The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

PhotoDave219

I think that is what fueled the original thing.. but the followup by the females.. I think they really felt what they were arguing was legit. And that just blows my mind they are that freaking sensitive. Well.. I shouldn't be surprised given the other tweets, but blows my mind these people somehow function in the open world.

Then follow ups calling for people to unfollow InsidetheMagic... especially the ones coming from competing podcasters were even more hysterical to read.

I think a good portion of that community is jealous of InsideTheMagic.

Theres a lot of different things going on with this and it hit a nerve with everyone.

Me? I dont see this as a reason to go after him with pitchforks and torches. Just add it to the file and forward it on to the right people...

flynnibus

Premium Member
Possible. But the power couple that runs it has seemingly gone out of their way to people off, too. Act like a high school bully, everyone wants to see you get your comeuppance. Had it been a more genial Tweeter, I imagine it would have been less of an uproar.

meh... inter personal drama I have no interest in. They put up content frequently that is worth watching. I have no idea if the director of game of thrones stomps bugs, swears like a sailor, and clubs baby seals.... but I don't care because I'm not watching the show because of him.. I'm watching his work. Same with InsideTheMagic IMO. YMMV

And to be honest, the fact a married, childless man in his late 20s jumped through hoops to get his picture with the Frozen sisters by himself ... kind of creepy all on its own.

By that standard we should be throwing out like 40% of WDW guests as creepers... boys and girls. Capt Jack freaks? Tarzan freaks? etc

71jason

Me? I dont see this as a reason to go after him with pitchforks and torches. Just add it to the file and forward it on to the right people...

Amen. The sexual harassment claims were a bit much. Especially when face characters face much worse real-time harassment on a daily basis.

But again, if other people want to crucify him, I'll just sit back with some popcorn. Save my efforts at defense for people I actually like.

Suspirian

Well, bottom line...it really ticks me off that TDO is spending big bucks on an attraction based on Cameron's dippy movie while Expedition Everest's yeti AA is still broken and TDO has made no effort to fix it, apparently because it thinks that, well, the stupid tourists mostly don't notice, so why bother?

That disgusts me no end. That is not the legendary Disney focus on quality and good show. It's a disgrace to Walt Disney's legacy. And I'm not going to support it. I won't step foot in AK again until the damn yeti is fixed. Period.

And frankly, AK is mostly just a zoo. I think it's pretty in places, but overall it's boring. Everest could have corrected that, and so could Beastly Kingdomme. If I wanted to see real animals, I could visit a good zoo, and be satisfied. AK is a squandered idea, and Cameron's dopey kitties are not going to help much. At least that's my take.

Well, look at it this way. If Avatar proves to be popular enough it could maybe take the heat off Everest long enough for them to go in and fix it. It's a long shot I know but it would be the perfect opportunity for them to do it.

Yea I think this is the problem. Everest is their main draw right now...so much that it's basically been on the front of the map pamphlet since it's opening. If they were to close the ride they'd most likely loose a lot of customer, and considering how advanced the yeti is, it would e quite a lengthy refurb. Like @Mike S said Avatar and the nighttime additions will finally take the pressure off of Everest so that they can get it back to the way it used to be.

PhotoDave219

Possible. But the power couple that runs it has seemingly gone out of their way to people off, too. Act like a high school bully, everyone wants to see you get your comeuppance. Had it been a more genial Tweeter, I imagine it would have been less of an uproar.

And to be honest, the fact a married, childless man in his late 20s jumped through hoops to get his picture with the Frozen sisters by himself ... kind of creepy all on its own.

Plus its right on the heels of this whole #YesAllWomen movement. With the stories you hear from entertainment CMs and how they are touched/harrassed ect., it resonates there.

You have the people who are just jealous, haters, shadenfreud, people who just generally dont like him and thats another group.

And then toss in the Mrs Rickey behavior and you've got a third group of people ed.

71jason

meh... inter personal drama I have no interest in. They put up content frequently that is worth watching. I have no idea if the director of game of thrones stomps bugs, swears like a sailor, and clubs baby seals.... but I don't care because I'm not watching the show because of him.. I'm watching his work. Same with InsideTheMagic IMO. YMMV

Never even listened to his show, have more personal reasons, but not going to rehash that now, other than to say, real world actions have consequences.

By that standard we should be throwing out like 40% of WDW guests as creepers... boys and girls. Capt Jack freaks? Tarzan freaks? etc

Well, 40% seems high, but yeah. Too lazy to find my post in the old thread, but when I said "every theme park performer in Orlando has stalkers," I didn't mean "stalker" as a compliment. For me, it was learning about the Beetlejuice stalker who started taking pictured of my little sister* in the audience when said stalker learned she was engaged to the actor who played BJ. Honestly, that freaked me out. To say nothing of horror stories Adventurers Club actors have told me. It's a real issue in this town, all kidding aside.

* [Not technically my sister by biology/legality, but she and her daughter might as well be family.]

PeterAlt

Google Earth now has updated satellite imagery of WDW. At AK, you can see the Avatar construction site very clearly. While, I can't make any sense of it, I did make a startling realization while trying to make sense of it. What I realized was that Burbank wasn't kidding when they compared the AK additions to DCA 2.0. Avatar is what Carsland is for DCA. But the parallel that really struck me (as I was trying to make sense of the satellite imagery) is the massive amount of artificial rock work - already seen in Carsland and to be seen with Avatar. Maybe more massive with Avatar because the project not only will create artificial rocks and mountains, but it will also create the gravity-defying "floating" Hallelujah Mountains of Pandora. Of course Disney won't have access to the superconducting material known in the movie as unobtanium to actually keep the giant rock afloat, so these man-made mountains will need to be master crafted for the art of illusion as well.

image.jpg

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
To say nothing of horror stories Adventurers Club actors have told me. It's a real issue in this town, all kidding aside

Well when the biggest employer in town encourages people to never grow up.. it's going to be hard to find a carton without a few cracked eggs. I feel bad for the performers, but I can't fathom the job at all.

Never even listened to his show, have more personal reasons, but not going to rehash that now, other than to say, real world actions have consequences.

I only view his videos/photos when relevant/news. Never followed their podcast... every single Disney podcast i've tried to listen to is shear torture and I can't get through more than 10-15mins before I beg for a mercy kill.

If @WDW1974 does one thing... please listen to this podcast at least in the background for awhile. I know the pre-roll is quite long at 2mins... but listen to how the pros know how to have an open discussion while keeping it interesting, entertaining at times, informative (usually), and welcomes a variety of opinions. This episode is by no means stand-out in their history as great.. but the topics @WDW1974 may find interesting to hear from a different angle. Especially notable are the playful discussions regarding making predictions (and being right or wrong), and the banter about twitter. Its even more fun because Leo ends up being wrong about Apple/Beats. You may want to fast forward through some of the net neturality stuff which is probably long for your tastes. But if you can listen to 1hr of this show even in the background... it should establish some LEGITIMATE impressions about podcasting
http://twit.tv/show/this-week-in-tech/457

Much like twitter - if you only ever expose yourself to Disney twitter or podcasting... you'll never have a legit view of what the real world is. Because just as much as Disney is about building fantasy.. apparently that distorted reality applies to Disney twitter and podcasts too :)

now.. I really gotta get to bed. I'm here to save the universe tomorrow.. and I need to be ontime to do it :D

TP2000

now thats advertising!
ETA: i have no idea what they are saying

Yeah, Tokyo Disneyland does amazing stuff. We've talked here about how Disneyland USA is doing things so much better than the Florida parks, but Anaheim still can't match the amazing work they do daily in Tokyo; from the front line Custodial girls wiping down trashcans in the rain to the flawlessly polite and efficient (and attractively non-obese) ride operators to Tokyo's senior executives who approve classy and sophisticated advertising and investment.

Back in '06 when Tokyo DisneySea was celebrating it's big 5th Anniversary (yeah, they do that there), they commissioned a song and music video to represent the 5th Anniversary marketing tagline "Sea of Dreams". It's a bit schmaltzy, but Disney has done schmaltz well since the 1950's. But it shows off the park and represents the emotions that Disney theme parks have historically sold to a hungry public.

Can you imagine the cubicle farms of Celebration, Florida approving something like that today for WDW?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Yeah, Tokyo Disneyland does amazing stuff. We've talked here about how Disneyland USA is doing things so much better than the Florida parks, but Anaheim still can't match the amazing work they do daily in Tokyo; from the front line Custodial girls wiping down trashcans in the rain to the flawlessly polite and efficient (and attractively non-obese) ride operators to Tokyo's senior executives who approve classy and sophisticated advertising and investment.

Back in '06 when Tokyo DisneySea was celebrating it's big 5th Anniversary (yeah, they do that there), they commissioned a song and music video to represent the 5th Anniversary marketing tagline "Sea of Dreams". It's a bit schmaltzy, but Disney has done schmaltz well since the 1950's. But it shows off the park and represents the emotions that Disney theme parks have historically sold to a hungry public.

Can you imagine the cubicle farms of Celebration, Florida approving something like that today for WDW?

Yeah, well they also did this.

Last edited:

ParentsOf4

That said, I FINALLY just saw the WDW Mine Train commercial and OMG as the kewl kiddies would say that is some godawful stuff. Heigh-ho as a rap song. What looks like a 12-year-old checking out an older woman. Everyone wearing shades.

Is this Disney again forgetting what it is and trying to be hip? Doesn't anyone at the company realize that whenever Disney tries to be hip that it fails miserably? Honestly, whoever approved that spot should be fired.
But I got plotting to do ... Heigh-ho, heigh-ho ...:greedy:

Yes, you are right...that is...bad...

Just bad.

My biggest beef with the SDMT commercial is the age of the two boys.

Sorry for stereotyping but how many really think most boys those ages would be excited about a 38-inch rollercoaster?

And then there are the sped up scenes of the rollercoaster itself, attempting to make SDMT appear more thrilling than it is.

The commercial makes it seem as if Disney is running away from what they designed SDMT to be (a “Family-Friendly Roller Coaster”) rather than embracing it.

Are they really that afraid of Diagon Alley this summer?

Oops, never mind.

Dumb question.

Last edited:

DocMcHulk

@WDW1974 What's been bothering me with Ricky lately is that he started of as a family friendly "brand advocate". Then he slowly started branching off to places like Universal and Sea World. I was ok with this since they were tangental to Disney. Then, he went off the deep end. Lately, he has been all about horror and gore, zombies, co-play, sexy haunted mansion maids. He diverted so much from his brand, that he had to create a site within his site just to hold the "off color" content. TO me, that's a problem.

He says the new content is separate, but he retweets it using his personal or ItM twitter account. He posts it with his ItM facebook account. Even thought he says it's separate, I still see it even when I'm not following those "off color" pages. I actually had to BLOCK OutsideTheMagic so I wouldnt see it any more. That's a major branding issue, to the point I almost unfollowed his ItM accounts.

RSoxNo1

Time to jump out in front of a rumor and make a whole new set of enemies...

The Avatar boat ride has not been pushed back and there is no Phase 2. There is what WDI and Cameron's firm agreed upon to build and nothing else. Whatever pressures exist from operations side or Burbank to reduce budgets, they are what they are. But they cannot derail this project. Perhaps this is why such a weak slate of attractions is planned for WDW until 2017?

There is an aerial photo going around that shows the construction site as of yesterday or the day before. The site has been cleared literally to the fullest extent possible with the intent of utilizing every inch of it. That doesn't speak of a project that suddenly experienced cutbacks.

I think maybe a lot of people *want* to hear that this boat ride has been cancelled and that is why this rumor is going around so fast. But is not true. Sorry.
I sincerely hope you're right and that my source got it wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom