The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Cody5242

;););):);)
Finished Jim Hill. This is what he said.

New Name Disney's Hollywood Adventure
A version of Radiator Springs racers is coming along with Flo's V8 Cafe
Star Wars is still coming to Echo Lake area
Toy Story attractions are coming to pixar place area
Something big is coming to Universal that will make it worth going for three days, which leads me to believe its the long rumored waterpark

Jim doesn't think a TSMM expansion is happening

Soarin around the world film is being made for Shanghai and will come to WDW

Imagineering doesn't like Avatar
I don't think he says Imagineering hates Avatar. If I remember correctly he says they are determined to wow people with Avatarland. With the kind of things that they could do with Avatar you would think they would be excited. It will be the first theme park with floating mountains ;)

Magenta Panther

Consider the source before you start celebrating.

Nothing is been decided, nothing has been finalized, nothing is official. Steve says it's a possibility.

Please don't give everybody the impression that things aren't anywhere near official at the moment… i'm hearing five different stories from four different people so I'm just gonna sit back and let the chips fall.

Good, because none of the projects Jim Hill mentioned interest me in the least. :p

RSoxNo1

The Simmons suspension had little to do with what he said about the NFL commish. ESPN has been pounding Goodell for a while and they are the ONLY network that has a TV deal with the NFL that has had some of its talent call for his resignation on air. CBS and Fox have largely steered away from the subject altogether.

Simmons is a polarizing figure within management at ESPN. Some have wanted him out for years. The part of the podcast that people are forgetting is that he openly dared his bosses to suspend him. You just can’t do that and not expect management to respond.

If Simmons called Goodell a liar and ended it there, he wouldn’t be suspended. Olberman has also called the commish a liar and nothing happened to him.
It was a pretty passive "challenge".

Rteetz

;););):);)
I don't think he says Imagineering hates Avatar. If I remember correctly he says they are determined to wow people with Avatarland. With the kind of things that they could do with Avatar you would think they would be excited. It will be the first theme park with floating mountains ;)
No I've listened to several of his recent podcasts and Jim says imagineering just wishes they didn't have to do this project they would rather be working on Star Wars or something. He has said they wouldn't have done this deal if they would've known they would own Lucas. That's what I heard at least.

twebber55

No I've listened to several of his recent podcasts and Jim says imagineering just wishes they didn't have to do this project they would rather be working on Star Wars or something. He has said they wouldn't have done this deal if they would've known they would own Lucas. That's what I heard at least.
the last time I listened to a pod cast from maybe 1 (Disney 5 year plan) month ago he specifically mentioned how excited they were about avatar

Rteetz

the last time I listened to a pod cast from maybe 1 (Disney 5 year plan) month ago he specifically mentioned how excited they were about avatar
Well okay, I'm not saying they hate it, they just wish it could be something else I guess. I'm actually very excited for avatar and what they may be able to do with it. Jim has just mentioned a few times that if disney would've known they would own Lucas they wouldn't have mad a deal with James Cameron.

twebber55

Well okay, I'm not saying they hate it, they just wish it could be something else I guess. I'm actually very excited for avatar and what they may be able to do with it. Jim has just mentioned a few times that if disney would've known they would own Lucas they wouldn't have mad a deal with James Cameron.
it was episode 62 when it was briefly mentioned

MerlinTheGoat

Dont forget Tarzan, I think it should have something at AK, well it use to, but still.
I'm not sure how true this is, but i've read some places that Disney actually lost the license to Tarzan. If that's true, then i'm not sure what they're allowed to do with Tarzan anymore besides rerelease media they've already made and keep existing park attractions open. The only Tarzan character I ever see at AK is Terk (i found a post about Tarzan and Jane making a rare appearance last year but this seems to be practically unheard of nowadays). Terk wasn't from the original books and i'm guessing is a Disney owned character. And in the Disney Infinity video game, apparently only Tantor and one of the minor ape characters called Flynt are featured in the game (i don't think Tarzan, Jane or any other characters from the movie or books are present).

Someone else who knows better about this situation can explain better if there's truth to this matter.

ryan1

Is it too late to scrap Avatar and cancel the deal with Cameron? I know there are drawings of what is coming but has there been anything definitive about what is coming ride wise?

I hate the idea of Avatar land so I haven't paid it any attention but it seems there may be internal grumblings about it.

MerlinTheGoat

Is it too late to scrap Avatar and cancel the deal with Cameron? I know there are drawings of what is coming but has there been anything definitive about what is coming ride wise?

I hate the idea of Avatar land so I haven't paid it any attention but it seems there may be internal grumblings about it.
They've begun land preparation for the foundation at least. Apparently no vertical construction started yet, but i'm guessing it's happening regardless. Don't know if they can cancel the project at this point in time. I've not heard of a project getting this far being canned (then again they did build unused ride buildings for several of the World Showcase pavilions so I guess anything is possible).

Still not a consensus on the ride roster as far as i'm aware. All we know for sure is that there's a Soarin like simulator coming. James Cameron insists there's not going to be just one ride, but I don't know how accurate or trustworthy his statements are. Concept art of the boat ride was still being used in official statements within the past few months, though some insiders have said that this ride could be potentially be pushed back to a late opening (like the Dwarf Coaster) or even outright canceled at the whim of executives (such as downgraded into some sort of walkthrough).

Seems news about what the project includes has been scarce lately. Not many construction updates so far. Sounds like work is going extremely slow, as per the usual for modern Disney projects. If any insiders have any updated information about the project (it's ride roster and what to expect quality wise), we'd love to hear.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I know I did listen to that episode. I guess I was just basing it on what he said today. jim did one of his well... Imagineers wish they would've known they would have Lucas film at their finger tips.
That sounds like his typical dancing around pointing blame at the leadership. The idea for acquiring the Avatar rights originated above Walt Disney Imagineering and Disney already had the theme park rights to Star Wars and Indiana Jones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom