The Spirit Takes the Fifth ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianLo

I'm not going to lie, seems a bit light, but if they do the HKD move of 3 E-tickets in 5 years as an expansion it would be fine.

In the grand scheme of Disney parks built in the last two decades though, it's pretty good (granted that's generally been a low bar)

I think when all is said and done, this park will open with substantially more than HKDL, but still lighter than DLP.

Pound for pound I'd say it's roughly equivalent to how HKDL exists today. Both have approximately 5 E-tickets - I might give the edge to SDL as they seem to have a more fleshed out Fantasyland.

I'm curious what to expect of Pooh and Buzz, they could take the lazy copy and paste approach, but I have a feeling HKDL wouldn't be too impressed with that.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Anyone care to weigh in with SDL attractions? Here is what I pulled out as C, D, E attractions (minus shows)

Roaring Rapid, Soaring Over the Horizon, “Once Upon a Time” Adventure, Hunny Pot Spin (Teacups), The many adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan’s Flight, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Dumbo, Carousel, Tron Lightcycles Power Run, Buzz Lightyear planet rescue, Rex’s Racers, Slinky Dog Spin, Pirates of the Caribbean

Not quite sure about Voyage to the Crystal Grotto (walkthrough or ride?), Siren’s Revenge, Jolly Gypsy...

Seems to really match the plans leaked oh so long ago.

You are much more generous than I would be. Many of those are minor (B level) attractions. Some just aren't known. They also will have two E-Ticket caliber shows at opening. The Voyage to the Crystal Grotto is the ballyhooed boat ride that loads under the castle. I expect that to be one of the top rides in the park.

Kuhio

If the Shanghai World Expo is any indication, there is certainly a demand for theme park-type attractions in mainland China. I'm a little apprehensive about how insane the lines at SDL are going to be, and I certainly hope Disney has carefully considered crowd patterns and capacity issues well in advance of opening day.

Astro Blaster

SDL Tomorrowland:

Well Spring
Alpha, Beta, Gamma
Arena E
Arena E Stage

CONCOURSE

First Aid -- Tomorrowland
Jet Packs
Meet & Greet
Power Supply
Spiral Snacks
SUPERBLOCK
Stitch Encounter
Buzz Lightyear Planet Rescue
Stargazer Grill
Intergalactic Imports
The Light Stuff (ODV)
TRON COVER
Tron Lightcycles Power Run
No space mountain? Maybe it just won't be ready for the grand opening

71jason

Everybody's favorite Ricky did an interesting flip flop with Frozen.

After the movie he tweeted it has "really good parts, really eh parts." Sounds pretty ambivalent, right?

His review a few days later calls it a "beautiful and funny adventure that's a sure-fire Disney classic."

I know, I know. Shocking, isn't it?

Since it's not in theaters yet ... what does a guy who takes pictures of theme park attractions and bathrooms know about film criticism to score an invite to the preview?

Since you bring him back up--wonder if brought along his mentally unstable ... "fan" who, unprovoked, threatened to do physical violence to me inside an Orlando theme park a couple weeks ago. Clearly the social media team in Celebration is unfamiliar with the concept of "vetting."

Animaniac93-98

what does a guy who takes pictures of theme park attractions and bathrooms know about film criticism to score an invite to the preview?

He's not there to "review", he's there to promote. It's another way to get the message out at little to no cost to Disney.

Doubt he'll be invited to review any Disney subsidiary screenings (like Touchstone) though.

Sped2424

I noticed no Hall of Presidents/Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln :cautious:
Shanghai Disneyland, what relevance or importance does Lincoln hold or any us president for that matter over there? One that is remembered so fondly they would build an attraction for em.

Sped2424

If this is the rate they are going I say they tear out most of magic kingdom except like 3 rides and just leave the castle so they can build a bunch of DVC's next to em. :rolleyes: How hard is it for someone to be in charge that actually gets the theme park business and what people want out of them.

tissandtully

If this is the rate they are going I say they tear out most of magic kingdom except like 3 rides and just leave the castle so they can build a bunch of DVC's next to em. :rolleyes: How hard is it for someone to be in charge that actually gets the theme park business and what people want out of them.
Castle DVC, don't give them any ideas!

Sped2424

Castle DVC, don't give them any ideas!
lol The day the do an in park dvc is the day I quit Disney. On the upside frozen seems to be a good film despite the damage it is doing at epcot, although I don't blame the film more than the execs who wanna place it there.

choco choco

If the Shanghai World Expo is any indication, there is certainly a demand for theme park-type attractions in mainland China. I'm a little apprehensive about how insane the lines at SDL are going to be, and I certainly hope Disney has carefully considered crowd patterns and capacity issues well in advance of opening day.

I went to the Shanghai World Expo. It was bedlam. Besides there being too many people, the manners and etiquette of the Chinese mainlanders is really (what's the right word) rough? Uncouth? Self-serving? Lackadaisical? Unbecoming?

Their behavior has been a sore point for Hong Kong Disneyland for many years. I don't know how they've handled it there, and I don't know how they're gonna handle it when these types of customers become the majority of the park.

Especially with such a small roster of attractions. With that crowd, it can get tough really quick...

HakunaMatata89

careful, some big suit could be reading this and seeing how good of an idea this is.

Dragonrider1227

Not much time, been a busy weekend. But did get a call from someone trusted who told me more disheartening news.

Imagination will still be closing in 2014, but not the original January 2nd date. HOWEVER, right now it will be closed simply go save on labor and maintenance ... Although plans exist for a thorough redo of the pavilion the current plan is to make up some LIE to foist upon folks and to sit back and let the building rot a la WoL.

If you care at all about the attraction's past or future, I urge you to contact Erin Youngs, George Kalogridis and Meg Crofton and express your displeasure. Once it is shut down, you are too late.
How do I contact them?

TP2000

I went to the Shanghai World Expo. It was bedlam. Besides there being too many people, the manners and etiquette of the Chinese mainlanders is really (what's the right word) rough? Uncouth? Self-serving? Lackadaisical? Unbecoming?

You are being too kind. The behavior of the Chinese middle classes in large numbers in public spaces is notorious. Stories from the Shanghai World's Fair a few years ago are cringe inducing. I can only imagine the horrors that will unfold on a crowded weekend at Shanghai Disneyland when Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down.

IHeartArt

Yes, you'll be able to fly over top this once beloved EPCOT attraction as Miley comes in with her wrecking ball circa 1999. They taped the whole thing and with only a pinch of CG and fairy dust required. True Disney synergy.

What does this post even mean?

aladdin2007

How do I contact them?

Here are the addresses

Walt Disney World Guest Relations P.O. Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

This is the universal address! For example, if you want to write to the General Manager of All Star Music, or any other resort, address the envelope to the person and use the P.O. Box 10000 address.....or for this case add George K.

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Robert A. Iger Chief Executive Officer
The Walt Disney Company
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Thomas O. Staggs

Chairman
Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Meg Crofton
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Operations, U.S. & France
The Walt Disney World Resort
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom