Trip Report The I'm Ditching the Spreadsheets....an Unrecognizable Trip!

We arrived home around 10pm last night from our Disney vacation. The planning for this trip started in March, but by September it was not even close to the original. So how did it all turn out? Did I make the correct decisions? Was this trip as hectic as the last one? Should I have cancelled so many dining reservations? Did we miss too much because upon arrival I decided to rip up the spread sheets..the same ones that I so painstakingly obsessed over?! I'm thinking about all of this as I am attempting to organize my 609,504,302 photos.

There were a few hiccups, including my Etsy order not arriving in time, sprinting to the Magical Express just as the doors closed, leaving our Elf on the Shelf in the room after check out, getting stuck on a ride, a missing boat captain, broken ornaments, and a horrible 3 hour lunch. All in all it was an amazing trip. I do not regret the decision to change from the original plans, or the second, or the 3rd, or even the plans I had when we were on the plane heading to Orlando. I decided to throw out most of them and take a (semi) wing it approach. :)

Last edited:

21stamps

Original Poster
EMM still continued...

We took the "long way" thru the entrance of Winnie the Pooh, kiddo still wanted to enjoy the offerings, running from one to the other, without having several other people crammed in the same spot.

We rode this one 2 times, then left for Peter Pan.

IMG_5204.JPG
IMG_5210.JPG
IMG_5214.JPG
IMG_5216.JPG
IMG_5219.JPG
IMG_5221.JPG

Blurry selfie-

IMG_5233.JPG

Where's Waldo?

IMG_5244.JPG

Last edited:

21stamps

Original Poster
EMM Part 3...

Flew with Peter Pan several times.. then crossed over to It's a Small World. Luckily no one else was in our boat, T decided to sing along the entire time.

Then we went to the Carousel..and T tried to remove the Sword from the Stone.

We've now been on 13 rides..and it's 9:08am!!! We hadn't even been in Fantasyland for an hour!! Did I mention that I LOVE Early Morning Magic?!!
We've worked up an appetite so we're off to Pinocchio's Village Haus to eat!

IMG_5248.JPG
IMG_5263.JPG
IMG_5265.JPG
IMG_5287.JPG

IMG_5294.JPG
IMG_5326.JPG
IMG_9067.JPG

21stamps

Original Poster
EMM ending...

Had a good breakfast, a good chat about the day ahead of us, and kiddo stood up and gave me a hug out of nowhere. My heart melted. It happened a few times during the trip, each time I never wanted it to end. This is the Disney Magic-Talking and laughing with your loved ones, sharing new experiences and reliving old ones. WDW just provides the backdrop. :)

IMG_5343.JPG
IMG_5344.JPG
View attachment 178114
IMG_5346.JPG
IMG_5349.JPG

We sat in there for about 30 minutes. Then walked outside to this!!! Early Morning Magic had definitely ended! :(

IMG_5357.JPG
IMG_5358.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5355.JPG
    IMG_5355.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 25

21stamps

Original Poster
We headed to the Tea Cups, then Barnstormer, finished those shortly after 10am.

We got lucky and were placed in the first seat on Barnstormer. First and very Last are our favorites on any ride!

IMG_5362.JPG
IMG_5368.JPG

---------------------------------------------------------------
Whew, ok I'm only on Day 3, and still in the morning. This may be a marathon trip report...still to go on this day are- BOG lunch, various rides/attractions, Gone Mad Party at GF, glowing drinks, dancing, cupcakes, and Holiday Wishes.

Good news is- I've deleted 50 or so photos thus far.

I'm going to sleep..it's much needed.

Last edited:

Courtney6682

YAY!! I was hoping you'd do a TR rather quickly lol. Following along on Facebook wasn't enough! I watched the OSU game because of you lol...my husband went out to watch it with his brother and when he texted me on the way home I told him that I too had watched. His response...''YOU watched the Ohio State game?'' Clearly I'm not a football fan, but for the past 2 yrs I've become a Philadelphia Eagles fan by marriage. Then I explained that a friend from the Disney site had been talking about it for weeks lol and curiosity got the best of me. It really was a nail biter! I thought of u and T at the end of the game, it must have been a blast for you guys!

Your son is SO FREAKIN CUTE!!! It seems like you guys had a blast and I can't wait to read more! He seems like a great kid! Good job mom!

21stamps

Original Poster
YAY!! I was hoping you'd do a TR rather quickly lol. Following along on Facebook wasn't enough! I watched the OSU game because of you lol...my husband went out to watch it with his brother and when he texted me on the way home I told him that I too had watched. His response...''YOU watched the Ohio State game?'' Clearly I'm not a football fan, but for the past 2 yrs I've become a Philadelphia Eagles fan by marriage. Then I explained that a friend from the Disney site had been talking about it for weeks lol and curiosity got the best of me. It really was a nail biter! I thought of u and T at the end of the game, it must have been a blast for you guys!

Your son is SO FREAKIN CUTE!!! It seems like you guys had a blast and I can't wait to read more! He seems like a great kid! Good job mom!

Ha Ha!! That's so awesome that you watched the game!!!! Maybe you'll become a Buckeye fan too ;) I was definitely nervous for a bit! It was a great time and a wonderful day, even though poor D was crying. ;)

I will eventually get around to adding to the FB album once I sort thru all of the pics, this TR is helping with that! Sorry you'll have to see them twice ha ha. I took so many videos and then started using FB Live to preserve storage space on my phone...hopefully there is a way I will be able to save them to my computer. I have an iPhone 7, but didn't remove the old photos that carried over with my last phone- here is my obnoxious photo and video library-
IMG_9074.PNG

Last edited:

21stamps

Original Poster
1st MK Day Continued....

Ok so now it is 10:10am and we have done---

7DMT- 6x
Winnie the Pooh-2x
Peter Pan- 3x
Small World-1x
Tea Cups- 1x
Carousel-1x
Barnstormer-1x
Had a good and hot breakfast.
Several photos and PhotoPass Photographers.

This day is starting off WONDERFULLY!!!!

We went to Journey of the Little Mermaid next (my first time ever on this ride)- Why have I never done this before???!!! We both loved it, and T took a video for my niece who is Ariel obsessed.

IMG_5380.JPG
IMG_5386.JPG
IMG_5390.JPG

Here is the wait time for 7DMT now-

IMG_5546.JPG

Then we left Fantasyland for a bit and went to Tomorrowland-

IMG_5403.JPG
IMG_5406.JPG

Then a Castle Show....

IMG_5410.JPG

Last edited:

21stamps

Original Poster

...Now it's time for the POTC Ride.. It was closed during our trip last year, so we are very excited to go on!!!!

IMG_5434.JPG

Next up Haunted Mansion---

IMG_5636.JPG

We have a BOG reservation coming up..so back to Fantasyland!...

IMG_5435.JPG
IMG_5452.JPG

Luckily this was the only appearance of my "Dead Zombie Face". It was on of his faves to do on roller coasters this past summer.

IMG_5458.JPG

I was still full from breakfast, debated between French Onion Soup or a Cupcake. The cupcake won.

IMG_5460.JPG

T had the shrimp.

IMG_5473.JPG

Last edited:

21stamps

Original Poster
Tomorrowland Speedway. Kiddo loves it. Wow. This experience makes me soooo glad that I have another 10 years before he starts driving. ;)

IMG_9088.JPG

At this point in the day my phone was down to 3% battery life. I realized that I did not bring my card to purchase a Fuel Rod like I had planned. :(. Turned on airplane mode and hoped for the best.

Astro Orbiter...

IMG_9089.JPG

Then Dumbo...

IMG_5615.JPG
IMG_5616.JPG
IMG_5625.JPG

......and then my phone died :(.

21stamps

Original Poster
During the dead phone time we went over to Swiss Family Treehouse. T is a HUGE fan of the movie...especially the trapped tiger scene.
I've lost count of how many times he's watched it.

We also stopped in another store. Remember the $100 gift card? At this point he had asked for quite a few things, and I had encouraged him to wait until closer to the end of the trip. We still had plenty of time left. This worked some of the time, but not at the POTC store earlier.

Jack Sparrow declared T a Pirate Apprentice. So he MUST have a sword and medallion. He wanted a few other items as well,but upon learning what each item would cost, he scaled down to 1 sword, a pirate telescope, and a medallion. He was so proud to wear that medallion, it's pictured above on Dumbo.

He decided that he wouldn't make any more purchases today, so we went to exit the park.
It was now 6pm and we were going to grab a bite to eat and freshen up before the Gone Mad party later tonight.

But first-- Photopass!!! Whew! Dead phone aside, I will still get one last photo of this MK day :).

IMG_9086.JPG

See ya Tuesday MK!!! We have a party to get to! (If we don't fall asleep first).

BuddyThomas

Night before leaving. Elf on the Shelf. No Etsy package. Late night/early morning flight/arrival at MCO and GF.

Our Elf on the Shelf, Luke, came a day early this year. He doesn't typically bring presents with him, but Santa wanted to make sure my son had all that he needed for our trip. My son, "T", received an Elf Hat, Magic Bandits, Glow Necklaces, a couple of tee shirts, and a $100 Disney Gift Card for souvenirs (more on this card and the budgeting later).
View attachment 177921

Today is Thanksgiving Day. Sadly, I did not receive our shirts that I ordered from Etsy a week prior, with Express Shipping. I sure wish Santa could have made them magically appear! Oh well. I can always save them for next time, right?

I procrastinated and waited til the night before to pack.. then as I looked at the wardrobe I was building, I thought maybe I wasn't making the best choices.. here was the start-
View attachment 177922

I realized that I was going to Orlando, Florida and the weather channel was calling for high 70s-80, so I may want to rethink my packing strategy. I made a few adjustments and then did a double check to make sure that I included my flat iron this time (forgot it last year).

Now it's off to the airport. Woke kiddo out of a deep sleep, it's time to start this adventure! Luke was waiting with his own Magic Band ready to meet us there!

View attachment 177924

Here's T basically sleep walking at the airport. A 5am flight is not ideal, but the airport crowds and security lines, or lack there of, are perfect!!

View attachment 177923

We're on our way to Disney World!!
Love it!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Tomorrowland Speedway. Kiddo loves it. Wow. This experience makes me soooo glad that I have another 10 years before he starts driving. ;)

View attachment 178275

At this point in the day my phone was down to 3% battery life. I realized that I did not bring my card to purchase a Fuel Rod like I had planned. :(. Turned on airplane mode and hoped for the best.

Astro Orbiter...

View attachment 178276

Then Dumbo...

View attachment 178278 View attachment 178279 View attachment 178280

......and then my phone died :(.

Your son is so cute. In particular, I really liked the photos of him on the Speedway. Many people have mentioned that they'd like to see the Speedway leave, and put a different attraction in there. I disagree, as I always see happy children "driving" -- it's such a big thrill for them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom