The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Season 3 - Discussion Thread

TheOriginalTiki

No, I loved the new additions guys. All I'm saying is that I'm not entirely sure how JDM will respond to going respond to expanding on the requirements. Of course I'm a big coaster geek, so of course I loved the family coaster :p (also loved the homage to Natures Wonderland with the cacti!)

Voxel

President of Progress City
No, I loved the new additions guys. All I'm saying is that I'm not entirely sure how JDM will respond to going respond to expanding on the requirements. Of course I'm a big coaster geek, so of course I loved the family coaster :p (also loved the homage to Natures Wonderland with the cacti!)
I should have read the Challenge better. We were all wrapped around the idea of a New frontierland/Frontierland Expansion. In our heads that's more then one ride :p. PS Didn't everyone expand the requirements of Challenge One and it didn't seem to hurt anyone negatively.

TheOriginalTiki

I should have read the Challenge better. We were all wrapped around the idea of a New frontierland/Frontierland Expansion. In our heads that's more then one ride :p. PS Didn't everyone expand the requirements of Challenge One and it didn't seem to hurt anyone negatively.

Fair enough. You just never know how Big Bad Trump will react ;)

poswbpu7c4.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
I'm actually curious about how closely to the rules matters.

Because just for reference @TheOriginalTiki the reason we went with a raft ride was because the instructions said to adhere to the insider info about the fronteirland expansion. And according to lee, he thinks it's going to be a raft ride, so that was our whole reason why we went in that direction.

And if we get knocked down for that I'm going to feel guilty because I'm the one who pushed the team in that direction.

Voxel

President of Progress City

Because just for reference @TheOriginalTiki the reason we went with a raft ride was because the instructions said to adhere to the insider info about the fronteirland expansion. And according to lee, he thinks it's going to be a raft ride, so that was our whole reason why we went in that direction.

And if we get knocked down for that I'm going to feel guilty because I'm the one who pushed the team in that direction.
That will be interesting to see, because I never would have know that unless it was mentioned in the PML or Here, because I avoid the News/Rumors threads except for the occasional sneak peak to see what people are fighting about this month.

TheOriginalTiki

Because just for reference @TheOriginalTiki the reason we went with a raft ride was because the instructions said to adhere to the insider info about the fronteirland expansion. And according to lee, he thinks it's going to be a raft ride, so that was our whole reason why we went in tat direction.

The water ride wasn't what I had a problem with. It's a small issue, but I just wish you guys would have addressed Splash Mountain and the fact that there's two rides in the same land. And I'm not even saying that because I don't get it...because I do, they're two entirely different ride systems that have worked well in the same area before...look at Toon Lagoon at IOA. I just think the issue should have been addressed.

Like I said, it's a pretty small nitpick in the grand scheme of things, so I wouldn't worry about that being a factor in the final score ;)

spacemt354

Chili's
The water ride wasn't what I had a problem with. It's a small issue, but I just wish you guys would have addressed Splash Mountain and the fact that there's two rides in the same land. And I'm not even saying that because I don't get it...because I do, they're two entirely different ride systems that have worked well in the same area before...look at Toon Lagoon at IOA. I just think the issue should have been addressed.

Like I said, it's a pretty small nitpick in the grand scheme of things, so I wouldn't worry about that being a factor in the final score ;)
I thought your reviews were great! I was just worried about that one thing. Thanks for clearing it up!:)

JokersWild

Critiques

Team Goofy

Love the backstory of Rocky Ridge and what it has to do with the story. I have some concerns on having a ride system so similar to Splash mountain this close to it but the River rafts definitely are a more mild ride. Love the detail in the queue with the newspaper article. I want to see some S.E.A. connections especially with then new connections at BTMRR. Really like the ride through with RCT3. I wish you had as much detail in your ride scenes as you have everywhere else. The Storyline seems a little week. Im not sure how the bandits really fit into a story where is Native Americans vs Miners. I like the illustration of how Rocky Ridge adds to the Frontierland Skyline.

Team Oswald
I like the story of Rocksburg and how the settlers came to be in harmony with the Native Americans. The Map is Excellent and I like how you fixed a major bottleneck by connecting it back to the main path. I like the trackless dark ride in theory but it doesn't seem exciting enough to me. Lots of script but not a lot of ride details. I like the Lunch/ Dinner Show but again i wish i had more details. I don't think Frontierland needs another coaster and I have my issues with Motorbike coasters at Disney because in my opinion they are not accessible enough. If people complain about 7DMT being tight then how are we going to fit the 300+ pound ECV riding guests on a straddle coaster with a rear restraint. Sals Saloon Seems like a rehash of Pecos and I don't know if we need this many more stores in Frontierland. Great presentation but i wish there was more detail on some of it.

Team Mickey

I love that we are going to the Sierras as I feel it’s criminally underrepresented in the florida parks. Love the deals you put into the area and queue. Im kinda confused on the ride system. Its an EMV but is got screens for windows? Can we see out at all? (similar to the Hogwarts Express is what I'm imagining?) If we have screens for windows then why do we need to move at all and why not just make it a simulator? I love that you thought of a composer for the music but I wish you had put together even a rough edit of a demo or soundtrack so we could get abetter idea of what you were thinking. The ride experience itself is truly wonderful and not like anything else in Frontierland.
The windows are not screens. They are windows. Guests are fully enclosed inside because it would allow for more complicated and scene-encompassing effects. Going by what we've written, actually now that I think of it, I don't believe there would be any screens in the attraction at all.

There IS a complete score to the attraction. It is currently in the process of uploading to youtube because my computer is stupid and likes to not run Final Cut properly, so I wasn't able to get it up in time. Expect it soonish.

Matt7187

@JokersWild and @IDInstitute I have a blog posted to my Signature. If you have any ideas for things you would like to see, I plan on doing an itinerary post, What I take post, Fixing my bookbag post.. ETC.
Even though I'm not one of them, but I think it would be cool to see you compare the DL version of rides to WDW versions and which you like better

Vipraa

The ride system for our attraction is rather unique. While utilizing a system similar to the EMV ride system found in attractions such as Indiana Jones Adventure, and Dinosaur, the real innovation comes from the ride vehicle itself. Each ride vehicle is actually its own mini theatre, putting guests right in the middle of the action through use of various in-vehicle effects.

The windows are not screens. They are windows. Guests are fully enclosed inside because it would allow for more complicated and scene-encompassing effects. Going by what we've written, actually now that I think of it, I don't believe there would be any screens in the attraction at all.

Ok that makes more sense. The whole line of each carriage is its own theater threw me for the loop with in vehicle effects and such. It makes it seem similar to Hogwarts Express with Screens for windows

tcool

Team Oswald
I like the story of Rocksburg and how the settlers came to be in harmony with the Native Americans. The Map is Excellent and I like how you fixed a major bottleneck by connecting it back to the main path. I like the trackless dark ride in theory but it doesn't seem exciting enough to me. Lots of script but not a lot of ride details. I like the Lunch/ Dinner Show but again i wish i had more details. I don't think Frontierland needs another coaster and I have my issues with Motorbike coasters at Disney because in my opinion they are not accessible enough. If people complain about 7DMT being tight then how are we going to fit the 300+ pound ECV riding guests on a straddle coaster with a rear restraint. Sals Saloon Seems like a rehash of Pecos and I don't know if we need this many more stores in Frontierland. Great presentation but i wish there was more detail on some of it.
I don't see the issue with too many coasters in one land. Fantasyland has two roller coasters (albeit there both Family Coasters like the one we suggested to add). Pecos Bill serves burgers it also doesn't provide any entertainment. Sal's has BBQ we didn't say they served burgers, and provides entertainment. It you were to compare menus then compare it too Flame Tree at AK. The store isn't three separate stores it's one big store with three different areas of themeing similar to the Main Street Emporium or World of Disney.

TheOriginalTiki

So I was fairly surprised (in a good way).... Ant Man was great!

Yea, it was cut from the same cloth as Guardians. The most surprising thing about it for me as a massive Edgar Wright fan was how much of his sensibilities were still in tact with the movie. The way Michael Pena tells his stories with the different people lip syncing is straight out of what you'd see in the Cornetto trilogy.

I think the only thing Wright wouldn't have approved of was how Stark and Falcon tie into the plot

spacemt354

Chili's
Yea, it was cut from the same cloth as Guardians. The most surprising thing about it for me as a massive Edgar Wright fan was how much of his sensibilities were still in tact with the movie. The way Michael Pena tells his stories with the different people lip syncing is straight out of what you'd see in the Cornetto trilogy.

I think the only thing Wright wouldn't have approved of was how Stark and Falcon tie into the plot
Pretty sure that was one of the reasons he left the project due to creative differences. It was originally supposed to be made back in 2008 with iron man and the incredible hulk, but it got pushed back to now. His version, albeit probably pretty awesome, was more of its own thing like the late 2000s version could have been

JokersWild

So, here's the score to Team Mickey's attraction. It doesn't have quite the meaning it would if it had been posted with the project, but this will have to do. Just as a bit of info, the score is made up entirely of Aaron Copland pieces. The video goes through the attraction, giving a taste as to what the attraction may have sounded like if it was arranged by a person without any idea of flow and proper key changes.

Apologies for it's crudity (-insert Doc Brown quote here-), but it was a bit of a rush job to get it up in time to post with the project, which obviously didn't happen.

Track List
Overture/Load/Majesty of the Sierras - Appalachian Spring
Donner Pass/ Blizzard Canyon - Third Symphony, Molto Moderato
Wagon Graveyard/ Cannibals - Symphony for Organ and Orchestra
Snowmelt/ Calm Before the Storm/ The Storm - Clarinet Concerto
Ambush/ The Storm Worsens - Billy The Kid: Gun Battle
Nighttime - Clarinet Concerto
The Mining Town/ Unload - Hoedown

Enjoy.

spacemt354

Chili's
So, here's the score to Team Mickey's attraction. It doesn't have quite the meaning it would if it had been posted with the project, but this will have to do. Just as a bit of info, the score is made up entirely of Aaron Copland pieces. The video goes through the attraction, giving a taste as to what the attraction may have sounded like if it was arranged by a person without any idea of flow and proper key changes.

Apologies for it's crudity (-insert Doc Brown quote here-), but it was a bit of a rush job to get it up in time to post with the project, which obviously didn't happen.

Track List
Overture/Load/Majesty of the Sierras - Appalachian Spring
Donner Pass/ Blizzard Canyon - Third Symphony, Molto Moderato
Wagon Graveyard/ Cannibals - Symphony for Organ and Orchestra
Snowmelt/ Calm Before the Storm/ The Storm - Clarinet Concerto
Ambush/ The Storm Worsens - Billy The Kid: Gun Battle
Nighttime - Clarinet Concerto
The Mining Town/ Unload - Hoedown

Enjoy.

I feel like I'm sitting in the Wilderness Lodge;)

Edit: and apparently that was my 2,000th post - good one!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom