The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Cesar R M

The next movie to beat Avatar in the box office will be Anita: Battle Angel.

I will bet money on that. That's assuming that the Avatar sequels won't do better than the original.
Dont You mean "Alita" ?

Is there some reason a smart phone from some other part of the world couldn't be put in airplane mode with the WiFi turned on for in park use?
You're assuming they GET their phones on international places.
Some phones are locked.. believe it or not.. prepaid phones from some companies in Mexico do not work in the US.. they demand you PAY extra money to make it work in the US.

so having the phone in the US could be considered dumb..as the phone would be a literal brick.

Cesar R M

Avatar was about seamless meshing live action and cgi together in a fabulous world composed of massive digital environments. A tad more of a movie going "experience" than Up.

Nothing against Up btw. Much better story than Avatar.
UP was exponentially better story wise.
Noone saying that Avatar was inferior in graphics/enviroments/effects.

PeterAlt

Dont You mean "Alita" ?

You're assuming they GET their phones on international places.
Some phones are locked.. believe it or not.. prepaid phones from some companies in Mexico do not work in the US.. they demand you PAY extra money to make it work in the US.

so having the phone in the US could be considered dumb..as the phone would be a literal brick.
Yes

Cesar R M

There's been several revisions of the script, which Cameron is co-author of. Preproduction art began before Avatar's preproduction began in the 2000's, and has continued non-stop. Both Cameron and his producer have confirmed that actual production work will begin after the Avatar prequel is completed. There's 3 Avatar sequels and 1 prequel being filmed back to back. Once those 4 films are finished, production is scheduled to begin on Anita: Battle Angel. Rumor has it that the budget will be double that of Avatar's, which explains all the Avatar sequels - he needs that money for Battle Angel.

I'd say Cameron has lost his mind, but no studio would take the kind of risks he's willing to take. More power to him. I hope he succeeds!
He gets big kudos, as he as risked it TWICE BIG TIME..
TITANIC was an obscene risk money wise.. in building a huge portion of the titanic and the water tank thing..I mean.. if I remember correctly; he overran the budged thrice.
AVATAR as well, since they recreated the 3d from zero and added impressive tech for the 3d effects & digital character merging.
Dude is a visionary effects wise.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I love anecdotal evidence being used to prove larger points!!!

I am in my VERY early 30s. I like Star Wars, I don't love it or anything. I don't know one single person who LOVES it. And I know a goodly amount of people. What does that tell you?

Travel Junkie

I find it interesting, and quite telling, that we no longer hear anyone use the term "Potter Swatter" any more. That battle is over, and Disney didn't win it.

Seriously, remember three or four years ago when people would use the Potter Swatter phrase while working under an assumption that Disney would very soon come out swinging with amazing new E Tickets and cutting edge developments for the parks to counter a resurgent Universal Studios? I remember that. And people no longer make that assumption, or utter the words Potter Swatter.

That is until 2016 when we get Potter Swatter west coast edition: Harry hits Hollywood.

I think it may get even more play our west because I imagine DLR will actually decide to hit back.

Cesar R M

I love anecdotal evidence being used to prove larger points!!!

I am in my VERY early 30s. I like Star Wars, I don't love it or anything. I don't know one single person who LOVES it. And I know a goodly amount of people. What does that tell you?
That you live in the north pole? just joking lol ;)

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
To recap the last few pages for those just tuning in:

People found the Google trends button

Here is a google trends that compares Google trends vs Pixie Dust. I guess they should build
a "Google Trends Land"

trends4.jpg

PeterAlt

He gets big kudos, as he as risked it TWICE BIG TIME..
TITANIC was an obscene risk money wise.. in building a huge portion of the titanic and the water tank thing..I mean.. if I remember correctly; he overran the budged thrice.
AVATAR as well, since they recreated the 3d from zero and added impressive tech for the 3d effects & digital character merging.
Dude is a visionary effects wise.
The premise of Alita: Battle Angel alone is intriguing:

In the distant future, a female adolescent cyborg, who was found stranded and left to die on a garbage dump of an isolated world, is saved and adopted by a family from Earth and saves Earth from annihilation by aliens...

lebeau

Your 9-year-old has impeccable taste in films ;).

All you need to do now is introduce them to Indy one day, once they've seen both Star Wars and IJ they'll be hooked.

She actually doesn't like the movies so far. She picked up some Star Wars books at the library and got really into those. Not the novels. They are like reference books for kids. They explain who the characters are, etc. Also, she likes the bad guys a lot more than the good guys. I'm thinking about doing something I swore I would never do. Letting her watch the prequels.

I think Indy is a lost cause in my house. Although I once said the same thing about Star Wars.

Stevek

She actually doesn't like the movies so far. She picked up some Star Wars books at the library and got really into those. Not the novels. They are like reference books for kids. They explain who the characters are, etc. Also, she likes the bad guys a lot more than the good guys. I'm thinking about doing something I swore I would never do. Letting her watch the prequels.

I think Indy is a lost cause in my house. Although I once said the same thing about Star Wars.
They are about to launch a new Star Wars: Rebels series which will include some young reader books. That may be a good start for reading versus reference. They will also have a Rebels character guide since she likes those books.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom