The pricing for Disneyland Resorts!!!

zoenaveau

Original Poster
I'm from Perth, Western Australia which is one of the most expensive cities in the world to live in at the moment because of the mining boom. Which is why I LOVE the states because it is just so CHEAP! It is cheaper to fly return to America than it is one way to Sydney in Australia!!!

But for the first time I am looking at the prices of staying at WDW, and I have to say...it is criminal how expensive it is! It is showing the GF resort as $500 a night!? I'm scared as to what that will transfer into Aussie dollars :/ Cannot fathom how struggling families (especially in your weak economy) can afford it!

Therefore....after my little rant....which would be the best MIDDLE range resort on site? And does anyone think it worth staying offsite when I'm coming all the way to florida to have the disney experience?

seahawk7

Middle range would be classified a moderate resort. It is worth it to stay on property if you want to be immersed in the Disney environment. I would look at the Port Orleans French Quarter or Riverside resorts. They are very nice and the best of the moderate resorts.

stevehousse

Are u talking about Disneyland or Disney world? GF I'm assuming is te grand Floridian u r referring to, which yes is very expensive...u can easily find Disney hotels for $125-250 American dollars at their value and moderate resorts. However, if u r referring to the Grand Californian or the other 2 Disneyland hotels, they r only deluxe their so the prices are a bit more expensive...

Nextinline

If the disney experience is a priority, I would definitely stay on property. Riverside, French Quarter, & Coronado Springs are all good choices. & remember that they are resorts. Don't be afraid to spend a little time enjoying them!

ToTBellHop

Not for nothing, "struggling families" in our weak economy do not stay at Grand Floridian. Luckily for Disney, not everyone is struggling.

Deluxes are very expensive. But you are paying for something--better amenities, and, in my mind, a better crowd. To some, it's worth that. Others need nothing more than a pop culture themed motel with a good number of low-brow folks (not everyone, to be sure; just a noticeably higher proportion) who rough-house in the pool and obnoxiously save tables at the food court and cut in line at the bus stop (requiring chained queues). To each, their own. I'm willing to save up for a better experience. Others are "just looking for a bed."

Jennifer66

Off property is cheaper, but many like the Disney "bubble" of staying on site. Check out the Swan and Dolphin--they are on Disney property, but owned by Starwood resorts. You get many of the same perks as Disney properties (extra magic hours, 60 day FP+ booking, on site transportation! but no magical express, dining plan, or charging to room), plus you can walk to both Epcot and the Studios. Definitely worth checking out.

KingdomofDreams

There is a definite benefit to staying onsite. No doubt you can stay at a quality non-Disney owned hotel for much less though. The Disney resorts are outrageously overpriced. We always stay onsite but refuse to pay rack rate. With a 30% or more discount, the rates are a bit more reasonable.

I agree with others who suggested Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge in the deluxe category. Both are spectacular in theming and really immerse you in the Disney magic in a beautiful and tasteful way. Animal Kingdom Lodge is our personal favorite and where we always stay. For something less costly, I also think French Quarter/Riverside and Swan/Dolphin are worthy of consideration.

MarieTA

Staying at GF is like staying at a fabulous beachfront resort, so you pay the price that reflects the resort and its location. As others said, struggling families don't stay at deluxe resorts, and most don't visit DW at all. POFQ,POR, WL and AKL are great options to get the full Disney experience and perks, but there are also value resorts at cheaper prices with the same onsite perks. Dolphin/Swan gets many onsite perks as well, and there's also Hilton Bonnet Creek. Coming so far, you may not want the hassle of staying offsite, renting a car, dealing with traffic, paying for parking, etc.

When do you think you would travel? Discounts are offered much of the year and not just during low season. 2015 packages should be released this month at rack rate. You can make a reservation, then get any subsequent discount applied after the fact.

ps vacationed at Aulani last month and chatted with several Aussies!

BuddyThomas

Not for nothing, "struggling families" in our weak economy do not stay at Grand Floridian. Luckily for Disney, not everyone is struggling.

Deluxes are very expensive. But you are paying for something--better amenities, and, in my mind, a better crowd. To some, it's worth that. Others need nothing more than a pop culture themed motel with a good number of low-brow folks (not everyone, to be sure; just a noticeably higher proportion) who rough-house in the pool and obnoxiously save tables at the food court and cut in line at the bus stop (requiring chained queues). To each, their own. I'm willing to save up for a better experience. Others are "just looking for a bed."
Generalize much?

Some of the biggest jerks I have ever met in my life have been of the wealthy variety If you watch any sort of "reality" tv, you will encounter wealthy jerks on a regular basis.

Just because you are struggling financially does not mean you are low brow and that you are saving tables, cutting lines and rough housing, etc.

I've stayed at the All Stars, the moderates, and several deluxes, and there is obnoxious behavior, as well as good behavior everywhere.

Stereotyping is really not helpful, in general.

slappy magoo

"A better crowd?"
Ick.

slappy magoo

Generalize much?

Some of the biggest jerks I have ever met in my life have been of the wealthy variety If you watch any sort of "reality" tv, you will encounter wealthy jerks on a regular basis.

Just because you are struggling financially does not mean you are low brow and that you are saving tables, cutting lines and rough housing, etc.

I've stayed at the All Stars, the moderates, and several deluxes, and there is obnoxious behavior, as well as good behavior everywhere.

Stereotyping is really not helpful, in general.
Fine sentiment but as a rule, never use anything you see on "reality tv" as representative of anything else except how stupid reality tv can be. There is nothing that is not contrived on most reality tv.

BuddyThomas

"A better crowd?"
Ick.
My thoughts exactly. You usually are required to be wearing a $900,000 gown (or tux) that you purchased with, you know, your mad money, while clutching your pedigree yap dog in your Prada purse and balancing a top shelf martini in your perfectly manicured other hand before you make a comment like that out of plumped plastic lips.
;)

slappy magoo

I would also suggest Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge as amongst the best resorts on property, with a much lower price tag for the most part than Grand Floridian.

Aside from the spiel about "Disney Magic," staying on site also affords you better transportation to the Disney Parks without renting your own car or getting taxis everywhere. And of course if you rent a car you also pay daily parking fees.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom