The joy or displeasure of having cold water dumped on you in a park

Do you like cold water dumped on you at the parks

• Total voters

R W B

So let me see if I'm following correctly here, you're at a water park, floating in water, but you don't like it when you get wet??

As far as the rides go, splash, Kali and so on, once again, it's a water ride. What do you expect?

R W B

I know this won't be a popular post, but, as worthy as ALS is for support, I hate the fact that people are publicly calling you out and forcing you to support it, whether you want to or not. I hope that doesn't sound to heartless, because I know ALS is a worthy cause, but, I decide what I will donate my limited funds to and I kindly refuse to be manipulated into it. I have seen people donate, or at least say they donated, when they really cannot afford too.

It's probably just me, but, it feels like bullying... for a good cause.
Makes total sense. I personally would not donate to ALS but that's for personal reasons. I would donate what I think is a proper amount to the charity of my choice, most likely the Multiple Sclerosis since my brother suffers with that.

Matt_Black

So let me see if I'm following correctly here, you're at a water park, floating in water, but you don't like it when you get wet??

As far as the rides go, splash, Kali and so on, once again, it's a water ride. What do you expect?

"I stepped into a boxing ring and got punched in the head! What the hey?"

NearTheEars

Me and my DF had our first experience at Blizzard Beach this weekend. Was certainly shocked by how cold the water in the cave really was.

I was honestly more annoyed by the people swimming without a tube and the kids going nuts once it got busy. It was much nicer at 9:30 a.m. Our afternoon lazy river expedition did not last long.

Kids these days (I'm only 27) lol. I know they were just having fun, though. They weren't doing anything bad.

mergatroid

Original Poster

I may not be the smartest cookie in the jar (many have said this to me) however, yes of course I know and expect to get wet!!!! Those who think I'm saying otherwise may want to take the time to read both the title of the thread and the original post which uses the term 'cold water' not 'water', but 'COLD WATER'.

I love the water parks at Disney and cold water won't stop me going and enjoying them, neither does it keep me awake at night worrying about it. I'm fully aware I'm going to get wet at a water park in the water, the day I'm not is the day I request Mrs Merg puts me in an old folks home (preferably one run by Hooters, if they do them). Really this thread was just a fairly light hearted way of asking if others didn't get a huge kick out of having very cold water squirted or dropped on them in the lazy rivers and that was all.

I even put the option of "Stay in England misery guts and quit your yapping" in the voting and voted that myself in the attempt to keep it from turning into a serious thread. Anyway in just under 5 weeks time Mrs Merg and I will be in a water park (probably getting cold water dumped on us) and I'll endeavour to find something new to complain about. Perhaps I'll start a thread bemoaning the fact that when I'm not in the shaded areas, that the sun is a bit too warm ;)

JIMINYCR

I havent gone to any of the water parks because I'd rather devote my time to the other parks and rides. Bring on the water rides if I'm hot and its a day that I know I'll dry off quickly. But on a chilly day where the dampness stays in my clothes and shoes, I'll avoid a water ride especially if its in the early part of the day.

GrammieBee

Half of the fun on the lazy river is trying to manouver so you miss the worst of the falls. If you do get dumped on, so what. If it is a hot day, it can even be somewhat refreshing. You are in a bathing suit, in the water and the sun will warm you up quickly enough.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I may not be the smartest cookie in the jar (many have said this to me) however, yes of course I know and expect to get wet!!!! Those who think I'm saying otherwise may want to take the time to read both the title of the thread and the original post which uses the term 'cold water' not 'water', but 'COLD WATER'.

I love the water parks at Disney and cold water won't stop me going and enjoying them, neither does it keep me awake at night worrying about it. I'm fully aware I'm going to get wet at a water park in the water, the day I'm not is the day I request Mrs Merg puts me in an old folks home (preferably one run by Hooters, if they do them). Really this thread was just a fairly light hearted way of asking if others didn't get a huge kick out of having very cold water squirted or dropped on them in the lazy rivers and that was all.

I even put the option of "Stay in England misery guts and quit your yapping" in the voting and voted that myself in the attempt to keep it from turning into a serious thread. Anyway in just under 5 weeks time Mrs Merg and I will be in a water park (probably getting cold water dumped on us) and I'll endeavour to find something new to complain about. Perhaps I'll start a thread bemoaning the fact that when I'm not in the shaded areas, that the sun is a bit too warm ;)

That's the one I voted for, too. Probably because I did read all the words in the title. ;)

mergatroid

Original Poster
That's the one I voted for, too. Probably because I did read all the words in the title. ;)

Good on you, it's just a bit of fun really. Might take a diving suit next time I go just to be sure :)

deep_sea_diver.jpg

rangerbob

How about a 4th choice with your poll. They are called water rides or water parks for a reason. If you go there you should expect to get wet.

JillC LI

I don't think that's what he's saying. Of course you expect to get wet on a water ride. But water rides can take many shapes and forms. What I enjoy about a lazy river is the relaxing floating around. I'd like to stay relaxed on that particular type of ride without worrying about cold water coming down on my head.

JohnD

I don't see the big deal. Almost everyone these days is having ice water dumped on themselves through ALS challenges.

mergatroid

Original Poster
How about a 4th choice with your poll. They are called water rides or water parks for a reason. If you go there you should expect to get wet.

Again I realise that I expect to get wet, that's why it wasn't an option. I thought I'd clearly explained that in the op and the following response which is just a few posts above yours. I feel like I'm stuck in this bizarre parallel universe where people are reading something different and thinking "Wow this dude goes to water parks unaware that he'll get wet in the water" :banghead:

mergatroid

Original Poster
I don't think that's what he's saying. Of course you expect to get wet on a water ride. But water rides can take many shapes and forms. What I enjoy about a lazy river is the relaxing floating around. I'd like to stay relaxed on that particular type of ride without worrying about cold water coming down on my head.

Thank you, sanity at last and signs I'm not going mad here :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom