The Force Awakens

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I've gone through 4/6 films in preparation so far. Too bad I've got midterms or I'd have re-watched all 6 by now.

This is going to be good

TomHendricks

I just watched Revenge of the Sith with my 7 year old son. We've been watching all the movies in preparation for The Force Awakens. We started with 3 to 6 and just wrapped up 1to 3. We also got through all of Clone Wars and of course, we're up to date on Rebels. I'll be seeing it on Friday morning at 10am, again on Saturday evening with my wife and then on Sunday with my son.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
So has Luke crossed over to the dark side? Surely someone has heard a leak about this.

Why is he missing from the posters?

TyTrap

The whole "Luke turning to the dark side" thing is way too predictable in my opinion. I doubt they went in that direction while writing the story. I think while in seclusion he may study the dark arts to better understand his father and his motives for becoming a sith. This could lead to Luke having darker character qualities but him joining the first order would be dumb. What does he gain by joining an organization that is just a remnant of the empire? Anakin had valid motives for joining sidious to form the empire. Plus he was young and could easily be manipulated. So why repeat that in force awakens? I say in this movie we get a different dynamic Luke will struggle to balance the dark and light side of the force.

G00fyDad

The whole "Luke turning to the dark side" thing is way too predictable in my opinion. I doubt they went in that direction while writing the story. I think while in seclusion he may study the dark arts to better understand his father and his motives for becoming a sith. This could lead to Luke having darker character qualities but him joining the first order would be dumb. What does he gain by joining an organization that is just a remnant of the empire? Anakin had valid motives for joining sidious to form the empire. Plus he was young and could easily be manipulated. So why repeat that in force awakens? I say in this movie we get a different dynamic Luke will struggle to balance the dark and light side of the force.

While it is common knowledge that they are removing the books from canon material, you should read some of them. ;) Luke DOES go bad (In those books) before being redeemed later (See the Dark Empire comics). The thought of Luke going to the Dark Side in this movie is not too far fetched. Do I still think he is Kylo Ren? No. It is obvious that it really is Adam Driver (BAD choice imho). However, Luke very well COULD be a Dark Jedi or Sith at this point.

Matt_Black

While it is common knowledge that they are removing the books from canon material, you should read some of them. ;) Luke DOES go bad (In those books) before being redeemed later (See the Dark Empire comics). The thought of Luke going to the Dark Side in this movie is not too far fetched. Do I still think he is Kylo Ren? No. It is obvious that it really is Adam Driver (BAD choice imho). However, Luke very well COULD be a Dark Jedi or Sith at this point.

It should be noted that Star Wars Rebels has already re-introduced several elements of the EU, making them canon again.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Any idea if there will be any critics reviews released before the movie opens? I don't give a rip about what any critic thinks, but I am curious as to how well this film will be received.

There will be press screening of Tuesday but they cannot release reviews until 12:01 a.m. PST on Wednesday, Dec. 16.

TyTrap

bro the EU was my life back in the day I know what happened in those books lol. I still can't believe people are stupid enough to think that kylo ren is Luke skywalker I hear that theory all of the time too. I'm going to stick with my prediction because that's how I would write that story.

prberk

Preparations for Monday night's premier...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/star-wars-premiere-street-closures-848194

They have actually closed down a larger section of Hollywood Blvd then they do for the Oscars!

I did not realize until that article that they were actually showing it BOTH at the TCL Chinese Theatre (the original Grauman's Chinese, Hollywood landmark where all of the other SW films premiered, and of course template for our DHS version) and Disney's El Capitan theatre across the street. I thought it would only be shown at Disney's El Capitan.

I for one would love to see it in the main (original) auditorium of the Chinese, for historical purposes. It also because of the huge screen. I am glad that Disney is departing from its normal position having El Capitan excluvely show its releases on that block of Hollywood Builevard.

Now I have a couple of related questions: Where is tonight's actual red-carpet premiere? At El Capitan or the Chinese?

And will Thursday's all-night and all-day showings of Episodes I through VI at the El Capitan feature the Twentieth Century Fox logo or drop it? (Meaning does Fox still have exclusivity on the release of those episodes, or did that stay with Lucasfilm for renegotiation on releases done subsequent to the buyout?)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I did not realize until that article that they were actually showing it BOTH at the TCL Chinese Theatre (the original Grauman's Chinese, Hollywood landmark where all of the other SW films premiered, and of course template for our DHS version) and Disney's El Capitan theatre across the street. I thought it would only be shown at Disney's El Capitan.

I for one would love to see it in the main (original) auditorium of the Chinese, for historical purposes. It also because of the huge screen. I am glad that Disney is departing from its normal position having El Capitan excluvely show its releases on that block of Hollywood Builevard.

Now I have a couple of related questions: Where is tonight's actual red-carpet premiere? At El Capitan or the Chinese?

And will Thursday's all-night and all-day showings of Episodes I through VI at the El Capitan feature the Twentieth Century Fox logo or drop it? (Meaning does Fox still have exclusivity on the release of those episodes, or did that stay with Lucasfilm for renegotiation on releases done subsequent to the buyout?)

The premier is happening at the Dolby, Chinese and El Capitan. Fox has the film rights to Ep 4 in perpetuity, and the rights to the rest of the films until 2020, unless the contract has been re-negotiated which I haven't heard anything about.

prberk

The premier is happening at the Dolby, Chinese and El Capitan. Fox has the film rights to Ep 4 in perpetuity, and the rights to the rest of the films until 2020, unless the contract has been re-negotiated which I haven't heard anything about.

So, all three theatres will be showing the movie at the same time, with various celebrities and dignitaries all over the place? Or would the celebrities be in one (presumably the Chinese or Dolby) with the others being sort of "overflow" venues?

I find it odd that the Dolby is being used to show a movie. It is normally stage venue I would assume. (For those who don't know, it is the theatre, formerly the Kodak, where the Academy Awards and other live TV shows originate.)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So, all three theatres will be showing the movie at the same time, with various celebrities and dignitaries all over the place? Or would the celebrities be in one (presumably the Chinese or Dolby) with the others being sort of "overflow" venues?

I find it odd that the Dolby is being used to show a movie. It is normally stage venue I would assume. (For those who don't know, it is the theatre, formerly the Kodak, where the Academy Awards and other live TV shows originate.)

That's a good question about the celebrities. Disney didn't actually say which theater(s) it would be in until a couple days ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom