The Park Formerly Known as Disney's Hollywood Studios? Yep ...

the.dreamfinder

Does this mean we'll get a state of the art Mary Poppins E-Ticket to replace the GMR?! BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT I'M GETTING OUT OF THIS
tonybaxter.png

Too bad they FIRED me!!

Goofyernmost

Two extremely weak icons. Nowhere near the level of the Castle, SSE or the Tree Of Life. One is a replication of an already existing movie theatre and in no way representative of an original Disney structure. The second is barely visible and cliché of a "studio" - something that they are finally completely backing away from.
They might have been weak but not in connection with the original concept of DisneyMGM Studios. The Water Tower was a strong Icon or at least as strong as a big blue hat with pin sales it's only draw. It's all speculation anyway, we still don't know what the overall theme of the park will be. It might not even mention Hollywood for all we know.

Jose

Changes coming:
- TSM expanded
- TSPlayland clone from Paris
- Clone of CarsLand from California (at least RSR)
- New Fantasmic
- New coaster (Crush's Coaster clone from Paris or a new Monsters based coaster)
- New shows of Tangled and Frozen coming to replace BaTB and VoTLM
- Star Wars Land

MerlinTheGoat

Changes coming:
- TSM expanded
- New Fantasmic
- New coaster (Crush's Coaster clone from Paris or a new Monsters based coaster)
- Star Wars Land
tumblr_n0lptciLqT1scwli8o1_400.gif

Much of this has basically been rumored already, but if you actually got real confirmation from somewhere... Assuming this has any basis in reality, I wonder if Cars Land (or at least RSR) will be built without any cuts. There's no telling what Star Wars could contain. First i've heard of a Fantasmic replacement though, still seems to draw immense crowds and i'm not sure if they'd bother replacing it given its popularity. No interest at all in the Toy Story related stuff (I like Toy Story a lot but both Midway Mania and Playland are very bleh).

Last edited:

twebber55

Changes coming:
- TSM expanded
- New Fantasmic
- Star Wars Land
seems like a lot

Crazydisneyfanluke

Changes coming:
- TSM expanded
- New Fantasmic
- Star Wars Land
Could they just be updating fantasmic to include newer movies?

G00fyDad

Hasn't this already been debunked? Something to do with the rain that Florida gets making it less than feasible. I mean, isn't that why Mad Hatter's Tea Party has a roof in Florida and not in California? RSR in Florida would be a bad idea.

MerlinTheGoat

Hasn't this already been debunked? Something to do with the rain that Florida gets making it less than feasible. I mean, isn't that why Mad Hatter's Tea Party has a roof in Florida and not in California? RSR in Florida would be a bad idea.
I don't see why it would be a problem. RSR has been an on-off pitch for the past couple of years since the DHS rumors began (before Disney bought Star Wars). Test Track is exposed to the elements and that's the same ride system.

Oriolesmagic

Seeing as essentially every attraction at Hollywood Studios is an indoor attraction. I don't think they would be hurting too much if RSR had to close when it rained.

EPCOT is the same way, granted, it is a much larger park. But if all (or some) of these expansions do end up happening, it would do a lot to rectify that.

MerlinTheGoat

Maybe I am just tired. What does that mean?
Meaning that Cars Land has been a rumored expansion for Hollywood Studios for a while now, I think the rumors began back in 2012.

No. Test Track only has the last section of the track exposed. AND they do close it when it rains.
I know, I was referring to the last section. It's not dissimilar to RSR, which has a lengthy indoor portion and then a racing part outside (longer ride I believe than Test Track but both still are a hybrid of indoor and outside portions).

I think there are other outdoor attractions sometimes closed temporarily when it rains, pretty sure Test Track isn't the only one of the bunch. It's unlikely to stop them from building this ride. Rain is common in Florida and can be very heavy, but it's not that often where it's an all day affair.

G00fyDad

Meaning that Cars Land has been a rumored expansion for Hollywood Studios for a while now, I think the rumors began back in 2012.

I know, I was referring to the last section. It's not dissimilar to RSR, which has a lengthy indoor portion and then a racing part outside (longer ride I believe than Test Track but both still are a hybrid of indoor and outside portions).

I think there are other outdoor attractions sometimes closed temporarily when it rains, pretty sure Test Track isn't the only one of the bunch. It's unlikely to stop them from building this ride. Rain is common in Florida and can be very heavy, but it's not that often where it's an all day affair.

I get what you're saying, and I am not disagreeing. I just seem to remember one of the "in the know" people here saying something about TDO not wanting to fork out the money for a ride that will be out of service as much as that one would during the rainy times of the year.

Bairstow

Could they build an all-indoor version of Radiator Springs Racers that ends with a high speed lap of the building, maybe on a different floor?
If it were all indoors, it would "fix" the weird quirk of the California version where it can be bright daylight outside but it's always "night" at Radiator Springs indoors.

MerlinTheGoat

Honestly I can't help but feel like an all-indoor version of RSR would be impossible to pull off without feeling neutered and downgraded. The ride really relies on its fantastic outside scenery and rockwork for a sense of scale and grandeur. Something I just cannot see able to properly scale down to purely internal show scenes.

Bairstow

Honestly I can't help but feel like an all-indoor version of RSR would be impossible to pull off without feeling neutered and downgraded. The ride really relies on its fantastic outside scenery and rockwork for a sense of scale and grandeur. Something I just cannot see able to properly scale down to purely internal show scenes.

Wouldn't be any grandeur in an indoor version.
You'd have to just go for all-out speed and excitement.
Since it would likely be set at night, the driving sequence before you get to the figures in the town would probably be shortened or more focused on things popping up/whizzing by the car, Rockin' Rollercoaster style.
Same goes for the finale race, which could still be a lot of fun if it's fast enough- maybe put it on a "speedway" with "retaining walls" on the outside and projection or stacks of tires on the inside.
Even if it's not as impressive to look at as the California version, if they can get the vehicles up to a good speed it would seem like a heck of a ride- closer confines would enhance the riders' sense of speed.

Like this:

RSoxNo1

Adventureland - if they reworked Jungle Cruise and the backstage areas... Fire Mountain, Indiana Jones Adventure and an Aladdin mini-land could probably all fit in. It'd get rid of the crowded Carpets area, give Adventureland its own mountain and allow Star Wars to take over the Indy stunt show building (new show of course). 3 (Carpets aren't new)

Frontierland - Assuming they fix the bottleneck by Big Thunder and possibly rework backstage, utilidors and RoA... I could see a family dark ride and an E-ticket. 2

Liberty Square - reworking RoA/TSI might allow some sort of new attraction. 1

Fantasyland - Using the new section of Frontierland and reworked backstage space behind IASW/Mermaid, I could see Neverland, Wonderland, Bald Mountain, something themed to Jack and the Beanstalk (seems perfect for ToT 2.0 IMO), Pleasure Island and a B&TB dark ride all fitting. Not to mention a fully realized Dumbo's Circus once Barnstormer is relocated (rethemed to Caterpillar). 100 Acre Wood gets a mini-land. Speedway is bulldozed to end theme intrusion. A Mary Poppins dark ride takes over PPF's old building. Philharmagic stays. Princess Fairytale Hall relocated, and a Sleeping Beauty/Maleficent dark ride takes its place. 10-12

Tomorrowland -
bulldoze the Speedway and build behind it and Space Mountain... might even be able to fit something by CoP. 4-5

20-23
is about the maximum I could see in terms of actually adding attractions to MK.

Of course this is really off-topic lol :Dback to DHS
Count me amongst those that wants to see a Speedway type attraction in DHS/DHA with a Cars theme. I feel that the real estate that close to Fantasyland is too valuable for that type of attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom