The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Phil12

I love Joe Rohde. I wish they'd have given him free reign instead of tying him to an intellectual property that doesn't seem to have a huge ongoing fan base. I also wish they'd have given him the money they spent acquiring that IP to go towards his project. ;)
I bet that if Joe Rohde was given full control he'd create an attraction based upon classic literature such as The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling or The Jungle by Upton Sinclair or even Oliver Twist by Dickens. The only problem would be that some people would consider such an attraction to be too educational and want it moved to EPCOT.

Mike S

I bet that if Joe Rohde was given full control he'd create an attraction based upon classic literature such as The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling or The Jungle by Upton Sinclair or even Oliver Twist by Dickens. The only problem would be that some people would consider such an attraction to be too educational and want it moved to EPCOT.
Why a Jungle Book or Lion King dark ride or even both haven't been built in Animal Kingdom yet is astounding. They fit perfectly.

the.dreamfinder

Consider the source before you start celebrating.

Nothing is been decided, nothing has been finalized, nothing is official. Steve says it's a possibility.

Please don't give everybody the impression that things aren't anywhere near official at the moment… i'm hearing five different stories from four different people so I'm just gonna sit back and let the chips fall.
Tom Fitzgerald is one of Hill's top sources.

Travel Junkie

And a bit more on the Simmons gag order issued by ESPN:

http://thinkprogress.org/sports/201...erest-between-journalism-and-profits-at-espn/

Pathetic. I'm sure the NFL didn't have to remind Disney where their Super Bowl MVPs go the day after their big win, etc. And just about all of them rolled over completely. Olberman mentioned it in a tangential (I seem to have heard something, wink, wink) way, but nearly complete silence otherwise.

The Simmons suspension had little to do with what he said about the NFL commish. ESPN has been pounding Goodell for a while and they are the ONLY network that has a TV deal with the NFL that has had some of its talent call for his resignation on air. CBS and Fox have largely steered away from the subject altogether.

Simmons is a polarizing figure within management at ESPN. Some have wanted him out for years. The part of the podcast that people are forgetting is that he openly dared his bosses to suspend him. You just can’t do that and not expect management to respond.

If Simmons called Goodell a liar and ended it there, he wouldn’t be suspended. Olberman has also called the commish a liar and nothing happened to him.

PhotoDave219

And now.... for something completely different.

I know that we rarely give props to other sites but I stumbled over this over at wdwfocus.com

One phenomenal transportation map.

wdw-transport-map-full.jpg

CDavid

My mom used to carry a camcorder just like this around the parks when we were younger. I can't tell you how many home videos we have from WDW in the late 80s, early 90s. She was actually even able to tape the Carousel of Progress, the original Imagination and Horizons with this bad boy. Now a days, that wouldn't be allowed.

Since when? I've never had any issue taping in the Carousel of Progress (though I haven't tried the last few years, since I have multiple copies), nor with Imagination and Horizons (I have a 1983 copy of Horizons shot with a portable Betamax - like carrying a box of lead bricks around the park!).

Imagineering doesn't like Avatar

I realize the source is Jim Hill, but I find this interesting. Actually, if Imagineering knows Avatar is a mistaken concept, what do they really think about shoehorning Frozen in where it doesn't belong?

Is there really a walking path from Coronado to Blizzard Beach/Minigolf?

I'm not 100% sure. Either way it's a really nice map. Also far more effective in conveying information than anything Disney has ever produced.

Yes, the walking path (sidewalk, visible on Google Earth and Wikimapia) extends from Coronado Springs, to Blizzard Beach/Winter Summerland, and on to the All-Star Resorts. Be quite a hike from Coronado all the way to All-Star Movies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom