The One Resort That Will Always hold That SPECIAL spot in Your Heart! YOUR FAVORITE R

MIKETFROMRI

Family has stayed at many, many resorts over the years. Still a few we havent ( GF,Saratoga,..thats it!) but the one that will always be our favorite, although now its tougher to afford, is definitly The Polynesian.
To us, being one of the "original" 2 resorts at WDW and where we stayed for our honeymoon..it will alays hold a special spot in our hearts for many other reasons.
1...for reasons stated previously ( Honeymmon)
2...One of Original Resorts
3...Location, Location....Best view of Magic Kingdom, especially on the beach
4...Bay Lake....something bout serenity of Bay Lake that is so nice
5...Captain Cooks...yes capt Cooks...we have so many memories of late night snacks,ice cream etc there when kids were young
6...Monorail....PERFECT...5 minutes to MK....nice loop ride too
7...Memories of kids dancing on stage(hoola) at Mickeys Tropical Revue
8...The calmness of the south pacific music softly playing throughout..ahhh
9... LOVE the boat ride to MK...one of our favorite modes of transportation

NOW...IF WE COULD ONLY AFFORD TO GO BACK !!!!!!!

The Empress Lilly

The Polynesian is awesome. Still the fairest of them all!

(And no oversized props in sight either!)

My two favourites are the Contemporary and the Poly. For mostly similar reasons: they have always been there. A sleek monorail silently gliding through the fourth floor of that massive indoor canyon - it doesn't get more Disney to me. It impressed me as a kid, and it impresses me as an adult now that I appreciate Mary Blair's mural.

Upvote 0

Ilovewishes

The Wilderness Lodge will always be my favourite.

It's beautiful to look at (just my cup of tea!) and it is the only Deluxe we have ever stayed at!

But the main reason(s) is that DH booked it as a surprise honeymoon for us and it was the first Disney hotel we ever stayed in. I just loved sitting on the balcony and watching the Wishes fireworks over the rooftop then waiting for the water pageant.

We're going back for a two week stay next year.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Jeff456

ASM :lookaroun I know it is not the best resort but as it was the first DIsney reort I went to there will always be some nostalgia there for me.

Upvote 0

The Disney Kid

We've stayed at several of the deluxe resorts, the Poly, Contemporary, Bay Lake Tower, and Boardwalk, but our favorite is the French Quarter. We like everything about it. It's size, the beauty of it's landscaping, the water taxi, music....Everything. The only thing missing is a quality restaurant. If they would just go ahead and build Tianas Place, I would move in down there!

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

We are Wilderness Lodge Fans with our runner up now being the Boardwalk Inn. We just love the homey feeling at the Lodge and being able to take the boat to the MK or the Contempary. Hoping to spend Chistmas there in 2012!!

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

I can't pick between the Wilderness Lodge and Contemporary.

The WL is my favorite because it was the first deluxe DH and I could afford; it was also DS's first ever Disney resort. I love the courtyard view, especially from my balcony with a cup of coffee. The Lodge is amazing and beautiful.

The Contemporary is DS's favorite resort. I have the most beautiful picture of him grabbing DH and laughing/clapping at the check-in desk. It melts my heart because DH told me his greatest dream as a kid was to stay at the Contemporary. Seeing him embrace DS at the check-in desk...:cry: It's like DH is giving DS the gift he could never have as a child. I also personally love the Contemporary.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Pors

Well for next year were booked into the PORS for our third visit from five vacations,the other two resorts were CBR and POFQ.We just fell in love with the mansion blds,the landscaping thing,infact everything.We did think about trying a deluxe next year,in particular WL,but the price difference for two weeks was almost £2000,(thats about $3500)and to be honest,were up at 6.30am and out of the hotel by 7.00am,so we dont spend much time in the room anyway,but hey!if i win the lottery,who knows.:lol:

Upvote 0

happymom52003

Wilderness Lodge! We took a break from the WL and stayed at the Poly three trips in a row, but then went back to the WL on our last trip and it made us realize how in love with it we are!

Upvote 0

bgraham34

Wilderness Lodge holds a special place in my heart. ITs the first resort my wife and I stayed at and we love it. So many memories there and we just love taking the boat to MK. This is the resort we feel like when staying there we are truly in Disney.

Upvote 0

melmood2000

CRB holds a special place in my heart, in 1998 my whole family aunts and uncles and cousins stayed here over christmas :xmas:. It was the first trip my parents let me and my cousin take the Disney busses around on our own. We would walk to port royal to get snacks and spent many afternoons chasing those little lizards they were every where.

Upvote 0

njDizFan

My favorite will always be AKL. Beautiful lobby area, great rooms, savannah, Vicoria Lounge, Fire pit...I could go on. It just seems so far removed from reality and so much different from my normal surroundings. It also boasts the best TS and buffet on property in my opinion.

Also a Port Orleans fan(was my first visit)

Upvote 0

worldfanatic

The Caribbean Beach Resort was my Walt Disney World Resort, back in 1991.
But it was the following year, 1992, at Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans Riverside) that I fell in love with WDW.
Of course, my wife and I's first visit together was at All Star Music.
And the Boardwalk Resort has been my favorite for several years now.

So what I'm trying to say is.....................I have no idea how to answer this.:veryconfu:animwink:

Upvote 0
I have stayed at several resorts, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, POFQ, All Star Sports, Movies, Music and Pop Century. Although I have stayed at several of those multiple times, my favorite is POFQ....and I have probably stayed there 15 times or more. I do love Wilderness Lodge but for the convenience and price, POFQ gets my vote for my favorite all time.

Upvote 0

93boomer

Premium Member
Our very first resort was CBR and since it was the first resort with our DD, it holds a very special place in my heart. Our close second is POR. We have stayed there many times with and without our DD. It is like "our" place when we go as a couple.

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

Animal Kingdom Lodge. It holds that magic for me when I remember the first time we opened the drapes and there were ankole cattle standing right outside our balcony. We were hooked. It became our favorite that day, that instant.

Upvote 0

acishere

Back when it was still called Dixie Landings I became a fan of POR. Just walking back from anywhere at night in the Bayou section among the landscaping and hearing frogs and crickets put it above the other places I've stayed at WDW (read: the value hotels).

Upvote 0
Absolutely the Wilderness Lodge!

The first resort that I ever stayed in, such great memories of being a kid again. Everytime I walk in I feel like it's that first trip again. Even the smell of the lobby just makes me feel like "I'm finally back, I'm finally here"

Best place in the world!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0
CBR is our favorite resort. Like everyone is saying, this is the first resort we ever stayed at and have stayed there everytime since. It just has that feeling of "we're back". :animwink:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom