Trip Report The I'm Ditching the Spreadsheets....an Unrecognizable Trip!

We arrived home around 10pm last night from our Disney vacation. The planning for this trip started in March, but by September it was not even close to the original. So how did it all turn out? Did I make the correct decisions? Was this trip as hectic as the last one? Should I have cancelled so many dining reservations? Did we miss too much because upon arrival I decided to rip up the spread sheets..the same ones that I so painstakingly obsessed over?! I'm thinking about all of this as I am attempting to organize my 609,504,302 photos.

There were a few hiccups, including my Etsy order not arriving in time, sprinting to the Magical Express just as the doors closed, leaving our Elf on the Shelf in the room after check out, getting stuck on a ride, a missing boat captain, broken ornaments, and a horrible 3 hour lunch. All in all it was an amazing trip. I do not regret the decision to change from the original plans, or the second, or the 3rd, or even the plans I had when we were on the plane heading to Orlando. I decided to throw out most of them and take a (semi) wing it approach. :)

Last edited:

21stamps

Original Poster
That sounds like a great NYE! I'm sure he'll be super excited!

Yes they have something called "Snowland". I've wanted to go so badly the past 2 Christmas/NYE times.. but GWL jacks up their prices when you get closer to the dates..and they sell out quickly. Last year for NYE I think the price was over $800 per night after resort fees when I checked. It's a lot less than that right now, and I got 50% off!!!! So my price can not changed since it's already booked :)

Doesn't this look cool?!
At least I have one Christmas gift already done :)
IMG_4756.JPG

IMG_4758.JPG

IMG_4760.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4757.JPG
    IMG_4757.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 21

21stamps

Original Poster
Damn! $800 a night?! Good thing you got the bounceback!!

That looks realllyyyyyyy pretty!! I love it
Yeah.. that's why we went to a Homewood Suites instead.. It still had a pool lol

In the future I'll know to book early though, because even the full price for NYE right now isn't anywhere near what it was when I checked last November.

Anyway... what's going on with you? Are you guys booked for Puerto Rico?

Courtney6682

Yeah.. that's why we went to a Homewood Suites instead.. It still had a pool lol

In the future I'll know to book early though, because even the full price for NYE right now isn't anywhere near what it was when I checked last November.

Anyway... what's going on with you? Are you guys booked for Puerto Rico?

Yeah, I don't blame you!

Haven't pulled the trigger yet on a trip for just us...but we def will be...I'm still looking and honestly I forgot about it the past few days!

MySmallWorldof4

Btw- apparently GWL does bounceback offers to your email.. I booked us for 3 nights over NYE at 50% off!!

Every year I debate doing their Holiday stays.. and always decide against it because of the price. Last New Year's Eve T asked repeatedly to go to Great Wolf Lodge, we ended up doing two nights at a Homewood suites with an indoor pool instead...lol. #cheapmom

I'm saving this for a Christmas present!
Jeez. I never got a bounceback offer like that from them, which is one of the reasons we haven't been back.

21stamps

Original Poster
Yeah, I don't blame you!

Haven't pulled the trigger yet on a trip for just us...but we def will be...I'm still looking and honestly I forgot about it the past few days!

You have plenty of time. I can't wait to see photos though. I live vicariously through my fb newsfeed right now. Lol

Jeez. I never got a bounceback offer like that from them, which is one of the reasons we haven't been back.

It came in my email last week.. I had to book by May 1st.. I'm glad that I actually opened the email!

But here's a tip, I even asked about it on the phone. They DO change their pricing. So if you book way in advance you get a much lower rate! Especially for school break times. At least I know now for the future!

I booked 60 days in advance last time today get 30% off...required stay of 2 nights minimum . when I added the 3rd night they couldn't honor the same pricing though...but I still received a discount.

Last edited:

Uncle Lupe

So finally finished reading so... dab...dab...dab.
Can't believe you threw out your plans but you found plenty of magic. Seemed T has the true spirit of AK while brushing the goats. Also glad you avoided the zombies on Space Mountain but did get to ride with the Fonz.

Think you took everything in stride and is hard not to be constantly worrying about getting your value. I am already guilty of saying I'm not paying all this money to swim etc. So it is difficult to let it go. Like you said it's not always about what you accomplished but who you were with at the time.

Gotta go. Drop the mic. Dab.

susan lees

We hurriedly tried to catch the SW stage show.
Seeing all of the characters together was pretty neat. Especially BB8.

View attachment 183361

Ran into a few more Stormtroopers on our way back to Launch Bay. Once again T looked away when they spoke to him..but loved every second of it!

The roaming Stormtroopers have to be one of my new faves at WDW!!!

View attachment 183362 View attachment 183363

I am starting to get worried though, the time is now 5:13pm.
Dessert Party check in is at 5:45.
Looks like the Frozen show isn't happening. I obviously don't think we're going to have an opportunity to explore the other side of Launch Bay.
Chewy and Toy Story Mania are 2 things that must be accomplished!!! Walk fast kiddo!! Let's do this! (I didn't know how it would be possible, but going to try)

We get to the entrance of Chewy's queue.
Wait time says 30 minutes.
Oh no. How is this going to happen..AND Toy Story?

I hold kiddo back from the line, crouch down to eye level, and ask him which is more important- Chewy or the Toy Story ride?
Words can not even describe the look on his face. Dumbfounded would be the closest description. Then sadness when he realized we couldn't do both.
Darn you Hollywood Studios!! 2 consecutive years you are my biggest Disney parenting moment fail!

As we're standing there and T has a few silent tears, a CM walks up and says "Hi guys, come with me."
What? Where?
He says "Just come on." Then he asks T for his name, and if he's a Star Wars fan. T looks a little confused while we're walking around the ropes to another CM, just before the entrance to Chewy's room. What?? Is this happening?? Am I receiving Pixie Dust???

YES!! We did receive Pixie Dust!! Thank you Thank you to that dear wonderful amazing Disney Cast Member!!!

He told the female CM that we needed to go next. He must have heard our entire conversation!! Now I had tears on my face!!!
Nothing like this has ever happened before!

T and Chewy!!!

View attachment 183365 View attachment 183366

Stopped on the way out for a photo with another Jawa, this one doesn't trade.

View attachment 183367

Now we're running to Toy Story. Goodbye wonderful CM!!! Thank You!!!!
I also have tears in my eyes reading this. I just love these Disney moments:)

21stamps

Original Poster
So finally finished reading so... dab...dab...dab.
Can't believe you threw out your plans but you found plenty of magic. Seemed T has the true spirit of AK while brushing the goats. Also glad you avoided the zombies on Space Mountain but did get to ride with the Fonz.

Think you took everything in stride and is hard not to be constantly worrying about getting your value. I am already guilty of saying I'm not paying all this money to swim etc. So it is difficult to let it go. Like you said it's not always about what you accomplished but who you were with at the time.

Gotta go. Drop the mic. Dab.

Thank you for reading!

I also have tears in my eyes reading this. I just love these Disney moments:)

Thank you. Me too!

21stamps

Original Poster
@LisaBelle and @TheMouseFan and Anyone who lives within driving distance of a Cedar Fair park..

I'm too lazy too type, so I'll copy my instagram post. Another instance of "magic" from Kings Island!! The woman winked when she handed it to me.

I feel like this park is getting better and better, employees are funny, personable, and most seem to go out of their way for guest satisfaction.. of course you still have a couple (cough- guy at Beast first entrance-cough) who look like they'd rather be elsewhere. But overall I have been more impressed this year than ever before. Not quite sure why.

Anyway, if you have a Cedar Fair park near you- definitely go!

IMG_2604.jpg

IMG_2604.jpg

21stamps

Original Poster
I had to post this..

WE HIT A MILESTONE TODAY!!!!!

Look who's 52"!!!!!!!! (With sneakers on)

IMG_3050.JPG

We did all (3) of the 52" rides today!! Multiple times.. Omg this kid was SO EXCITED!!! Called our day "First Day Best Day". Gifted me with impromptu hugs several times, and had a smile on his face constantly!
IMG_3068.JPG
IMG_3046.JPG
IMG_3058.PNG

I'm so happy for him!! (I've posted on Facebook and Instagram why not here as well ;) ) It's a big day for us!!! Next up 54!!!

We've been going to KI since he was 3 .. I'm so mad at myself because I swear that I have taken photos of every new height.. but these are the only 2 that I can find besides the 1 above.
He gets so excited every time he hits a new level!!! I had to share our excitement with my Disney friends! Universal is on the Horizon, finally! :)

IMG_3073.JPG

21stamps

Original Poster
Look how excited he is!! Woohoo! I love how he still did a sort-of dab in the picture too.

He is so cute!

He was ecstatic!!! We measure him every single time we go.. beginning of the season he was just over 50", then 51".. then kept getting closer. He was on vacation for 9 days, got back late Saturday night, so this is the first time we've gone in August- and.. much to my surprise..this time he hit the 52 mark!! He literally jumped up and down and gave me the biggest hug. I'll never forget it!!!

And don't worry.. he still dabs constantly.. here's a few randoms over the summer at the park-
The one on the bottom left he had asked the guys in front of us to do it as well.. they did, but we messed up!! Lol.. oh and the bottom right was him flexing, cracked me up.ha ha

7697C1E1-0DD6-4847-8FB1-20CB5471FB69.jpg

And these are from a hiking/cabin trip we took last month.. he asked me to dab with him while walking across the log. Can't beat 'em, join 'em ;)

IMG_1550.JPG
IMG_1618.JPG

Courtney6682

I. DON'T. However, it's better than using "epic" constantly, so I'll pick my battles ;)

Sorry you had to see this repeatedly.. kiddo hitting 52" is like First Baby Steps Milestone Level in this house ;) lol
I know you don't like it lol!!! I think it's adorable!

I don't mind seeing it a few times, it's exciting! He's so cute and seems like such a sweet, well mannered, smart little guy! He's a joy to watch grow! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom