vying for your attention, yet you chose to spend time reading what I wrote - wow. This hits differently. I’m feeling all the feels. I am so blessed by your comments. 🫶

Whenever I have a Jambon Beurre I will think of you!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
So Bittersweet. Say it isn't so! I feel like I lost a part of me. Maybe you just need a break. Regardless, a final good-bye to Trip Reports or a break is well deserved. Nobody has been able to write so much wisdom and love in their reports. Your writing will be missed but we do have a formidable library of "Shirley" trip reports to always look back on.

Speaking of 2024. Current plans include a WDW trip in the Summer. If so, I hope we can meet again in the parks!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

_DSC0293-X2.jpg

IMG_20200721_154836~2-X3.jpg

20200721-DSC08639-X3.jpg

58384-X2.jpg

IMG_20191112_163217-X2.jpg
If not for you, there would be no Shirley.

Too bad she doesn’t have your photography skills!

Actually I’m glad she doesn’t. Your photos make your reports shine. You capture every emotion, every landscape, every detail with such beauty that words are unnecessary.

The bonus is your commentary is incredibly entertaining!!

I would very much enjoy a 4th meetup with the Fractal clan and hope our dates align. :happy:

Laurenciaa

I’m fairly predictable 😉
First week of April
First week of May
Mid June
Mid July
End of August

(Plus last week of Jan next year)
So I am still in denial of you "retiring" of doing TR's.
No Way Omg GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show

I am saddened but at the same time I totally understand your decision. TR's are hard and need a constant upkeep and writing down activities/taking pictures etc... BUT..

Again thank you for everything. For the knowledge, the tips and tricks, the food reviews, the good... and the bad of WDW.

You are a forum owner's dream. Always insightful and ever helping others here in WDWmagic cyberspace.

Thank you!

IMPORTANT P.S. What I am more sad about, is that there will be zero chance of meeting you in 2024 as the plane originating from Brussels, Belgium (via Frankfurt) will be landing in the beginning of September when you are already back on your merry way :arghh::arghh:. I will need to do some better planning I think for 2025-2026 :happy:

Songbird76

I'm so sad, but at the same time, I appreciate the time you've given us. You will always be one of my go-to experts on Disney planning! I hope someday I will get to meet you and get a card. You've brightened my days many times. Life has been....difficult lately, and I'm so glad I had trip reports to turn to to make things a bit happier.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thank you so much for sharing your trips with us all these years! Your reports will certainly be missed, but we understand that you want to spend more time with your family and concentrate on them. I hope I have the opportunity to run into you in the parks again.
Thanks, Amy. I remember our spontaneous encounter on that rainy day!

IMG_1563.jpeg

Can’t believe it was nearly 8 years ago. :jawdrop:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
So I am still in denial of you "retiring" of doing TR's.
No Way Omg GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show

I am saddened but at the same time I totally understand your decision. TR's are hard and need a constant upkeep and writing down activities/taking pictures etc... BUT..

Again thank you for everything. For the knowledge, the tips and tricks, the food reviews, the good... and the bad of WDW.

You are a forum owner's dream. Always insightful and ever helping others here in WDWmagic cyberspace.

Thank you!

IMPORTANT P.S. What I am more sad about, is that there will be zero chance of meeting you in 2024 as the plane originating from Brussels, Belgium (via Frankfurt) will be landing in the beginning of September when you are already back on your merry way :arghh::arghh:. I will need to do some better planning I think for 2025-2026 :happy:
taylor swift love GIF

You know I will be with you at the Wilderness Lodge in spirit!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm so sad, but at the same time, I appreciate the time you've given us. You will always be one of my go-to experts on Disney planning! I hope someday I will get to meet you and get a card. You've brightened my days many times. Life has been....difficult lately, and I'm so glad I had trip reports to turn to to make things a bit happier.
I’m so sorry life has taken a turn for you. When circumstances are hard, hope fades and it feels like you’ll never see “normal” again. I can truly relate and the only encouragement I can offer is to persevere because this too shall pass. It helps me to focus on the “little joys” that happen to all of us each day, as inconsequential as they may seem at the time. (A hug, a good meal, a visit with a friend, etc.)

Dar said you are an absolute delight and I regret having “just missed each other!” twice.

Songbird76

I’m so sorry life has taken a turn for you. When circumstances are hard, hope fades and it feels like you’ll never see “normal” again. I can truly relate and the only encouragement I can offer is to persevere because this too shall pass. It helps me to focus on the “little joys” that happen to all of us each day, as inconsequential as they may seem at the time. (A hug, a good meal, a visit with a friend, etc.)

Dar said you are an absolute delight and I regret having “just missed each other!” twice.
Thank you so much for the kind words and for being one of those "little joys". I'm so sorry we've missed each other, but who knows. Maybe some day.

Dar was so so nice and I wish we'd had more time to get to know each other better. I just found out a couple of days ago that she isn't on the site anymore. If you have contact with her, please tell her I enjoyed meeting her.

AKemily

I Miss You GIF

to all my maple leaf friends was a pleasure. Wishing you and your sweet family (which includes @AKemily who has been MIA from these parts) continued sunshine and pixie dust!
MIA?
Hailee Steinfeld What GIF by Music Choice

Okay, yeah, that’s fair 🫣

But I have learned of your retirement down the grapevine, and though I’m sure many have already said the same, we will miss your reports! You always managed to be honest in your review while letting your love of Disney shine through (and not letting the real haters get you down)! Thank you for the many, many hours of work you have put in to sharing your moments of joy! They were great escapes for many of us while we were away from our happy place. I’m sure it’s already been said but,
24044B5D-B8C4-4D9B-9F2A-8C372C23410D.gif

All the best in your well-deserved retirement! And I may be *running* around Disney again sooner than later ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom