The "Hurry up and reopen the Adventurers Club Thread" per Lee's request.

EpcotMark

check the threads on what happened the last night. As i understand it, the radiothon failed to raise enough money, and thus the club had to close. Marcel returned and took the permanent members away on a year-long adventurers cruise.

LMAO! Hahahaha!

WhatJaneSays

Physically write it out (legibly). It shows you care more.
Ah, see "legibly" is my problem. :lookaroun

I did however find some nice thick vintage looking paper (and matching envelopes!) that I've printed on with a typewriter font for my letters. For a while I considered making an Adventures Club letterhead but I decided against it; I may still do it for my next batch of letters.

CaptainMichael

Ah, see "legibly" is my problem. :lookaroun

I did however find some nice thick vintage looking paper (and matching envelopes!) that I've printed on with a typewriter font for my letters. For a while I considered making an Adventures Club letterhead but I decided against it; I may still do it for my next batch of letters.

I think that will be good also. Just anything that shows you took extra time and effort. I'm gonna write mine in a few minutes.

hack2112

For those debating about using either "interactive" or "immersive" in their letters, use both!

i.e.

"The Adventurers Club is an enviornment that is as interactive as it is immersive."

Now, everyone's happy!

CaptainMichael

My letter:

Dear Disney Executive,

I am writing to you again to express my sadness and disappointment about the closing of Pleasure Island’s Adventurers Club. The Adventurers Club was a one of a kind, immersive experience that only Disney could provide. I used the word “was,” but that is incorrect because the memories created there will live on forever in my heart. You see, to most of its “members,” the Adventurers Club was more than just a nightclub; it was a destination, a home away from, it was like family. I think the support and love for the club by its loyal fans and guests was made apparent upon the announcement of its closing in June. Adventurers from all over the country have showed up in droves to drink one last Kungaloosh, experience one more Hoopla (HOOPLA!), and pay their last respects to a place and the actors within that brought joy and magic to each of their lives. I believe the Adventurers Club deserves another chance. In my opinion (I’m confident others share it as well), it was the most unique, immersive, interactive, and complete experience on Disney property. It was the essence of “great show” and a true Disney treasure. So, as the Year of a Million Dreams draws to a close and What Will You Celebrate begins, please grant the dream of countless adventurers (past, present, and future), and reopen the Adventurers Club, so we can have a Hoopla (HOOPLA!) to celebrate once again.

Sincerely,

MT

Which do you think has a better chance, I can disguise myself as a guest of one of the private parties at the Adventurers Club or they will reopen it by tomorrow?

Anybody have any insider info on whether there's a private party tomorrow?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Which do you think has a better chance, I can disguise myself as a guest of one of the private parties at the Adventurers Club or they will reopen it by tomorrow?

Anybody have any insider info on whether there's a private party tomorrow?
Just a thought..... You can get to the back door of the main salon quite easily. That door has never closed properly and I have never seen it manned. It would be fairly easy to enter there and then blend into the crowd.

Hathaway Browne

Just a thought..... You can get to the back door of the main salon quite easily. That door has never closed properly and I have never seen it manned. It would be fairly easy to enter there and then blend into the crowd.
And then feel the wrath of the Mouse Security Service?:lookaroun

Repel from the roof into the Main Salon Mission Impossible style:lookaroun

LOL I agree with both, I knew I could count on you guys

An Adventurers Life is Best :) :wave:

MKCP 1985

Dear Mr. Beancounter,

Why'd you go and mess with my good thing? Adventurer's Club was a great place to get off my feet when I needed a break from all the noise and commotion at Mannequins. Sure, it could be a bit bothersome when oddly dressed characters who smelled funny chatted me up about my own personal business, but that was a small price to pay to be able to regain my senses for a moment before going back into traffic. Oh, and the paid staff could be a bit different as well.

So your plans are to close the Pleasure Island bars and replace them with shopping and dining? That's no reason to close down the Adventurer's Club. Just whip up a menu with some overpriced sandwiches and salads. It already had overpriced drinks and almost as many animatronics as Rainforest Cafe! It will fit right in!

Anyway, open it up again already! You've made your point. This time, we promise to buy more drinks and tip better, and if you'll just offer some tee shirts and hats, we'll buy those too. Then again if you don't, well, there's always Sherlock Holmes Mystery Theater over at the Grosvenor. Isn't there?

Sincerely,

*My name here

Well, that's what A/C was to me, anyway. I liked it, hate its gone, but its loss isn't a death in the family. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom