Trip Report the "I can't eat anymore steak!!!, Wishes vs HEA, snake incident" Trip report. May 2017

IMG_6562nb.jpg

Disney Dreaming:inlove:

So we're back.... and I cannot even express the sadness I'm feeling already. There may have been silent tears.. who am I kidding!! There were definitely tears!! :bawling::bawling::bawling: I could put it down to jet lag but I feel its the PDD kicking in a little earlier than usual.:(
BUT
I thought what better way to try and pull myself through this emotional state (other than booking another trip...watch this space ;)) but to start my trip report for you lovely lot! But mostly so that I can re-live our fabulous and sometimes a little less fabulous holiday moments! :facepalm:

This trip has been so up and down for us with some things surpassing our expectations but with others failing miserably to meet our personal ones at all. That said, I'm not here to complain at all but just to express our personal experiences whilst we were there! They may be waaaaay different to others opinions.:):)
We also didn't know what to expect with travelling another family and there being so many of us which we just aren't used to. We realised about half way through the holiday that the plans that we all made together re: dining, park selections & pool time were very different to what we had all discussed before leaving, therefore myself, sister and mum decided it would be every man for themselves and they could fit in with us as and when they liked which seemed to work out really well for us..as you will find out! ;)

I warn you now...the first few days I COMPLETELY forgot (in my state of excitement and jetlag) to write any notes so I will be working purely from memory and hopefully photo prompts :)facepalm: MY BAD) which leads me nicely to photos.. I will now inform you that my photography skills are certainly not to the standard of some of the reports I have seen here..BUT.. I did give it my best go and I hope any photographers reading don't cringe too much!! :angelic:

So, without further ado, please sit back and (hopefully) enjoy the ride along our Disney Vacation!! A trip full of firsts, lasts, excitement, lots of sunshine, (a few) tears :oops: but oh so much magic!! :happy::inlove:

If you do fancy a read of my PTR just so you're filled in with who, what, where, when and why here it is http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/my-first-pre-trip-report-may-2017.924079/

Heeerreee weeeee goooooooo!!! :brb:

Last edited:

susan lees

I'm in Disneyland Paris as we speak and at moment weather is lovely. Now I've been to both DLP and WDW several times and my favourite is definitely Orlando but DLP has lovely memories for us as its where we took the kids when they were very little as a shorter journey.
This a reunion visit for us with our now adult children but 3 days is enough time here to see everything wit a day in Paris thrown in.

*Flynnderella*

Original Poster
Day 4 Cont. (this may be quite a short post as I can't REALLY remember too much!! :in pain: sorrrrryyy)

We decided the easiest way to get to Wilderness Lodge would be to get the bus to MK and take a leisurely boat trip from there. I absolutely loved taking the boat places so on ALL future trips, I'm going to plan at least one place where we can take the boat.

Our dining reservation wasn't until 7:50pm and again we had two tables separately as there was no tables for 8. Hannah and David headed to Disney Springs for their evening.

Wilderness Lodge is gorgeous inside. There is so much to look at in the Lobby area and we were instantly drawn to the rocking chairs by the fire! :joyfull: We went to check in at Whispering Canyon and then had a wander around the shop and took some pictures. There wasn't a long wait before our buzzer went off and we were being seated. Now I would love to tell you the name of our server because she was absolutely awesome. Although we love to join in with anything that's going on at these types of restaurants, but we just did not realise the absolutely carnage and hilarity that would unravel throughout our meal tonight :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: To name a few:
  • Horse riding round the restaurant
  • Joining in with "verbally bashing" the couple on the table next to us who were drunk and laughing constantly with our shared server
  • Asking for Ketchup (obviously)
  • Being "verbally abused" for not ordering anymore from the "all you care to eat" platter
  • Shouting between our two tables to try and win the "best table" competition
  • Picking up the billion straws that our server threw at the table on her way past. (see I expect that at this restaurant..its just a shame we had the same straw fiasco at CRT :rolleyes:)
I'm sorry I have pretty much zero photos from this night. (there was no room to have my camera out due to the 24 tomato ketchup's on our table).
The food was beautiful though. Me and sister got the "all you care to enjoy skillet" between us and we didn't manage to order anything else because well.....steak/meat :confused:. (oh my gosh those BBQ beans are the best thing ever invented:hungry:) We aren't used to eating so much, especially when you HAVE to (I know you don't but since its offered) get a dessert every time you eat, I don't know about everyone else but if I've had a big meal one day, I tend to eat light the next. There is NO eating light on this holiday. :joyfull::hungry: Mum had the New York Strip and was very happy with it.

Like I said, our server was just brilliant. In-fact they all were and I loved how they would just shout between each other about random stuff. I think we were perhaps there a little too late for the full "antics" as the restaurant was winding down and there were barely any tables left but it still really great fun. Our server came and sat with us for around 20 mins after she brought dessert (which was aaaaammmaaaazzzinnnggg. I had the Coconut rice pudding, sis had Bread pudding I think and mum the Cheesecake all of which were delicious). She was telling us all about how she had worked in WC for 8 years and would never want to move to somewhere else. She had been and worked at Skipper Canteen when it first opened and really didn't like the atmosphere so moved back to WC. We were telling her all the places to visit when she came to England etc etc and before we knew it we were the last people in the joint :jawdrop:. After a brilliant and fun evening she sent us on our way with 2 fresh, warm loaves of Corn Bread :inlove::inlove::inlove:. I really wish I could remember her name. :( All in all, I would definitely go back here again.

As you can't go from resort to resort and it was quite late, we thought bus to Disney Springs to pick up the other two and then the boat to POR would be the easiest option to transfer our full bellies home. It came in a little chilly as we were on the boat but my warm loaves of bread kept me toasty warm ;) These may have been dished out when we got back to the resort. Must have had a little bit of room left in those tums. :p OINK.

Again, apologies for the lack of photos in this post.:facepalm:

Next up...EPCOT and time to visit Arendelle...

*Flynnderella*

Original Poster
Disneyland Paris is a lot smaller than WDW, it doesn't offer even a quarter of what WDW does. Not nearly as many rides, parades, shows etc. Very few restaurants and hotels. Disneyland Paris is nice but after 3 days you have seen it all, not to mention most of the CM's are French and they lack the friendliness of the Americans. To me Disneyland Paris feels more like a very well done amusement park not the magical place that is Disney World;)

Sorry for the late reply!!! I think your question has been answered though;). I agree with the cost of 3-4 days in Paris, especially in peak times can be almost as much as 2 weeks in WDW and I know which one i'd rather do. It does seem though, that DLP is a little bit ahead on the technology with regards to some of the newer attractions like Ratatouille and before the new "Happily Ever After" fireworks started in Florida, the DLP ones were absolutely amazing in comparison to "WISHES". They seem to have caught up there though as HEA is incredible.
In general I think, the feel is more modern but it doesn't have that nostalgia feeling for me, but that is because it is newer. WDW makes you feel like you're in a bubble and I agree that the Americans make it with their enthusiasm. We usually use DLP as our "top up" Disney trip between our Florida ones. :) They both offer quite different experiences. I'd love to go visit them all!!!!! ONE DAY :inlove:

*Flynnderella*

Original Poster
No problem, I love being quoted.;)
Have you been to Disneyland Hong Kong @Flynnderella? I personally liked it better than Paris.

Me too!! :)
No I haven't. I have seen I think @amjt660 has been?? And I followed that trip report and it did look brilliant!! My sister has done California (without me :cautious:). My partner and I are plannng a DLP trip in December hopefully. He has never been to Disney so it's going to be a Whole New World for him ;)
I'll be sure to do a TR. if I ever get this one finished :rolleyes:

12in12

Christmas at DP sounds great! I might go one day but again the cost of DP puts me of going. My last trip to WDW was December 2015 and I loved all the decorations etc.
I enjoyed going to Disney HK because it was easy to combine with some cultural things plus the park was beautiful and imho the shows were better than in WDW. Plus the 2 day ticket was so cheap, I couldn't believe it.
I hope to visit Tokyo and Shanghai in the next few years so I can be one of those terribly annoying people that can compare all the parks.;)

amjt660

Premium Member
Me too!! :)
No I haven't. I have seen I think @amjt660 has been?? And I followed that trip report and it did look brilliant!! My sister has done California (without me :cautious:). My partner and I are plannng a DLP trip in December hopefully. He has never been to Disney so it's going to be a Whole New World for him ;)
I'll be sure to do a TR. if I ever get this one finished :rolleyes:
Hello Flynnderella
I have been blessed to have gone to 4 of the 6 resorts so far ( 10 of 12 theme parks - 12 of 14 if you count the Florida waterparks)
WDW, DLR, TDR and DLP are checked off but I still need to get to Hong Kong and Shanghai.
My trip in December was to Tokyo.

I am hoping to get to Hong Kong in the fall if my business trips get approved.

@Kiwiduck recently went to HKDL.
She went with her Dad and tacked it on to a trip that included a wedding (I think it was a brother but it is testing my memory)

Max

*Flynnderella*

Original Poster
Heyyyyyyy!! I found some (albeit pathetic) photos at Whispering Canyon. Are you ready to be amazed?
IMG_6665.JPG

IMG_6670.JPG
This dessert was SO worth taking a picture of. It wasn't actually on the menu when we got there but I had seen it online so when I asked she was like of course, we can definitely do that for you! :inlove:so this was the "no sugar added, coconut rice pudding with a mango puree" :hungry: and I ate every last bit.
IMG_6668.JPG
Here is Niambh taking part in the Cowboy parade or something?! It was hilarious anyway. Kind of gutted they didn't ask us to join in..:rolleyes:
2017-05-09-PHOTO-00004377[516].jpg
And here is the one we've all been waiting for. "The Whispering Canyon, All you can eat Skillet" well all we could eat was about half of one..I know..amateurs. :depressed: It was lovely.. although we didn't care much for the spiced sausage .. but those beans...YUM.
And that's your lot folks. Now you can all calm down and wait for the next instalment.

Attachments

• IMG_6665.JPG
    IMG_6665.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 97

amjt660

Premium Member
Heyyyyyyy!! I found some (albeit pathetic) photos at Whispering Canyon. Are you ready to be amazed?
View attachment 214274

View attachment 214275
This dessert was SO worth taking a picture of. It wasn't actually on the menu when we got there but I had seen it online so when I asked she was like of course, we can definitely do that for you! :inlove:so this was the "no sugar added, coconut rice pudding with a mango puree" :hungry: and I ate every last bit.
View attachment 214276
Here is Niambh taking part in the Cowboy parade or something?! It was hilarious anyway. Kind of gutted they didn't ask us to join in..:rolleyes:
View attachment 214277
And here is the one we've all been waiting for. "The Whispering Canyon, All you can eat Skillet" well all we could eat was about half of one..I know..amateurs. :depressed: It was lovely.. although we didn't care much for the spiced sausage .. but those beans...YUM.
And that's your lot folks. Now you can all calm down and wait for the next instalment.
She is back!!
Call off the search dogs!!
Do not pay the ransom
She escaped!!

Glad you are back and continuing the update to your trip report

Max

*Flynnderella*

Original Poster
Day 5..Epcot

I LOVE Epcot. The last time we came, we didn't really manage to do it properly as the day we did Universal, the parents went and did the countries without us so when we wanted to go back they weren't too fussed and we rushed round. So this time I was going to take my time, explore every country and absorb the atmosphere. That still didn't quite happen on this day but fear not..we came back and did it properly.

When our 60 days for fast pass opened we were STRAIGHT onto getting a Frozen fast pass booked for the 3 of us. This was booked for 11:20am. Since then we had received our "golden ticket" fast passes from CRT and decided to cancel this fast pass and use it later in the day with the rest of the group before our dining reservation this evening. Not having to be there so early worked out really well for us as the last few days had taken it out of us a little bit..not sure if it was the heat or the amount of food we had put away since arriving :hungry: but we really felt like we needed to chill out this morning. We decided that me mum and sis would have a pool morning/early afternoon and then head over to Epcot around 3:30-4. This way we were avoiding the heat of the day in Epcot and arriving refreshed in the afternoon, hopefully passing everyone at the exit who had been there most of the day! This plan worked really well for us for the rest of the holiday.

So lets start with some photos.
IMG_6678.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_8029816091.jpeg
How pretty is the Flower and Garden Festival. They must spend so much time keeping it looking perfect. :inlove:
2017-07-04-PHOTO-00005352[520].jpg These were my favourite.:inlove:

I actually took more pictures of the topiaries on the second day at Epcot so fear not...even though there are some fab pics on other TR. Maybe for my photos I'll put links to other peoples TR instead ;)

We decided that we would go straight to Soarin' to see the new version. I love it. I cannot get over how clever it is :inlove: If anyone has any idea where i can get the scent for Fiji from I would be forever in your debt. We were in Carousel B row 2 so we had a great view. Its definitely a "take your shoes off" ride.
IMG_6682.JPG Selfie :p
While we were in the area, we headed for Nemo. Cute ride but I think i'd skip it next time? (don't hate me) I did like the queue though.
We had a wander round The Seas and saw the Manatees while mum nipped to the loo.

Next up Test Track & World showcase. (I will have to do in another post as for some reason it won't let me upload anymore pictures :cautious:)

12in12

Happy you are back! I love baked beans too, especially the ones at Flaming Tree in AK. Unfortunately they don't sell them as just a side. You have to order a whole meal to get them, I know because I tried. Hope to see more pics soon.

kaitertot5249

I am loving your Trip Report so far! Sounds like you all had a great trip despite a few bumps in the road. It's too bad that you had such a bummer of an experience at CRT! I haven't been back there since I was 5 and it's one of those quintessential 'Dinsey' places that I think I want to try again in theory but I hear such mixed reviews across the board. You'd think that Disney would want to make that one of the most special dining experiences on property but it seems like they've let it slide and rely too heavily on the draw of it's location. It's really a shame when you think about how amazing it should be.

Do we look safari ready!? :joyfull:
You absolutely look safari ready! Also, I LOVE your pack (I know that could mean something very different for you :hilarious: but I'm blanking on what you call it in England)!

Although we love to join in with anything that's going on at these types of restaurants, but we just did not realise the absolutely carnage and hilarity that would unravel throughout our meal tonight :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: To name a few:
  • Joining in with "verbally bashing" the couple on the table next to us who were drunk and laughing constantly with our shared server
  • Being "verbally abused" for not ordering anymore from the "all you care to eat" platter
  • Picking up the billion straws that our server threw at the table on her way past. (see I expect that at this restaurant..its just a shame we had the same straw fiasco at CRT :rolleyes:)
So fun! Whispering Canyon is high on my list of ADRs for my next trip, it sounds like a great time!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

*Flynnderella*

Original Poster
I am loving your Trip Report so far! Sounds like you all had a great trip despite a few bumps in the road. It's too bad that you had such a bummer of an experience at CRT! I haven't been back there since I was 5 and it's one of those quintessential 'Dinsey' places that I think I want to try again in theory but I hear such mixed reviews across the board. You'd think that Disney would want to make that one of the most special dining experiences on property but it seems like they've let it slide and rely too heavily on the draw of it's location. It's really a shame when you think about how amazing it should be.

You absolutely look safari ready! Also, I LOVE your ***** pack (I know that could mean something very different for you :hilarious: but I'm blanking on what you call it in England)!

So fun! Whispering Canyon is high on my list of ADRs for my next trip, it sounds like a great time!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Thank you for following along :)
CRT just wasn't what we were expecting and therefore we were left really disappointed. I bet its incredible to go when you have children with you as you're not really there for yourself & plus then the princess interactions aren't as awkward (or is that just me?:facepalm:) You're absolutely right, they do rely on the location which is such a shame!

:hilarious: Thank you- yes in England they're Bumbags, but when we're in the US we do of course call them *****packs :joyfull:
Whispering Canyon was definitely a lot of fun. I can't exactly remember all of the stuff that went on because it was madness in there :p but I do remember laughing ALOT and eating ALOT.:happy: So worth a visit next time you go!

*Flynnderella*

Original Poster
I will try try try to put another update on this weekend however I cannot promise- as my brother is actually getting married on Sunday!!!!! :inlove::happy:
They're heading to Disneyland Paris for their Mini-Moon! Not jealous at all :cautious: I asked if I could tag along but was told that it would be inappropriate. :confused: Rude.

All that are left & patient, thanks for following along with me :)

fractal

Day 4 Cont. (this may be quite a short post as I can't REALLY remember too much!! :in pain: sorrrrryyy)

We decided the easiest way to get to Wilderness Lodge would be to get the bus to MK and take a leisurely boat trip from there. I absolutely loved taking the boat places so on ALL future trips, I'm going to plan at least one place where we can take the boat.

Our dining reservation wasn't until 7:50pm and again we had two tables separately as there was no tables for 8. Hannah and David headed to Disney Springs for their evening.

Wilderness Lodge is gorgeous inside. There is so much to look at in the Lobby area and we were instantly drawn to the rocking chairs by the fire! :joyfull: We went to check in at Whispering Canyon and then had a wander around the shop and took some pictures. There wasn't a long wait before our buzzer went off and we were being seated. Now I would love to tell you the name of our server because she was absolutely awesome. Although we love to join in with anything that's going on at these types of restaurants, but we just did not realise the absolutely carnage and hilarity that would unravel throughout our meal tonight :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: To name a few:
I'm sorry I have pretty much zero photos from this night. (there was no room to have my camera out due to the 24 tomato ketchup's on our table).
The food was beautiful though. Me and sister got the "all you care to enjoy skillet" between us and we didn't manage to order anything else because well.....steak/meat :confused:. (oh my gosh those BBQ beans are the best thing ever invented:hungry:) We aren't used to eating so much, especially when you HAVE to (I know you don't but since its offered) get a dessert every time you eat, I don't know about everyone else but if I've had a big meal one day, I tend to eat light the next. There is NO eating light on this holiday. :joyfull::hungry: Mum had the New York Strip and was very happy with it.

Like I said, our server was just brilliant. In-fact they all were and I loved how they would just shout between each other about random stuff. I think we were perhaps there a little too late for the full "antics" as the restaurant was winding down and there were barely any tables left but it still really great fun. Our server came and sat with us for around 20 mins after she brought dessert (which was aaaaammmaaaazzzinnnggg. I had the Coconut rice pudding, sis had Bread pudding I think and mum the Cheesecake all of which were delicious). She was telling us all about how she had worked in WC for 8 years and would never want to move to somewhere else. She had been and worked at Skipper Canteen when it first opened and really didn't like the atmosphere so moved back to WC. We were telling her all the places to visit when she came to England etc etc and before we knew it we were the last people in the joint :jawdrop:. After a brilliant and fun evening she sent us on our way with 2 fresh, warm loaves of Corn Bread :inlove::inlove::inlove:. I really wish I could remember her name. :( All in all, I would definitely go back here again.

As you can't go from resort to resort and it was quite late, we thought bus to Disney Springs to pick up the other two and then the boat to POR would be the easiest option to transfer our full bellies home. It came in a little chilly as we were on the boat but my warm loaves of bread kept me toasty warm ;) These may have been dished out when we got back to the resort. Must have had a little bit of room left in those tums. :p OINK.

Again, apologies for the lack of photos in this post.:facepalm:

Next up...EPCOT and time to visit Arendelle...

Love the report!

So glad you had such a good time at Whispering Canyon. We had the same experience there. :D

*Flynnderella*

Original Poster
Epcot continued...
I forgot to say that on the way in we obviously did Spaceship earth. This ride has so much nostalgia for me from being really young...I think a lot of people are the same with the smells etc. It just has a certain something that whisks me back to being a little girl :inlove:. I don't really like the interactive stuff that they have now- I like to just sit and enjoy the ride but the it is funny to do it once.

So, we decided to give Ellen's Energy adventure a miss this time as it is quite a long ride and we had lots to do before our ADR. I am truly regretting our decision now as it has just been released that it will close soonish. We should have known better really since they've been threatening that for ages but never-mind. It did need updating to something current but I will admit I'll miss it. :(

After a brief stop at Club Cool (no I didn't have the Beverley) and some photos, we were on our way round the world. ( is any one else stuggling to upload Photopass pictures to here?! it keeps coming up with an error message :(:in pain:)

Our first stop was Canada. We had a dining reservation for 8:30pm at Le Cellier (yep....STEAK AGAIN) so we didn't want to spoil our appetites. That said...
IMG_6690.JPG We definitely got two of these between the three of us! Scallops, Maple Bacon sprinkles, Green Beans & Potatoes. YUM-MY.:hungry::hungry:

Like I said before, we didn't plan on fully doing Epcot today as we were there quite late on and had another day planned in. So we just wandered round enjoying the views and atmosphere. It wasn't too busy but it was very hot.
(Does anyone remember 'Off Kilter', the band that were in Canada for about 18 years? We saw their very first performance ever when we went back in 1997?? and then on the off chance (no pun intended) we also saw their final performance in 2014. I cant believe how successful they have been over that time. They have a massive following and it was such a shame they have left. We didnt actually see anyone perform there this time which was a shame)

Anyway.. Onto the UK. Home sweet home :inlove:
IMG_6704.JPG
IMG_6703.JPG
I wish the UK did look like this all over :rolleyes: !!

Sis has eaten the Fish and Chips from the Yorkshire Fish and Chip shop & approves which is high praise indeed. :hungry: Well done Disney! ;)

We headed slowly round the countries and waited for a message from the rest of the clan who were coming to meet us before dinner. We had decided to use one of our CRT fast passes for us all to go on Frozen before dinner so we thought we would just mosey on until we hit Norway. As far as I remember, we didn't get any more snacks from anywhere on the way round but my pictures may disagree with that?

Here are a couple more photos I took as we walked:
IMG_6705.JPG IMG_6707.JPG IMG_6709.JPG IMG_6710.JPG

I have to say, of all the pavilions, Morocco is my favourite. The smells, the food, the music ... love it :inlove:

I had heard great things about Karamel Kuche and I was not going to miss out on getting something from their but I refrained as we walked past tonight :cautious::hungry:. We had an appointment with Ana and Elsa.
We met up with the rest of the clan and headed in. The fast pass queue was quite long really (since we got back I've read that it has had quite a few issues and it shuts regularly so the long line makes sense) I love the queue, its very cute. I don't really remember the Maelstrom so it was almost a new ride for me anyway. The faces of the characters and really well done and I love the "Let it goooooo" part. I personally think the ride photo should be there to capture everyone's reaction to that scene but that's just me! :):inlove::joyfull:
(again..I just tried to upload our photopass picture for that and it won't do it :cautious:)

By the time we were off Frozen, it was time for us to make a quick march back round to Canada for our ADR.

Next up...YUP..Steak again!!:hungry:

Attachments

• IMG_6681.JPG
    IMG_6681.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 67

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom