The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History'

Cmdr_Crimson

Yeah, funny at the disbelief "bus driver rumors!!!" and then the rage at "IPs!!!" and "desecrating history!!!".

Anyways... I'm here to say that a call went out on the audition page today for more JJs (the human town crier of the show).

So... that's a sign the show will be staying around a while longer. Which, IMO, is great.

Would like to see more shows than just the 2 that they are using....Even JJ's in just one of the shows....I mean they at least could have 6 different skits...and Spice it up for the day...

Disney-Trains

Would like to see more shows than just the 2 that they are using....Even JJ's in just one of the shows....I mean they at least could have 6 different skits...and Spice it up for the day...

That's more rehersal time for everyone and that's more $$$.

JJ is equity, the puppeteers are not, so they can do more shows per day than JJ.

It's alllllll about the $$$. Ha.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Yeah, I agree. The Paul Revere one is, compared to the Declaration of Independence, a bit weak. Especially since the poem they're basing it on "The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere" is just plain bad and wrong historically. Any teacher caught teaching that today should be immediately fired. They hardly get through the poem (purposely because of the chaos), but then wrap it up with no real ending or lesson.

Disney-Trains

I'm not sure why a Muppets show about American History that's been specifically written around the buildings of Liberty Square and the Hall of Presidents would go on the ground in DHS.

The same show wouldn't... I meant a live Muppet show. Obviously the puppets and pupetters could be used in a different show. Remember... Disney does everything long term. This could be years down the road after Star Wars land opens to pull people into the Muppet courtyard.

Kind of similar to the rumor that Muppet mobile labs at EPCOT was a test for the courtyard in the future?

Just a thought I had...

FigmentJedi

I loved Muppets Most Wanted, but you are so right about how easy it is to mess up with The Muppets. I feel like Disney needs to learn this, and hire some people to steer the Muppet ship. They have their own little mythology and rules to them, and like Star Wars and Marvel, they should be overseen by someone, instead of being passed to different hands for each project.
Again, finish the job and buy out the rest of Henson. They get the funding to actually get new projects going and with the non-Sesame parts of Henson's legacy under one banner again, you might actually get some strong creative mojo flowing into the Muppets again.

That or let Frank Oz direct a new Muppets project considering how he keeps critiquing all of Disney's post-Segel efforts anyways.

Bacon

Sorry for the bump but I saw online that the last day on the schedule on the website is may 27th no more dates past then have been posted on the website

FoozieBear

Sorry for the bump but I saw online that the last day on the schedule on the website is may 27th no more dates past then have been posted on the website

This has seemed to happen quite a few times previously as Disney seems to only set the daily schedule only so far in advance and they add more as the date gets closer, which has been the case since the first two weeks of operation. My guess is that they set it only for a month at a time to check the availability of their performers as time progresses.

Princess Leia

I really wish they would retool the Paul Revere show. It doesn't have to be the big production like the Declaration of Independence show, but I don't think it's as funny as the DoI skit. Also, Kermit's insistence that there are no roles for Piggy just feels overly harsh, and he does that in both shows.
Here are 9 women that Piggy could portray:
http://mentalfloss.com/article/67905/9-women-who-helped-win-american-revolution

Bacon

RECENT CASTING CALL
For: Walt Disney World
Audition City: Orlando, FL
Location: Disney's Animal Kingdom Rehearsal/Wardrobe Facility
Looking For: Singers and Actors Monday, May 22, 2017
10:30 AM
Time zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Disney Parks Talent Casting is seeking youthful, male actors who sing for The Muppets Present....Great Moments in American History performed live at the Walt Disney World® Resort near Orlando, FL.

Performers employed by the Walt Disney World® Resort are covered under the terms and conditions of a collective bargaining agreement with Actors' Equity Association.

Seeking the following roles:
Jefferson James: male actor (must portray 20-30 years old) who sings, 5'10" and taller, to be James Jefferson, “JJ”, Town Crier of Liberty Square. JJ is a Revolutionary history buff who delights in sharing his knowledge of the Colonial era and Liberty Square with anyone who will listen, and he has teamed up with his good friends Sam Eagle, Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy and others to share some great moments in American history!

Audition Location:
Disney's Animal Kingdom Rehearsal/Wardrobe Facility
3271 Sherberth Road
Kissimmee, FL 34747

Sign-in: 9:30am-10:300am

Requirements:
  • Performers must be at least 18 and authorized to work in the United States.
  • Please provide a current headshot and resume.
  • Please provide a 1 minute comedic monologue and 16 bars of a song (sheet music required). Candidates may only be asked to do one.
  • Callbacks to be held May 23, 2017.
  • Advanced registration is not required.
EDIT:SORRY IM SO SO SORRY LOCK THIS THREAD UP PLEASE MODS

Last edited:

Bacon

I remember a rumor about cost cutting at the parks affecting GMIAH and JJ but this casting call says its just being re-casted

No Name

Looks like they need a new guy to play JJ, that's all.

I do think JJ is an integral part of the show. The Declaration of Independence version is quite dynamic with Sam in the roof of the HoP, the other Muppets in the balcony of the other building, and JJ near ground level. Never mind the crowd interaction that JJ provides.

The Paul Revere version has no ground-level human. In fact, the whole thing takes place in the balcony of the "other" building. Common opinion is that it's the weaker of the two sketches, and I think the main problem is that it's not as dynamic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom