The joy or displeasure of having cold water dumped on you in a park

Do you like cold water dumped on you at the parks

• Total voters

mergatroid

Original Poster
Not really a moan by me (well maybe just a tad), but rather a question. Do you get pleasure from having cold water dumped on you or seeing it done to others, or do you find it a bit of a pain? The reason I ask is there are several attractions where you can get wet such as Splash Mountain (fair enough, there's a clue in the title), Kali River Rapids (a bit stupid if you don't see it coming) and one or two where there's a bit of spray.

But the one that probably confuses me the most is who came up with the idea of dumping cold water on you at either of the lazy river type rides at Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon. I'm sitting back 'chillaxing' on the inflatable without a care in the world floating peacefully along and thinking of good excuses to avoid looking in the shops with Mrs Merg on the way home when 'whoosh', I get cold water dumped on me at various points in the ride. There's an unavoidable waterfall to pass through at Typhoon and the coldest water known to man sneezed on you from that Alligator's house at Blizzard :eek:

Now taking off my moaning male mid forties hat for a moment, I have laughed when Mrs Merg get ice cold water on her head at Blizzard Beach (and learnt that wasn't the best decision I ever made). And yes I do smile when I see kids push mum and dad's inflatable under the water features as they pass by them, so I'm not a completely miserable old sod with no sense of humour. However I do sometimes feel how I could really enjoy a few laps of both those parks without the cold water obstacles and wondered if anyone else agreed?

So especially at the waterparks, would you prefer the cold water obstacles there or not?

Last edited:

AndyS2992

If you go on a water ride then there is a chance you will get wet, if you don't like getting wet then don't ride although I have ridden Splash and Kali lots of times and have never got wet at all. Popeye and Dudley Do Right at IoA on the other hand is the complete opposite. I don't mind getting a little splash but when you get completely soaked that is no fun at all and I don't care how hot it is lol The water on these rides is always warm anyway and never cold in the summer.

Can't say I have ever seen people or fountains dumping cold water on people at the water parks except the odd waterfall but no I would not appreciate it but I wouldn't go and complain about it either unless it was persistent or something. I would be wet anyway so getting more wet wouldn't be a problem.

So overall I'm personally not all that bothered unless I am getting completely drenched or something which fortunately does not happen at Disney.

Last edited:

mergatroid

Original Poster
If you go on a water ride then there is a chance you will get wet, if you don't like getting wet then don't ride although I have ridden Splash and Kali lots of times and have never got wet at all. Popeye and Dudley Do Right at IoA on the other hand is the complete opposite. I don't mind getting a little splash but when you get completely soaked that is no fun at all and I don't care how hot it is lol The water on these rides is always warm anyway and never cold in the summer.

Can't say I have ever seen people dumping cold water on people at the water parks but no I would not appreciate it but I wouldn't go and complain about it either unless it was persistent or something. I would be wet anyway so getting more wet wouldn't be a problem.

So overall I'm personally not all that bothered unless I am getting completely drenched or something which fortunately does not happen at Disney.

I was referring to the waterfall and squirty things in the lazy river such as

Last edited:

mergatroid

Original Poster
Suck it up Nancy! :)

Yeah it suck for sure, but it comes with the territory plus if fun to push other people into :cool:

Mrs Merg has never forgiven me the time I stopped her to show her Ice Gator house at BB, I couldn't have placed her better either and it got her right on her head :)

Goofyernmost

This sounds like that "ice bath" to remind folks of the ALS disease. It's crazy, but it's brought lots of attention to the disease.
I know this won't be a popular post, but, as worthy as ALS is for support, I hate the fact that people are publicly calling you out and forcing you to support it, whether you want to or not. I hope that doesn't sound to heartless, because I know ALS is a worthy cause, but, I decide what I will donate my limited funds to and I kindly refuse to be manipulated into it. I have seen people donate, or at least say they donated, when they really cannot afford too.

It's probably just me, but, it feels like bullying... for a good cause.

Last edited:

Mouse_Trap

IMO

On the lazy rivers, the cold water is just not cold enough, and there should be more opportunities for the unknowing individuals to get wet.

Afterall, you are at a waterpark, and you're in the water - don't expect to come out dry!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
"for the first time in forever" (#frozen -white girl pose) I poured a giant cup of ice water on me at Epcot a few days ago because it was scorching HOT!! Best decision I have ever made in the parks!

copcarguyp71

3021551.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom