The One Resort That Will Always hold That SPECIAL spot in Your Heart! YOUR FAVORITE R

MIKETFROMRI

Family has stayed at many, many resorts over the years. Still a few we havent ( GF,Saratoga,..thats it!) but the one that will always be our favorite, although now its tougher to afford, is definitly The Polynesian.
To us, being one of the "original" 2 resorts at WDW and where we stayed for our honeymoon..it will alays hold a special spot in our hearts for many other reasons.
1...for reasons stated previously ( Honeymmon)
2...One of Original Resorts
3...Location, Location....Best view of Magic Kingdom, especially on the beach
4...Bay Lake....something bout serenity of Bay Lake that is so nice
5...Captain Cooks...yes capt Cooks...we have so many memories of late night snacks,ice cream etc there when kids were young
6...Monorail....PERFECT...5 minutes to MK....nice loop ride too
7...Memories of kids dancing on stage(hoola) at Mickeys Tropical Revue
8...The calmness of the south pacific music softly playing throughout..ahhh
9... LOVE the boat ride to MK...one of our favorite modes of transportation

NOW...IF WE COULD ONLY AFFORD TO GO BACK !!!!!!!

jenji124

Carribean Beach is the resort that is special to me. It was the first resort I stayed at as a little girl and we took several trip back there. My grandparents also came with us a couple times. That is the resort that I will always have the best and first memories of being at Disney.

Upvote 0

MickeyPeace

Polynesian is my favorite. Although I've never stayed there, I have eaten there, shopped there, seen Spirit of Aloha many times and taken out watercraft on Seven Seas Lagoon. I hope to stay there in 2012.

I love the Dolphin and have stayed there most.

Coronado Springs is pretty great too.

Upvote 0

Skibum1970

The Wilderness Lodge. From the beautiful lobby with the fireplace to all of the ambience created throughout the area, it is our favorite by far. The boats that go between the resorts and the boats that travel directly to the Magic Kingdom are a great way to spend some relaxing time on the lagoon. The Electric Water Parade wraps up a wonderful day and we could watch the Magic Kingdom's closing fireworks from our balcony. The piped in sound of crickets is just more of the Disney magic. Of the resorts that we have visited or stayed at, WL is the one that makes us feel truly transported to a magical place. Hopefully, we'll get there for Christmas next year or the year after.

Upvote 0

jmargarone27

You may be surprised...

My all-time favorite is.... the Grand Floridian! I just love it, and it was the first resort my parents ever took me to when I was little. It's the best:)

Upvote 0

accord99cutie

Premium Member
Coronado Springs holds that special place in my heart :) Granted we have never had the chance to stay at a Deluxe yet, we just can't seem to be able to spend the extra money for location and a few more square feet. CSR was the first resort I stayed at in Disney. Me and my DH stayed there twice just the two of us, and then brought DD with us there for her first trip. We tried POR once because CSR was booked and totally regretted it. Just not our style. We can listen to frogs, and look at rivers any day of the year! So we went back to CSR on our last trip :) We love everything about the place, the night time walks, the early morning walks, the pool, etc. I don't think we will stay at any other resort until we can justify the added expense to go Deluxe, and even then, CSR will always hold our number one spot in our hearts!! :D

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

CARIBBEAN BEACH!!

My sister and I literally grew up there. We were 6 and 5 when we first went to Disney back in '88, and we stayed at CBR. We didn't go back until Easter
'91, but we stayed at Caribbean Beach every Easter until 2001, for a solid 10 years, and then Christmas of 2002.

In '94 and '97, we did the BIG family trip, with 8 rooms in our party.

It was incredible. We saw the Resort change, some for the good and some not so good, but it will always be a special place for my family.

The first time we were able to explore on our own, chasing the lizards all around, running to that darn Aruba bus stop when you see the bus already there, the pool, the bike and boat rentals, it was such a fun place to be. Very fond memories.

Now our favorite Resort is Yacht Club, but Caribbean Beach will always be the sentimental favorite.

Upvote 0

jayhawkmickey

POR is my favorite because it was me and my wife's honeymoon resort. It's so quiet, and beautiful. I also love the boats to DTD, they are so preferable compared to the busses. Fav by far!

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

Dif The Wilderness Lodge, it was the first on property resort I stayed at. So for that reason alone it will always hold that special place. And while I have stayed at several since, and have enjoyed myself. It is the Wilderness that I love.....

Upvote 0
Old Key West is by far my favorite.:D It is practically where I grew up as a kid. It was also my grandpa's favorite and he is the reason for my Disney Magic. Wilderness Lodge comes in second, it remind me of the North Shore in Minnesota :D

Upvote 0

fredtom

Family has stayed at many, many resorts over the years. Still a few we havent ( GF,Saratoga,..thats it!) but the one that will always be our favorite, although now its tougher to afford, is definitly The Polynesian.
To us, being one of the "original" 2 resorts at WDW and where we stayed for our honeymoon..it will alays hold a special spot in our hearts for many other reasons.
1...for reasons stated previously ( Honeymmon)
2...One of Original Resorts
3...Location, Location....Best view of Magic Kingdom, especially on the beach
4...Bay Lake....something bout serenity of Bay Lake that is so nice

Although I love many of the WDW resorts, I think the Poly is still the most meaningful to me. It's certainly the most romantic with its south seas feel, and I love the way the GCH smells.

By the way, the Poly is on Seven Seas Lagoon, not Bay Lake.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

Upvote 0

Tomi-Rocket

easy peasy....

My choice is an easy one also - The Grand Floridian. My DH and I were married there and honeymooned there in '94 and then went back with our two boys in '09 for our 15th anniversary trip. Both trips were close to perfect for us so hands down that is my choice.

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

Have to go with Wilderness Lodge. Best overall theme, etc. You've seen the many reasons listed already.

Also have warm place for CBR, (first on-site hotel), the Contemporary, just something about the Monorail rolling through (gliding, actually), and Grand Floridian.

Have also been in All-Star Sports, All-Star Music and Pop Century and they are fine, but WL is at the top of the charts!

Upvote 0

disneylemons

I can't decide between Poly and WLodge..even when I make reservations I have trouble deciding..ha so I usually let someone else vote.. we have stayed at many of the resorts but they both are special..
Poly - we stay at the conceriege wing with the water view so at night it is so relaxing to watch the water parade outside your room.. love the relaxing music and the pool is great.. esp when you come in late and the ducks are walking all around, etc.. almost forgot Kona Cafe!

WL - we are just outdoorsy and love the theme.. love taking the boats - Whispering Canyon..and the music there also

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Polynesian and Wilderness Lodge are my favorite resorts now, but All Star Movies was always have a place in my heart. It was the resort I always stayed at with my friends when all we could afford to stay on site was a Value. And still, to this day, has the most relaxing, friendliest bar of any of the resorts. Food Court is the best and the themeing is pure Disney. Sadly, the rooms are just too darn small.

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

I have three:
Polynesian as it was the place I stayed when I was a kid with my parents. You could swim in the lake back then. Stayed there last december, great resort still, but needs some updating. Just love the feel of the place and the grounds. It all works.

POP. this was the place for my wifes first trip. It was all about being at Disney! And it was Christmas time too! Bonus. We loved this place, but hated the bussing. But our first trip together made that extinct.

And now to our all time favorite, The Grand Floridian! This place is more Disney than most would think. It's everywhere. The movie by the pool, the waterslide, the rooms, the beach, the views, monorails, restaurants, and impeccable service. If you want an all around experience, this is the place.

While we have been numerous times at numerous resorts, the one that puts it all together is The Grand Floridian!!!! Home.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom