The Spirited Back Nine ...

Figments Friend

Year of the Norman conquest? Largest number you can make with 10 bits? Hip internet thing that goes over my head? Am I opening myself up for ridicule by even inquiring about this?

*1023* is the code number that mean *child contamination* in the film *Monsters Inc.*
The C.D.A. (Child Detection Agency )members yell it to each other during several key moments during the story.

Not sure if this is the real meaning behind Mr. 1023s username, but i am always reminded of *Monsters Inc.* when he posts.

:)

jdmdisney99

How has the trailer not been leaked yet
image.jpg

Figments Friend

Yep....not like the old days when the film canisters arrived a few days before release and the employees would spool that baby up for a private *after hours* showing.

Ahhh...i miss the smell of actual film and the clank of boxy-circular film canisters.
OH, and when the projector would flip out and melt the film on screen.

People today who work at movie houses just don*t know what they are missing!

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Yep....not like the old days when the film canisters arrived a few days before release and the employees would spool that baby up for a private *after hours* showing.

Ahhh...i miss the smell of actual film and the clank of boxy-circular film canisters.
OH, and when the projector would flip out and melt the film on screen.

People today who work at movie houses just don*t know what they are missing!
We did that when I was in high school. We also ate massive amounts of leftover popcorn out of giant garbage bags after the masses left. There was an official reason for the after hours showing. It was to make sure the film wasn't broke. There were usually one or two places where it had to be spliced together. I was a lowly concessionist so I would just eat food while this work was being done. Many may find this hard to believe, but I got in trouble for being smart with customers on more than one occasion.

CinematicFusion

The trailer is going to be 88 seconds...that is the same amount of time it takes for the John Williams theme to run with the scrolling text at the start of all Star Wars films.
Interesting J.J. would use that same amount of time.

I guess he could theoretically reveal the new scroll of the film. Show nothing from the movie but the intro title scene.

Talk about giving you goosebumps if all you saw in the movie theater was the Scroll with John Williams music. Biggest tease of all time. It would give you a ton of information about the film without showing you anything.

Soarin' Over Pgh

The trailer is going to be 88 seconds...that is the same amount of time it takes for the John Williams theme to run with the scrolling text at the start of all Star Wars films.
Interesting J.J. would use that same amount of time.

I guess he could theoretically reveal the new scroll of the film. Show nothing from the movie but the intro title scene.

Talk about giving you goosebumps if all you saw in the movie theater was the Scroll with John Williams music. Biggest tease of all time. It would give you a ton of information about the film without showing you anything.

Oooooooh, nice catch!

Mike S

Sitting and waiting for The Hall of Presidents to start so might as well post how my night is going so far. Before going to Magic Kingdom I went back to Animal Kingdom to see the park at night and get 2 night rides on Everest.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Now I'm in Magic Kingdom and have so far only done the People Mover. This is my first time back since Astro Orbiter reopened and it looks great.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Enjoy the pics @Soarin' Over Pgh

CinematicFusion

Word from the street is its an awesome trailer.
Might hit at midnight...what time zone? Have no idea.
I would assume the trailer would hit online after it was in the theater for half a day but the internet crowd is different from the movie going crowd. So...trailer might be on iTunes at midnight tonight.

Cesar R M

I couldn't watch the whole thing. I just sat back down so I can see Santa. I don't remember the parade being quite this annoying. I also don't remember not knowing who that many of the performers were in the past. I guess I'm just getting old.
It could be worse. Like those guys in youtube claiming to show the full parade.. yet we see a fat man with barely clothing.. "reviewing" the parade "in real time". (aka talk and babble nonstop)

Cesar R M

I saw Mr. Hammill talk about trying to keep the fact Darth Vader was Luke's father under wraps (sorry for the lack of spoiler alert) at Star Wars days this summer. He was a GREAT interview.
George.. we need to have THE TALK.
because Vader's body as been THE MUMMY's material for decades by now.

Cesar R M

No, it wasn't. I'm very surprised to see no disney floats (did I miss something???) and not a single disney Frozen plug. I was almost expecting it!

I noted the unintentional up skirt shot of a cheerleader and got kinda weirded out.

Overall, cute parade this year, but it seems to be missing a little sparkle that's it's had in previous years and I can't quite place my finger on what's missing.

It was a nice looking santa this year. Better than last years, for sure.

I would be ok with this.

Pittsburgh's pitiful "holiday parade" ie, drunk fest (insert Epcot crack here) is Saturday morning and anyone dumb enough to go into town to see it is met with a traffic nightmare, drunk people ho ho hoing all over the place and no port a potties in sight.

Is the Philly parade today? Maybe I can find a torrent of it.
probably because there was supposed to be a gigantic protest 1 block away?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom