The Little Mermaid Attraction Headed to MK?

RSoxNo1

So now here's what I'm guessing:

A similar coaster to Crush's coaster will be coming the studios.

A version or clone of DCA's Little Mermaid attraction will be coming to one of the parks, but not DHS or MK, which probably means AK. Part of me questions the Mermaid as a mythical animal because it's part human, but I suppose I wouldn't have any problem with a Minotaur or Centaur as a mythical animal.

This then leaves Magic Kingdom's 20K plot, where I believe it has been rumored in the past that Tokyo's Disney Sea's version of 20K Leagues Under the Sea could be recreated. For those of you that don't know these are submarines that don't go underwater, but give the illusion that they do with water effects around the windows of the submarine.

Am I that far off here?

Dragonrider1227

I really think that as time goes on trans global travel is becoming more and more accessible. Disney does themselves no favors by cloning ALL their attractions to other parks, standards such as HM, SW, BTM, SM, (not necessarily SM) should be brought in but beyond that I think each park needs to diversify themselves and create unique on of a kind attractions to encourage people to come to the other parks.
A lot of good that does when too many people are unable to go to multiple parks. I know i'm lucky enough just to go to WDW every other year

JLW11Hi

A lot of good that does when too many people are unable to go to multiple parks. I know i'm lucky enough just to go to WDW every other year

But what makes it interesting is that each resort has something unique to it that the others don't have. I have never been to Tokyo or Disneyland Paris, but there are plenty of things at WDW that we have exclusively to enjoy. I dont think we should think about what we aren't getting so much as what we are getting and already have.

That said, the Little Mermaid attraction would be welcome at WDW either way.

CheriBibi

Cloning may seem annoying to trues Disney fan, but not everyone get the chance to see every disney resorts. If you have a family of 3 or more children and don't live on the west coast, really when can you go to Disneyland ?

The thing that might annoy Disneylanders quiet even more though is that WDW may get its mermaid before them. That would be logical.

NewfieFan

So now here's what I'm guessing:

A similar coaster to Crush's coaster will be coming the studios.

A version or clone of DCA's Little Mermaid attraction will be coming to one of the parks, but not DHS or MK, which probably means AK. Part of me questions the Mermaid as a mythical animal because it's part human, but I suppose I wouldn't have any problem with a Minotaur or Centaur as a mythical animal.

This then leaves Magic Kingdom's 20K plot, where I believe it has been rumored in the past that Tokyo's Disney Sea's version of 20K Leagues Under the Sea could be recreated. For those of you that don't know these are submarines that don't go underwater, but give the illusion that they do with water effects around the windows of the submarine.

Am I that far off here?

Ok, I actually read the opposite here... I'm getting the impression that The Little Mermaid (or whatever it is) will be going into MK (possibly FantasyLand?)! The "dry" 20k ride similar to TDS version will be going to either Epcot or AK (I can't figure out which park).
When "they" were saying "no" to DHS and MK, I thought they were talking about a 20k type ride not The Little Mermaid attraction! I guessing the rumored Little Mermaid attraction is still going to MK!?!

I am so confused at this point!:veryconfu

jt04

Ok, I actually read the opposite here... I'm getting the impression that The Little Mermaid (or whatever it is) will be going into MK (possibly FantasyLand?)! The "dry" 20k ride similar to TDS version will be going to either Epcot or AK (I can't figure out which park).
When "they" were saying "no" to DHS and MK, I thought they were talking about a 20k type ride not The Little Mermaid attraction! I guessing the rumored Little Mermaid attraction is still going to MK!?!

I am so confused at this point!:veryconfu

No you are not. I think you are right up to speed. At least that is how I read it.

Oh and to the person who thinks they can search wiki and google to "solve the riddles" you couldn't be more wrong. This is the place to get the breaking (and accurate) news of future developments at Walt Disney World. We are fortunate that Marni, Lee and Jedi contribute to these boards (and Corrus when the mood hits). I found them to be all very accurate.

Disclaimer---Anything from me is pure rampant speculation :p

djkidkaz

Oh and to the person who thinks they can search wiki and google to "solve the riddles" you couldn't be more wrong. This is the place to get the breaking (and accurate) news of future developments at Walt Disney World. We are fortunate that Marni, Lee and Jedi contribute to these boards (and Corrus when the mood hits). I found them to be all very accurate.

Disclaimer---Anything from me is pure rampant speculation :p

Im referring to the riddles that people like Lee and Marni leave us with. For example, Lee just posted:

Yes. Mermaid at MK.
The 20K ride system would go somewhere else.

So theres only 4 parks and he's saying not MK. So why leave it open? I could probably look through all of Lee's post history and piece it together, but why give me the chore? Just spill it.

Kman101

If DHS and MK are ruled out for the 20K type attraction, that leaves Epcot (which seems doubtful for some reason) and Animal Kingdom (seems more likely). I dunno.

I seem to remember that when DCA announced the Little Mermaid dark ride that it was just a given the MK would get it. Wasn't it even announced then? I thought it was said that DCA wanted the ride for a while before it was cloned to MK ...

jt04

If DHS and MK are ruled out for the 20K type attraction, that leaves Epcot (which seems doubtful for some reason) and Animal Kingdom (seems more likely). I dunno.

I seem to remember that when DCA announced the Little Mermaid dark ride that it was just a given the MK would get it. Wasn't it even announced then? I thought it was said that DCA wanted the ride for a while before it was cloned to MK ...

Yes but the people who make the final decision are not the ones want exclusivity. I just feel like they are going to want the ride in place at WDW by 2011.

ToTBellHop

when was DHS ruled out for the 20K ride system? I was under the impression that it could be placed at the Catastrophe Canyon location after the backlot tour departs. Other areas where it would make thematic sense: The Seas (though I don't know where they would find the room) or anywhere at Animal Kingdom. AK has yet to explore underwater animals beyond a couple animal exhibits--nothing major though.

Mermaid is for the MK.

Riddles are fun--not everything has to be in black and white and dumbed-down. Sometimes it's okay to require that others use their brains.

Lee

Adventurer
So theres only 4 parks and he's saying not MK. So why leave it open? I could probably look through all of Lee's post history and piece it together, but why give me the chore? Just spill it.

Easy.
The person who gave me the info has not cleared me to speak in any detail about it.
I'm not trying to be cute. When I get the greenlight to spill my guts, I do.

Brian Noble

I really think that as time goes on trans global travel is becoming more and more accessible.
Unless oil comes back down below $100, I believe precisely the opposite. The golden age of accessible air travel may be behind us.

Ausdaddy

Im referring to the riddles that people like Lee and Marni leave us with. For example, Lee just posted:

Yes. Mermaid at MK.
The 20K ride system would go somewhere else.

I, for one, think you're being very disrespectful to those that try an provide us some insight. Why do you have a sense of entitlement? Who are you to tell them to "spill it"? Those on this board with inside sources do their best to provide us with info. They don't tell us everything because they can't. Either they've been asked by the source not to or too much info might expose the source and put their job on the line. No one's trying to play games. I am appreciative of the information provided and would prefer having some vague info to nothing at all. I don't want to name names and leave someone out, so thanks to all those with sources that contribute. It's appreciated.

krankenstein

I, for one, think you're being very disrespectful to those that try an provide us some insight. Why do you have a sense of entitlement? Who are you to tell them to "spill it"? Those on this board with inside sources do their best to provide us with info. They don't tell us everything because they can't. Either they've been asked by the source not to or too much info might expose the source and put their job on the line. No one's trying to play games. I am appreciative of the information provided and would prefer having some vague info to nothing at all. I don't want to name names and leave someone out, so thanks to all those with sources that contribute. It's appreciated.

Hear, Hear! I couldn't agree more with you Ausdaddy!

Thanks to everyone who posts whatever they can!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

PhilharMagician

and those who have singed a Non Disclosure

jt04

I had heard that they might have the entrance to this ride facing north and the "back" of the attraction would face the castle. Although the building itself would be themed to fantasyland and have shops etc. facing the castle (kinda like the side of the Great Movie Ride now will have shops and eateries on the wall that is facing TSM). Then a new street would run from about where Aeiel's Grotto is east towards Mickey's Toontown. The street would be north of the attraction but run east to west to offer a more direct connection from Fantasyland to Mickey's Toontown and providing more continuity to the themes. This street would be themed to Mermaid and may offer some of the theming/attractions/shops/eateries from TDS's Mermaid Lagoon in addition to the new dark ride we have been talking about here. I know there is plenty of room for such a street just wondering if anyone else has heard this rumor. ??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom