The Hall of Presidents to reopen before Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom P.

true the wonderful death masks there is one of many presidents including the proof of how non attractive Lincoln was :)
We have actual photographs of President Lincoln -- many of them, in fact. Why would we need a death mask to know what he looked like?

danheaton

This is going to be interesting. Not sure I expect there to be constant heckling; I'm wondering if a lot of people will just avoid it. I'm not expecting anything controversial from the attraction; it's more of a reminder of the news for some guests. I really like the Hall of Presidents in general and expect the show to be well-done. Part of me did hope they'd not have Trump speak (as much just to make the attraction more classic, not tied to any president of the time), but it makes sense that Disney would go this route.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Horizons1

I wonder how much the show has changed. Hopefully it covers much more of American history than just the civil war. There’s much more that happened in the formation of our country than just the revolutionary war and the civil war.
Perhaps they don’t expect too much of thei guests, but the earliest versions of this show had a much more broad presentation of history.

mrkengineer

I still think they should eventually move the HoP to the Smithsonian in Washington DC. This would allow even more patrons to experience it. They should then replace the Liberty Square version with "Muppet Congress".

stretchsje

Well, if Disney is worried about intolerant, unruly guests on the attraction, then their best-case scenario is a soft open with no fanfare during the hap-happiest time of the year.

I, for one, am quite excited that someone knows something regarding an opening date. I'd begun losing hope. I frequently disagree with the way history is presented but I always enjoy learning another's perspective. I'm thus quite eager to see how extensive Disney has overhauled the attraction and look forward to conflating that with my opinion with the general public. :)

Fantasia Gardens

I wonder how much the show has changed. Hopefully it covers much more of American history than just the civil war. There’s much more that happened in the formation of our country than just the revolutionary war and the civil war.
Perhaps they don’t expect too much of thei guests, but the earliest versions of this show had a much more broad presentation of history.

To be fair, the AA at Epcot covers general American history, the HoP is supposed to be specifically focused on the Presidents. The reason it may have once focused on broad history was possibly because there wasn’t an AA yet.

hokielutz

I guess I was fortunate to attend showings during the Clinton, Bush and Obama administrations during which the audience watched quietly and respectfully. It should always be that way for a show that very objectively presents American history.

I visited often enough during the Bush & Obama terms, and I recall a few instances of some scoffs and mild heckling at both 43 and 44. No one was ejected from the showings I think because they were short outbursts.

DisneyMann

Sadly we've seen, over the past 11 months, what many people will say or do regardless of where and when. Couple that with the behavior of many guests in general and this has recipe for disaster......it's going to be ugly and sadly we know why.

I think there will be more than just cast members at this attraction though. All plain clothes but definitely a presence of security.

Whether we like it or not it's a part of our history and the office so it, in some form, has to be part of the HOP show. I want to see it just to see what, if any, changes are made but I hope it's not interrupted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom