The Little Mermaid Attraction Headed to MK?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It looks like it has begun. ToT runs out of Fastpass by mid day, everyday virtually, and it`s standby (and Crush's Coaster) regularly tops an hour.

The quality attractions in DLP were never in doubt - all 1992 (& 1995) attractions were first rate, no expense spared. The studios probably knocked things back 5 years, indeed the ToT and the area around it sticks out like a sore thumb so rich is its detail and story - though it does add to the park as a whole. I`d think the money is already being counted.

Anyway, we digress.... :D

Bit of a mix up - I think. The first gen EMV (CTX) was to be built in Paris - like in DLC - as an indoor/outdoor Jungle Jeep ride - though in Paris to counter the fact there was no Jungle Cruise. Just south of here is the location for the parks Splash Mountain, supposed to be hybrid like SeaWorld Orlandos Atlantis - part flume, part coaster. The only details I know of are the splash down would be where the petting farm is today, and there would be a duel platform load/unload.

If Paris attendence keeps going up (and it looks like it`ll go through the roof this summer) we could/should find out within the next 5 years.
Thanks for update, Martin. Paris looks like it will be Disney's major focus in the coming years. Maybe it will soon become the staple of the Disney theme park empire???? Having such a beautiful castle sure helps.

jt04

It looks like it has begun. ToT runs out of Fastpass by mid day, everyday virtually, and it`s standby (and Crush's Coaster) regularly tops an hour.

The quality attractions in DLP were never in doubt - all 1992 (& 1995) attractions were first rate, no expense spared. The studios probably knocked things back 5 years, indeed the ToT and the area around it sticks out like a sore thumb so rich is its detail and story - though it does add to the park as a whole. I`d think the money is already being counted.

Anyway, we digress.... :D

And it's just one of those discount airline tickets that you folks have access to over there and you are at a Disney park. Must be nice.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Discounts to flights to DLP? I wish! With BA now out the picture (good riddence) it`s Air France from Manchester to CDG at full rate or nothing.

There again it is nice to leave Manchester at the crack of dawn, but be in the Magic Kingdom Parc before noon :D

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Dawn is the girlfriend of a friend. More to the point, since when did Paris have Wong as well as CDG & Orly?? :D

AEfx

Anyone have any links to recent news about the DCA version? I've been a bit out of touch with the community as a whole, especially Disneyland news.

AEfx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom