The "Hurry up and reopen the Adventurers Club Thread" per Lee's request.

Lee

Adventurer
At the bottom of the screens, it said (and I'm paraphrasing): Lead guests away from answering positively about Pleasure Island

Wait....what?
Really?

If that is the case, we need to get that sort of info out there, like to the Sentinal and such. Shame on them!:mad:

Captain Hank

Well, I've already written to Guest Communications, but in light of what Lee has said, Jay Rasulo, Al Weiss and Bob Iger will be hearing from me very shortly (I've heard that Meg Crofton already supports the AC).

For everyone writing: please keep it concise, professional and as friendly as possible (but be sure to get your point across, too!). Insulting does not equal persuading. Furthermore, make sure they know why you're so disappointed/upset about the Club's closure.

Unplugged

You all have my backing on letter writing. I love the AC was truly choked up by the final show vids on YouTube.

It's a shame there isn't a way to start a corporation with the right folks & funding, then re-open the club as that 3rd party that Disney wants so badly. Enough ideas have been tossed around here to do it. Just a matter of propper business plan and resourcing it. That's a big venture.....:lookaroun

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
My email letter:

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com, Robert.A.Iger@email.disney.com, kevin.lansberry@email.disney.com, meg.crofton@disney.com, jay.rasulo@disney.com, al.weiss@disney.com, barry.r.carlson@email.disney.com, Kristine.piser@email.disney.com

I just want to express my displeasure with your decision to close the Adventure's Club at Pleasure Island. This was truly a unique experience for the guests to experience and was truly a touch of Disney Magic in the Downtown Disney area.

I certainly hope that you will reopen this venue either in it's original location or someplace close by so that people will once again be able to enjoy this incomparable establishment.

name
city, state

So far, I've gotten a canned response from Guest Communications and Kevin Lansbury.

goofyfan13

This is my first time writing one of these letters, but hey, I gave it a shot.

I am writing to you deeply disappointed in the decision to close the Adventurers Club at the Walt Disney World Resort. While I was by any means not a regular to the club, I have had many memorable experiences there, and that I will cherish for years to come.

This club truly was one of the most, if not the most unique attraction Walt Disney World had to offer, and provided outstanding entertainment for us adults. Everything from the incredible themeing to the Cast Members this venue screamed, "Disney Magic."

The minute I first walked into the club several years ago, I was in awe. The attention to detail immediately brought my jaw to the floor. I then was able to see my first show in the library. The performers clearly loved their job, and brought the house down. Even the Cast Members who were not performers added to the experience, always remaining in character. This isn't to say that there aren't others outstanding experiences on property elsewhere, however, the combination of the Adventurer's Club theme, and the superb Cast employed there made this truly the cream of the crop of any experience at Walt Disney World.

It's a shame that future generations will not be able to experience such an outstanding Disney experience, as this was truly one of the, if the THE best experience on property. I kindly ask that you reconsider this decision and either reopen this Adventurers Club in it's current location, or elsewhere on property.

Thank you for your time.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this place will re-open eventually.

Lee

Adventurer
Cross my heart - and I have witnesses from this board. It was shocking.
Let's try to find the email address of that guy who handles the theme park beat for the Sentinal. He might run a story on that. That's scary.:lookaroun

EDIT: This guy: spowers@orlandosentinel.com
If you saw something that would indicate that they were trying to avoid positive responses for PI....let him know.

Thurp

Letters written, addressed and printed. They'll go out tonight.

Remember folks, write a real letter, it's like an email, but you print it out! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom