Good one DSquared.

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 3 Imagineer's Council
Results

@Perry2x2

4 Votes @Perry2x2 and 1 Vote @TheOriginalTiki... 1 Vote Left

@Perry2x2, the tribe has spoken.

You will be sent to Redemption Island where you will receive a shot at redemption.
tumblr_ncqyepIoOL1sqbiv1o1_500.gif

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 4
A Boisterous Board

Welcome to Episode 4 of The Sole Imagineer Season 2: Redemption Island!

gettyimages-145761334.jpg

For this episode, we're be planning for the future! We'll be assuming the roles of various executives in the Disney company, trying to expand, refurbish and add magic to the Disney parks around the world!

This episode will consist of:

- Redemption Duel
- Twist
- Immunity Challenge
- Project Veto Challenge
- Imagineer's Council

Imagineers Ready? GO!

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 4 Redemption Duel
1 Billion Bills

Welcome to this season's second Redemption Duel!

disneyland.jpg

Now, introducing the players of this Redemption Duel:
@DSquared
and @Perry2x2, voted out at the last Imagineer's Council.

We all know Disney has said that they will spend 1 billion dollars at the Disneyland Resort over the next several years. For this Redemption Duel, our castaways must spend that 1 billion dollars in a new way. No Star Wars Land or Marvel Lands, as that's already been approved by WDI/the Board. For this challenge, you'll be budgeting your money for multiple expansions. No need to go into too much detail, just an overview of your expansions and how much each one will cost. Remember not to go over budget!

Episode 4 Redemption Duel will be due Sunday, January 31st at 11:00 AM EST. You may use no more than 15 photos and must have at least 5 sentences.

RMichael21

Original Poster

DSquared

Episode 4 Redemption Duel:

Disney has confirmed that they will spend 1 billion dollars in the Disneyland Resort in the coming years. In this scenario, we take a look at possible expansions of the resort, but with the twist of assuming the Star Wars and Marvel plans never took shape.

Let's start off at Disneyland Park, the happiest place on earth.
th

Disneyland Park is one of the best theme parks in the world period. But, it seems to be slightly losing it's IP appeal to younger children. The main reason for this is how many of the attractions and IPs are from the 90's and back. To appeal to the next generation, Fantasyland needs an 'upgrade'.

frozen-ever-after-ride-620x250.jpg

Frozen Ever After is in short a permanent overlay of the Maelstrom being built in EPCOT, only completely different. When being brought to Fantasyland, the ride will get a much more predominate place, with the construction of a smaller Arendelle Castle. Then, guests hop on boats and join their Frozen friends on a new adventure.

This map shows the estimated construction, with the yellow representing the pathway, the blue representing the castle and attraction, and the green representing scenery to be added to separate the castle from Big Thunder Ranch.

TSI Frozen Map.jpg

Another change to Disneyland would be in Tomorrowland, getting rid of an attraction hated by many. Yes, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage.
th

This is an attraction that isn't hated for being bad, but for replacing something else. 20000 Leagues Under the Sea Submarines were one of the classic Walt rides, and should remain in Disneyland. After all, the park was the first Disneyland, and should try it's hardest to celebrate the park creator. My suggestion is that the attraction be reverted back to original form, only with more creatures to see.

Since Disneyland is almost perfect, and also under tight space constrictions, these are the only two changes that will be made to the park.

Moving on to Disney's California Adventure.
6812688089_3f50886f09_z.jpg

Many people saw the huge renovation as an almost perfect fix to the park, but I see more flaws in the park.

The first 'issue' is in Condor Flats. One attraction (Soarin'), and accompanying restaurant is not a land. It's simply not enough. Directly across from the attraction though, is a patch of unused space between DCA and The Grand Californian Hotel.
Condor Flats TSI.jpg

To keep with the literal themeing of condors, and aviation Condor Flight will be a live bird show showcasing condors native to the California area. The attraction would also serve as a nice transition to the nature oriented Grizzly Peak.

Next, A Bugs Land should be replaced. Nothing else to be said.
Bugs Land TSI.jpg

To better fit with Tower of Terror across the street, A Bug's Land and ToT become Nightmare Alley. The black represents new paths, the purple is Paranormalville Adventures (a dark ride going through a haunted town. Similar to Mystic Manor in technology), yellow is Jack's Festival of Frights(Nightmare Before Christmas Kuka Arm ride), white is Sally's Kitchen restaurant, green is The Paranormalville Diner, and red is new scenery added to the land.

So that's it. Any extra money would go to backstage, Downtown Disney renovations too specific and uncertain to guess, and other things like bathrooms.

Now, the pricetag:

Frozen Ever After - 300 million
20000 Leagues - 75 million
Condor Flight - 50 million
Nightmare Alley - 500 million

I hope you all enjoyed the new Disneyland Resort!

Jack Pumpkinhead

Episode 4 Redemption Duel:

Disney has confirmed that they will spend 1 billion dollars in the Disneyland Resort in the coming years. In this scenario, we take a look at possible expansions of the resort, but with the twist of assuming the Star Wars and Marvel plans never took shape.

Let's start off at Disneyland Park, the happiest place on earth.
th

Disneyland Park is one of the best theme parks in the world period. But, it seems to be slightly losing it's IP appeal to younger children. The main reason for this is how many of the attractions and IPs are from the 90's and back. To appeal to the next generation, Fantasyland needs an 'upgrade'.

frozen-ever-after-ride-620x250.jpg

Frozen Ever After is in short a permanent overlay of the Maelstrom being built in EPCOT, only completely different. When being brought to Fantasyland, the ride will get a much more predominate place, with the construction of a smaller Arendelle Castle. Then, guests hop on boats and join their Frozen friends on a new adventure.

This map shows the estimated construction, with the yellow representing the pathway, the blue representing the castle and attraction, and the green representing scenery to be added to separate the castle from Big Thunder Ranch.

View attachment 128594
Another change to Disneyland would be in Tomorrowland, getting rid of an attraction hated by many. Yes, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage.
th

This is an attraction that isn't hated for being bad, but for replacing something else. 20000 Leagues Under the Sea Submarines were one of the classic Walt rides, and should remain in Disneyland. After all, the park was the first Disneyland, and should try it's hardest to celebrate the park creator. My suggestion is that the attraction be reverted back to original form, only with more creatures to see.

Since Disneyland is almost perfect, and also under tight space constrictions, these are the only two changes that will be made to the park.

Moving on to Disney's California Adventure.
6812688089_3f50886f09_z.jpg

Many people saw the huge renovation as an almost perfect fix to the park, but I see more flaws in the park.

The first 'issue' is in Condor Flats. One attraction (Soarin'), and accompanying restaurant is not a land. It's simply not enough. Directly across from the attraction though, is a patch of unused space between DCA and The Grand Californian Hotel.
View attachment 128577
To keep with the literal themeing of condors, and aviation Condor Flight will be a live bird show showcasing condors native to the California area. The attraction would also serve as a nice transition to the nature oriented Grizzly Peak.

Next, A Bugs Land should be replaced. Nothing else to be said.
View attachment 128592
To better fit with Tower of Terror across the street, A Bug's Land and ToT become Nightmare Alley. The black represents new paths, the purple is Paranormalville Adventures (a dark ride going through a haunted town. Similar to Mystic Manor in technology), yellow is Jack's Festival of Frights(Nightmare Before Christmas Kuka Arm ride), white is Sally's Kitchen restaurant, green is The Paranormalville Diner, and red is new scenery added to the land.

So that's it. Any extra money would go to backstage, Downtown Disney renovations too specific and uncertain to guess, and other things like bathrooms.

Now, the pricetag:

Frozen Ever After - 300 million
20000 Leagues - 75 million
Condor Flight - 50 million
Nightmare Alley - 500 million

I hope you all enjoyed the new Disneyland Resort!
Now I may not part of the Redeption Island Challenge nor am I one of the critics here, but I really need to point out that last year, Condor Flats was rethemed to Grizzly Peak Airfield, as a subarea for it's neighboring land, Grizzly Peak. Other than that, good job.

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 4 Redemption Duel
Critiques

@DSquared

Great concept DSquared! Let's pick apart your proposal. First of all, Disneyland can do better than Frozen Ever After. It's a somewhat cheap overlay ride of Maelstrom. I'd like to see a proper Frozen expansion at Disneyland with all of Arendelle, including shops and restaurants. Also, the submarines aren't exactly hated. In fact, the line is always long. It's problem is it's capacity, not the ride itself. I see Finding Nemo being a MUCH bigger draw than it's original form, to be honest. If you're going to send Nemo packing, I would have liked to see you include a new E-Ticket. As for "Condor Flats", as @Simon Sulk mentioned, it's no longer Condor Flats. About a year ago, they closed it and re-themed it to "Grizzly Peaks Airfield", therefore making your addition irrelevant. Finally, while I really like the idea of Paranormalville, how the heck does that fit in with California? You can argue that Bugsland doesn't fit in either, but it actually blends well with the environment. If you really wanted to include Paranormalville, you should have put it as a subland of Hollywood land. In fact, I was hoping you'd do something will Hollywoodland. That's the area of the park that really needs the most help.​

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 4 Immunity Challenge
The Fantastic Five

Once again, immunity is back up for grabs...

PathfinderMap.jpg

For this challenge, our new tribes will need to create 5 new projects/concepts for 5 Disney Resorts world wide. You will assume the role of Disney's Board of Directors, as you will be "green-lighting" 5 projects. You may choose to create a concept for:

- Walt Disney World
- Disneyland Resort
- Disneyland Paris
- Tokyo Disneyland
- Hong Kong Disneylnd
- Shanghai Disneyland
- Aulani: A Disney Resort and Spa

You can do anything at any of these resorts. However, only one concept per resort, please. This means you will choose 5 out of the 7 listed resorts and create something for each (that means that if you choose WDW, you'll only create a concept for 1 park, etc). However, each concept for each resort must include more than 1 experience (i.e. more than 1 attraction, restaurant or shop). That's it! The rest is up to you!

Episode 4 Immunity Challenge is due Thursday, February 11th at 7:00 PM EST. You may use however many photos you'd like and must have at least 5 sentences. You will create your concepts in PM's that I will create and watch over.

Imagineers Ready? GO!

Last edited:

TheOriginalTiki

I'll be going live with @MonorailRed for the third episode of this season's "Tribal Council" podcast, entitled "Tiki...LITERALLY Carrying The Tribe on His Back!"

The title is an obscure Survivor reference to the main show's Redemption Island season where Probst gives perhaps the most over the top praise of a challenge performance ever at the 3:36 mark.

"BOSTON ROB, LITERALLY CARRYING HIS FAMILY ON HIS BACK!!!!11!!ONE!!11!!!1!"

DinoInstitute

I'll be going live with @MonorailRed for the third episode of this season's "Tribal Council" podcast, entitled "Tiki...LITERALLY Carrying The Tribe on His Back!"

The title is an obscure Survivor reference to the main show's Redemption Island season where Probst gives perhaps the most over the top praise of a challenge performance ever at the 3:36 mark.

"BOSTON ROB, LITERALLY CARRYING HIS FAMILY ON HIS BACK!!!!11!!ONE!!11!!!1!"

:p:hilarious:
If only Savage made that final 6 challenge...;)

Honestly all of the tribal council show names from here on out should be obscure references like that :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom