The Creator Games!: An Imagineering Competition

spacemt354

Chili's
Thanks for the bigger budget Tiki!

I'm going to guess this is a yes, but does @MCParradox 's SGE replacement going to be part of our budget? Or would it be there be there before this project happened? If it will be part of our budget how much of our budget will be dedicated towards it?
Right now it would be there before and not part of the park budget. But we are discussing it.

tcool

That would fall under a medium refurb (adding new paint job) and depending on what attraction you choose, the price will vary.
I'm going to guess this goes for everything, so if I wanted to make Auntie Gravity's have a Fantasy Theme I would have to charge it as a medium restaurant?

Also if I wanted to get rid a restaurant and/or a store what will be the price for that?

spacemt354

Chili's
How much will it cost to get rid of the Tomorrowland Stage with the Incredibles Dance Party?
I'm just going to make an edit to the original post to include all those types of attractions so that people have the info, but I'll also post it here.

Tomorrowland Stage costs nothing to remove.

Also as a note if you want to refurb a shop/restaurant, or remove an existing shop/restaurant, you will just use the cost criteria for a new shop/restaurant. There will be no "destruction" fee for removing a shop/restaurant.

For example, if you wanted to remove Merchant of Venus (and replace it with another Shakespearean reference;)), it would cost you 10 Million, same price as a new medium shop. If you wanted to refurb it and keep the same theme, still 10 Million, just to keep things simple. Same goes for restaurants.

Buzz's Star Command - Small - 5 Million
Merchant of Venus - Medium - 10 Million
Mickey's Star Traders - Medium - 10 Million
Tomorrowland Light and Power (Space Mountain Shop) - Small - 5 Million

Auntie Gravities Galactic Goodies - Small -10 Million
Cool Ship - X-Small - 5 Million
Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe - Medium - 20 Million
The Lunching Pad at Rockettower Plaza - Small - 10 Million
Tomorrowland Terrace Cafe - Medium - 20 Million

orlando678-

Session 7: Tomorrowland 2055

New Tomorrowland:

So in this challenge I will try to create the new Tomorrowland of Walt Disney World. In this new land I will try to give the area a more futuristic look and it will be more colourful too. I will add some features of a utopia and a dystopia city and I will try to give the area a real meaning again. Enter this area from underneath the Tomorrowland arch which will have a new Tomorrowland logo on it, which will be similar to the one in Disneyland Anaheim and the logo from Tomorrowland the movie.

The first change in Tomorrowland will be the replacement of Stitch's Great Escape. The building will make way for An Adventure in Time. This attraction was created by MCParradox in the first session of the Creator Games. I have put the article in this post again so that you can fully enjoy the ride without having to go back to the first pages of this thread. Guests will be welcomed to enter the new Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center. The layout of the building will remain mostly the same, but with large overhauls to fit the story way better.The biggest change of the three is the entrance hall, which has gone from a darkened corridor to the wide open, glass walled Exposition Hall of the Convention Center, with the TTA looking down into the space as it passes. The preshow room is the same structurally as before, only with new colour schemes and designs, and a newly fitted screen behind the central desk. The two theatres have the same seating, but the walls and ceiling have been completely rebuilt to accommodate the new elements required for the show. To better accommodate the new floor to ceiling windows now looking out onto the Avenue of the Planets, the existing Fastpass+ kiosks have been moved to the old extended queue area, while the outdoor portion of the queue now extends up towards Rockettower Plaza, with the existing exit of the ride rerouted to run into Merchant of Venus. Guests enter the main exposition hall of the Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center, a large open space with floor to ceiling glass windows on the left, and exposition posters for such events as "Mission to Mars: History or Hoax?" And "XS-Tech Teleportation: Seize the Future" on the right, with planters and benches scattered throughout. The Tomorrowland Transit Authority looks into this hall from above, as guests are ushered into The Professor's booth.

ZnBIzxp.png

[Above: The Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center Exposition Hall]

The Preshow Stage:

As guests enter, they are greeted by BEN-E, the most advanced robotic simulation of intelligence, who has a quick demonstration of the professor's technology for the guests. He sits at a control panel, and is fumbling with the controls when guests enter. To either side of the control panel sits a time manipulation tube, and within each is an observation robot (SKP-1 and SKP-2), broadcasting a live feed of its vision to a screen behind the control panel. As the robots scan the room, showing the guests' faces on the screen, BEN-E introduces the professor's invention, describing the wondrous things it can achieve. He notes that he has a few destinations already planned out, and sends the two scouts off into the past and the future.

iaGL0qQ.png

[Above: BEN-E]

With that, the lights dim, both tubes fill with smoke, and electricity flashes in the tubes. When the smoke clears and the lights return to normal, the two robots have disappeared, and their feeds on the screen have gone to static, with time/date indicators over the tubes flashing and changing. The first robot, SKP-1 arrives in the Jurassic period, it's feed displaying tropical foliage and a distant volcano. BEN-E explains that it is scouting around for landing locations, and takes it out to explore, locating a nest of Stegosaurus along the way. BEN-E then realises that the second robot is still moving forward through time, and pulls it out, a lot further into the future than intended. He proudly announces "the future!", but the location SKP-2 has arrived at is a post apocalyptic wasteland, with no living things in sight. The robot sets off to explore, finding nothing but rubble and dust. BEN-E initiates a lifeform scan, and finds a reading directly behind the robot. Turning it around, guests see a quick glimpse of a Morlock, before the feed switches to static.

qvyAFv9.png

[Above: Preshow Chamber]

BEN-E panics, and pulls both scouts back into the vortex. The lights flicker off, the tubes fill with smoke, and electricity flashes again. SKP-1 rematerialises intact, and begins scanning the room again. SKP-2, however, has been reduced to a pile of scrap metal, broken and sparking. BEN-E assures the guests that everything will be fine, and ushers them into the theatre.

Main Theatre - The Time Capsule:

As guests enter the time machine's passenger chamber, they see a central vortex induction coil, surrounded by 4 tiers of seats, each with a safety harness. On the walls behind the seats are a series of shutters, behind which lie CircleVision screens, and two large portholes on either side of the chamber. Below these screens are various vents, displays and machines, and above the guests heads are a series of supporting vaults. Between each vault is a metal mesh screen, above which are assorted pipes and tubes, and a maintenance catwalk. BEN-E appears on screens surrounding the top of the vortex induction coil, and encourages guests to move around the rows and fill every available seat. Once guests are seated, the harnesses lower onto their shoulders, the main lights are dimmed, and a series of spotlights illuminate the coil.

YybJ5ma.png

[Above: The Time Capsule]

BEN-E informs guests that they will first be visiting the Jurassic period, and that the scout robot has located a suitable landing site. He flicks a few switches on his panel, and the machine whirs into life. Lights flicker and fluctuate on the various pieces of machinery around the room, and the vortex induction coil begins to glow blue, as the containment tube fills with smoke. Electricity courses through the tube and the supporting ceiling vaults, and guests' seats rumble as time/date indicators tumble backwards rapidly. BEN-E suddenly realises that he forgot to compensate for the additional passengers, and boosts the power, inadvertently sending the chamber back too far. He opens the shutters, and the CircleVision screens show a fiery, molten world outside as the chamber begins to heat up. The guests have ended up at the birth of the planet, and BEN-E quickly attempts to send them forwards again.

tfq4fQ5.png

[Above: The Time Capsule, In The Vortex]

When the shutters reopen, the environment outside is a lush, prehistoric jungle, with numerous animals flying over the capsule. A T-Rex is spotted a few metres away, and seems to be looking right at the capsule. BEN-E assures the guests that it can't see them, as the transpari-phase system is activated. Nevertheless, the T-Rex begins pacing towards the capsule, while an eye appears just outside the opposite porthole. With an ear-splitting roar, the chamber shakes and creaks, and smoke starts to pour out of one of the vents. BEN-E reactivates the machine, leaving the shutters open as it enters the vortex.

With the transpari-phase system functional again, BEN-E informs the guests that they are heading somewhere "more civilised", and they materialise at the Paris 1889 Exposition Universelle. They arrive a few years early, and BEN-E moves them forward 'slowly', so they can watch the Eiffel Tower being constructed outside. After watching Paris develop a little, they move to the 1964/65 New York World's Fair, and then EPCOT Center, watching both grow and develop around them, before BEN-E takes the guests into the future.

Unfortunately, BEN-E has loaded up the time co-ordinates from the second scout, and the capsule arrives in the post apocalyptic distant future. As the machine phases in, it begins to malfunction. The landing was not properly planned out, and so the machine phases into the same space occupied by a Morlock nest. Sparks fly, lights flicker, and the room begins to fill with smoke. A Morlock phases into the vortex induction coil containment tube, a few ceiling panels fall, allowing loose pipes and wires to dangle above guests' heads, and the lights go out completely. BEN-E is panicking, making a lot of noise and getting nothing done, while Morlocks roam the capsule. Binaural sounds, misters, warm air, water spray, seat vibration, and restraint motion all combine to create the illusion that the Morlocks are really there, while the occasional flash of light reveals one hanging onto the ceiling snarling at guests, or standing on the broken containment tube. Eventually, BEN-E gets the power working again, and pulls the capsule back into the vortex. The electricity flashing around the room catches the Morlocks, and they begin to screech until it causes them to explode, showering the guests with blood (water).

8TRLE4H.png

[Above: The Time Capsule, Crashed]

2iyVnrV.png

[Above: Development for Morlock]

The capsule arrives back in Central Florida, and the view out of the windows shows a fully functional Tomorrowland city, with the TTA and monorail whizzing around, and Space Mountain and the Astro Orbiter visible in the distance. The Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center is being constructed around the guests, and once complete, the capsule lands with a thud, and the lights flicker back on. The smoke begins to clear, and BEN-E lifts the restraints, wishing guests a happy trip onwards, and pleading them not to mention the "little detour". As guests leave the theatre, he can be heard muttering about how much this will cost to fix, and how much work he will have to put into it.

wFdC4mG.png

[Above: The Time Capsule, In The Future]

Exiting the theatre, guests will now enter either Mickey's Star Trader's or Merchant of Venus, depending on which theatre they entered, both of which now stock items based on the experience, and the characters of BEN-E and the Morlocks.

Then facing this ride you can find the building that is currently home to Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor( moved to the Studios for Pixar Place).This will now become the Intergalactic Transportation center. Here you can ride The Journey To The Unknown ( 70 million). In this ride you will enter a sort of airport which also travels to outerspace. This ride will show the guests the abilities of travelling to space in the future. The outside portion of the queue will have posters on the walls showing advertisements of trips to the moon( tribute to Mission to the Moon), Mars and others. In the attraction we are asked to board a spaceship and to travel to a new holiday destination in outerspace to look if it is safe. In the pre-show you will see Mrs. Stella Ericson( human) ( audio animatronic)who is the boss of the transportation center. She tells the guests about the new technology created to transport people to places around the world and even to outerspace. She then talks about a plan for going to a place now known as Planet Unknown. It is now your job to find out if there is life and if its safe here. So the guests are now led through tunnels. There is a part where the tunnels are actually screens. On the screens you can see the Transportion Center and Tomorrowland's buildings in the back. Then you will board one of the spaceships. These will be simulators similar to star tours but they will go into a dome with HD quality screens. The dome will be one of the new icons of Tomorrowland. The story goes on on Planet Unknown, here we find out that there is actually an Alien civilization. We will end up in the middle of a war between two races. In the ride you will for example encounter Audio animatronic aliens who have entered the spaceship and you will smell and feel a sort of slime that they use to trap their victims( its actually just water here). In the ride the guests will have to try to escape this ultimate battle. Stella will try to help you get back safely. The ride won't be really scary but the war will be between a more friendly and a more scary type of alien. You will exit via a gift shop( 5 million).

The Carousel of Progress will be moved to Epcot, but a new Tron ride will be introduced called Tron: escape from the Grid (105 million). The building's shape will mainly stay the same but the inside will be changed completely. The outside will also be covered with futuristic lights similar to the Tron lights. Also the building will be expanded so that the 3d coaster can be built on a high quality level. The ride will be similar to the Shanghai ride and Test Track. The story will go as follow: in the future we will be able to play in virtual reality games very easily. Now this building will bring us to the Grid. Here, Clu has taken over and the guests now have to escape the Grid. The ride will use screens and it will have an outdoor portion where we have escaped the Grid. The vehicles will be Tron Lightcycles.

There will be a new show called the Tomorrowland Expo ( 15 million). This show will bring some dreamers of the future together to show off their newest inventions as jetpacks, robots and many other things too. Guests will be asked to volunteer and to assist the inventors of the future.The last new addition will be the House of Horizons ( 10 million). Here you will get a tour by Tom Morrow in the house of the future. This house will show the newest technology incorporated for many things. See self cleaning technology, security system and other specialities. This walkthrough is based on the old Disneyland attraction.
Then the last change i want to make is the refurbishment of Autopia, Buzz Lightyear and Space Mountain . Autopia will get the same cars from Hong Kong and the landscaping will be a bit more similar to the Epic Mickey autopia mixed with a green future landscape ( 45 million). Buzz Lightyears building will be changed to a futuristic toy shop. Then you will walk through a giant Buzz Lightyear Toy Box and then you will be transported to the world of Buzz, Zurg and the little green men. The cardboard figures will be replaced by audio animatronics too ( 40 million). Space mountain will actually just get an upgrade with the special effects ( 50 million). Last but not least, i wanted to add new screens to the Peoplemover to explain the meaning of Tomorrowland in a more futuristic way. This will cost about 5 million too.
These additions and changes will cost around 350 million and i think if you add MCParradox's ride you will end up with 400 million dollars spent for the New Tomorrowland. If the attraction isnt included in the total budget then the rest will be spend on detail and landscape. This renewal of Tomorrowland will make the Tomorrowland a more futuristic world and no more mixed Alien and tomorrow land. It will be a bit more like the Tomorrowland from Project T and other old concepts of the other Tomorrowlands around the world. So I hope you liked these additions. Yes, I know I'm very early, but I won't have a lot of time next week. Also, I'm very sorry for the amounts of money, I'm not good at comparing this, but I hope I did fine.

Last edited:

jdmdisney99

It is terribly unfortunate that this looks like the point that I have to tap out of the competition. Somehow, I ended up with a bad cold this week and the workload is too much. Plus I'm heading to the World for ten days in a week, and I just wouldn't be able to compete efficiently at all. SA-S3 is also coming up at the start of July, and I need to finalize a few things on that end. I'll be moving to a personal blog for "more serious" Imagineering work in the near future as well. Thanks to the creators (;)), the judges, and the other competitors for letting me compete in such an original, active, and joyful contest. It's been a blast, and I hope to see you all on the other side for Sorcerer's Apprentice - Season 3. :)

P.S. If possible, I'd like to pass off my extension to @Matt7187 before I "go".

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
It is terribly unfortunate that this looks like the point that I have to tap out of the competition. Somehow, I ended up with a bad cold this week and the workload is too much. Plus I'm heading to the World for ten days in a week, and I just wouldn't be able to compete efficiently at all. SA-S3 is also coming up at the start of July, and I need to finalize a few things on that end. I'll be moving to a personal blog for "more serious" Imagineering work in the near future as well. Thanks to the creators (;)), the judges, and the other competitors for letting me compete in such an original, active, and joyful contest. It's been a blast, and I hope to see you all on the other side for Sorcerer's Apprentice - Season 3. :)

P.S. If possible, I'd like to pass off my extension to @Matt7187 before I "go".
Sorry to hear that jdm, good luck though! Thanks for competing, you were great, and I'm sure just about all of us will be here for SA ;) :D

Also, yes it is technically in the rules to pass off the extension to Matt :)

TheOriginalTiki

TheOriginal Tiki's New Tomorrowland

Disclaimer: This has been a really stressful past couple of days for me, and for that reason my project is going to come off as rather incomplete. I accept that and fully anticipate a drop in the rankings after this. With that being said, I don't have time to write out detailed descriptions of the attractions, but what I can give you is the lay of the new land and all the storytelling possibilities that come a long with it. My Tomorrowland is going to take Thunder Mesa from Disneyland Paris as its main source of inspiration. My goal to to create a fully lived in environment that has a constantly evolving story to it, even if the story is just in the tiny details that most average guests won't notice. It's that level of care that makes Disney parks a brand of their own in the first place.

The general idea behind this concept is that Tomorrowland exists as a by-product of a time travel company that has found a way to project cities of the future into today. Essentially time travel on a massive scale, where you're not bringing people through time, you're bringing whole environments through time. Don't ask me how the actual tech works, that's just the mythology I came up with ;)

The name "Tomorrowland" will be the ficticous promotional name given to this area by the XS-Corp who are not only running the time travel operation but also exist as a branch of government within the future. Think Buy N' Large but more insidious.

As you walk through "Tomorrowland", things will seem very Utopian upon first glance. All the architecture is styled in a "retro-future" kind of way that gives it a timeless feel, with soft curved edges to the buildings giving us a welcoming atmosphere. In addition there will be all kinds of plant life all over the place, to the point where entire functioning buildings are overgrown with it. This is because in the future of this reality we've found a way to harness natural energy from plants, in addition to them being the world's biggest source of food. Throughout Tomorrowland you'll see all kinds of different plant life, some of which are made up and take on a design that's surreal and very alien-like.

images

You ready for me to M. Night Shamalayan all your butts now? The secret to this "Tomorrowland" is that it's really not a city at all, it's a heavily crafted illusion of a city of the future built into the headquarters of XS-Corp using the time travel projection technology. This Tomorrowland is a veiled attempt at what XS-Corp wants you to see and think about the future, and how the corporation can be our guiding light towards getting there. The idea is that XS-Corp wants you to see how amazing the future can be, and then in turn they'll get the influence in the past to maintain their control in the future. XS-Corp is actually...not an "evil" company per-say, but a huge conglomerate which puts a monopoly on the world's economy and thus controls everything...Like I said, a darker version of Buy N' Large.

Without XS-Corp broadcasting this false vision of the future, XS-Corp doesn't take over. It's a company that has relied for decades upon decades in this time loop of broadcasting how promising they can be to the people of the past. The entire land is one endless loop of propaganda to ensure a company's power. Take it away, M. Night...

The following is an outline of attractions and how they'll be changed...

Space Mountain will remain largely untouched except for mentions of XS-Corp in the queue.

MCParadox's time travel ride will remain in place of Stitch's Great Escape, tying together some of the land's themes and ideas.

Monsters Inc. will be completely gutted and replaced by a show which expands upon the lore of XS-Corp. It's essentially a documentary of how XS-Corp has enriched our lives over the last century. Of course like everything else in the land, it's pretty blatant propaganda.

Buzz Lightyear will be entirely re-skinned to a ride called "Star Command", which still uses the Buzz and Zurg characters and many of the same scenes as the original, but taken on a more realistic ascetic. Think of it like if the show "Buzz Lightyear of Star Command" was somewhat gritty and live action.

1141156-real_life_buzz_lightyear.jpg

Carousel of Progress will maintain the same themes and spirit of the original, but concentrate on the years between present day and when this Tomorrowland is taking place. Just like how the original Carousel of Progress was frankly a blatant commercial for General Electric products, this one will be a commercial for XS-Corp products.

The Tomorrowland Speedway will be completely scrapped and replaced with a super E Ticket dark ride through the innards of the main XS-Corp headquarters. This is where most of the "what a twist!" stuff comes from and it's here that riders discover the true nature of "Tomorrowland". I haven't worked out many scenes, but intent to give it a feeling similar to the ending of Cabin in the Woods (less bloody of course), with a bunch of crazy alien stuff coming at you from all angles that XS-Corp has been keeping a secret.

cabin-in-the-woods-monsters-attack.jpg

And that concludes my tour of the backstory for the new Tomorrowland. In the limited time I had I decided to flesh out as much as I could about the general layout of the land and all the shady corporate mysteries surrounding it. I know detail for the actual content was fairly weak, but I at least hope you enjoyed my emphasis on storytelling. And with that, I leave you to the main inspiration behind this Tomorrowland...

Budgeting Estimates

Removing Monsters Inc. 30 mil
Tomorrowland Speedway removal 35 mil
Medium Carousel of Progress refurb 30 mil
Small Space Mountain refurb 50 mil (though to be fair, I'm literally ONLY adding a few screens to the queue, so I don't think that should count for a whole fifty million. Just the lowest option I had available :/ )
Large Space Ranger Spin Refurb 50 mil
Extra large dark ride E ticket replacing the Speedway 90 mil
Small Show to replace Monsters Inc. 30 mil

Total 315 Million dollars.

For my extra money, assume it goes towards the new landscaping, painting, exteriors etc.

Last edited:

RMichael21

Session 7 Concept Creation Challenge: Tomorrowland 2055

P1100332.jpg

The vision of tomorrow and the future of our world is forever changing and constantly evolving. While this allows for us to open new doors when it comes to technology, innovation and efficiency, it causes anything else built years before to become outdated. With Tomorrowland at the Magic Kingdom being opened in 1971, it's not the most updated vision of the future that our society has in mind.

In 2021, Tomorrowland will be updated, renovated, refreshed and expanded, allowing for a more realistic and up to date vision of the future.

With the New Tomorrowland, the entire area will be refreshed, restored and enhanced. My mission was to touch and enhance every attraction in Tomorrowland in some way, even if it isn't in the most desire need for it.

The updated lists of attractions, dining and merchandise locations are located below. For more information on each, read through the rest of the proposal.

Attractions:

Space Mountain (E-Ticket) - Indoor Roller Coaster
Astro Orbiter (C-Ticket) - Thrilling Flat Ride
Tomorrowland Transit Authority (C-Ticket) - Dark Ride/Scenic Ride
Carousel of Progress (D-Ticket) - Theater Show
Tomorrowland Transporters (E-Ticket) - Innovative, High-Tech Car Ride
Star Fighters: Battle for the Galaxy (D-Ticket) Dark Ride
Cosmic Comedy Floor (C-Ticket) Interactive Comedy Show
An Adventure in Time (D-Ticket) Theater Show

Dining:

Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies (Snacks, Quick Service)
Cool Ship (Snacks, Quick Service)
The Lunching Pad (Lunch/Dinner, Quick Service)
Tomorrowland Terrace (Lunch/Dinner, Table Service)
Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe (Lunch/Dinner, Quick Service)

Shopping:

Tomorrowland Star Command
Merchant of Venus
Mickey's Star Traders
Tomorrowland Power and Light

Space Mountain
Medium Refurbishment - 65 Million

Space Mountain is one of the Magic Kingdom's most popular attractions. With that, comes a constant expectations for the attraction to be its absolute best. So, with the 2021 refurbishment of Tomorrowland comes a nice facelift to this classic attraction. New vehicles (with more legroom) with new on-board audio will come to the attraction, as well as high-tech projection effects that will add new thrills to the attraction. Finally, the exterior of the building will be repainted and receive new nighttime lighting. All of these additions will help add even more magic to this already popular attraction.

Astro Orbiter

Small Refurbishment - 15 Million

This high-flying spinner attraction is anything but boring. As guests fly high above Tomorrowland, they'll raise and lower their rocket ships far away from the ground. In the 2021 New Tomorrowland, new nighttime lighting and effects will be added in order to give the area new kinetic energy and atmosphere after dark. In addition, new audio effects will be added into new vehicles for an even clearer experience!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority

Medium Refurbishment - 35 Million

tomorrowland_transit_authority.jpg

This relaxing grand-circle tour of Tomorrowland is getting a facelift! When the 2021 New Tomorrowland opens, Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover will be unveiled with new projection technology and a new spiel. The focus of the ride will also be shifted. Rather than being a tour of Tomorrowland, new show scenes (taking place of the once dark, black, indoor areas) will help tell the story of the progress of Transportation while pointing out favorite Tomorrowland sights along the way. This will allow the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover be closer to Walt's original vision.

Carousel of Progress

Medium Refurbishment - 50 Million

The Carousel of Progress is the only Walt Disney World attraction that Walt Disney himself created and worked on. This gives it a special place in the hearts of the millions of people who visit the Magic Kingdom each year. The Carousel of Progress will receive enhanced show scenes, new, upgraded animatronics, updated audio and new projection effects.

NEW - Tomorrowland Transporters

Destruction/Construction Cost - 115 Million

Replacing the Tomorrowland Speedway is an all new, one of a kind attraction. Who said all headliner attractions had to be for teens or adults? This new E-Ticket is a family friendly, trackless exciting attraction that transports guests into the future by allowing them to drive their own futuristic vehicle such as an electric car. This attraction will focus on efficiency and the vehicles and transports of tomorrow.

The Tomorrowland Speedway will be demolished to make way for this new attraction. A new building will be built that doesn't quite take up the full plot. In fact, it'll take up about two thirds of it. The other portion on unused plot will be used for the outdoor portion of the ride.

The idea of this ride is to allow a guest to drive "without the guide-rails" that are usually located on a car ride. However, these guild-rails will still be there, just in censor for. The vehicles are trackless and the driver can drive at free will (speed and steering), but once the car goes near a certain point, the car will be overrided and will not be permitted from leaving it's path.

During the ride, guests will pass through different sites of a different futuristic world that is unnamed. It will allow guests to be able to explore the future, before they return to Tomorrowland, drive outside the show-building and return indoors to the loading area.

NEW - Star Fighters: Battle for the Galaxy

Large Refurbishment - 50 Million

This new D-Ticket attraction will replace Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. The premise of this attraction is still the same (fighting intergalactic crime in an omnimover vehicle equipped with a laser gun). However, all references to Buzz Lightyear, Toy Story and Pixar will be removed and replaced with an original set of characters and an original setting. In addition, instead of new cut-out characters, animatronics will be used in this attraction. Finally, new vehicles (themed to the new attraction) will be introduced with detachable laser guns.

NEW - Cosmic Comedy Floor

Medium Refurbishment - 40 Million

This all new attraction will be a re-themed version of the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. The premise of this refurbishment is simply removing all Monster's Inc. references and building off of a new story that has no evidence of this Pixar property. This re-theme will help the attraction blend better with the rest of Tomorrowland.

NEW - An Adventure In Time

tfq4fQ5.png

This brand new attraction coming to Tomorrowland in 2019 (not actually part of the 2021 expansion and budget, but I'd figured that I'd mention it) was created by @MCParradox in the first session of The Creator Games! It follows the story of guests traveling through time as they encounter all sorts of obstacles.

Aunty Gravity's Galactic Goodies

New Menu Items - No Cost

Aunty Gravity's Galactic Goodies will receive minimal changes, with the exception of new menu items being added.

Cool Ship/The Lunching Pad/Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe

No Expenses
Cool Ship, Cosmic Ray's Star Light Cafe and The Lunching Pad will not receive any changes as part of the 2021 New Tomorrowland.

NEW - Tomorrowland Terrace

Medium Refurbishment - 20 Million

As part of the 2021 New Tomorrowland, Tomorrowland Terrace will be converted into a table service restaurant that serves lunch and dinner. In addition, the menu for this new table service will feature futuristic, innovative cuisine that uses chemistry and science to create delicious dishes.​

NEW - Tomorrowland Star Command

Small Refurbishment - 5 Million
This merchandise location located at the exit of Star Fighters: Battle for the Galaxy will be re-themed to remove any references to Buzz Lightyear, Toy Story or Pixar and add onto the new backstory.

Merchant of Venus/Mickey's Star Traders/Tomorrowland Power and Light

No Expenses
Merchant of Venus, Mickey's Star Traders and Tomorrowland Power and Light will not receive any changes as part of the 2021 New Tomorrowland.

Total Budget: $400,000,000
Total Cost: $395,000,000

Thank You for reading my concept! :)

tcool

Session 7 Concept Creation Challenge: Tomorrowland 2055

For Session 7 we were tasked with redesigning Tomorrowland. In this session everyone was assigned a budget to work with, and what the price of everything would be. Due to the win of Team California in the last Concept Creation Challenge I was able to receive an extra 100 million to work with. Then came the Sorcerer's Hat from @TheOriginalTiki . He allowed me to earn another extra 100 million to work with. In total I had the budget of 600 million at my disposal, and it was used to redesign the majority of Tomorrowland.

I have split my Tomorrowland proposal into 2 different segments. The first being the advertisement for it throughout Walt Disney World. The second being the actual proposal. So now I invite you to relax, enjoy, and read my Tomorrowland project.

http://tomorrowland2055.blogspot.com/

Sam Magic

TheOriginal Tiki's New Tomorrowland
While the judges appreciate the amount of thought and story telling put into your proposal, we can not accept any unfinished work. The judges are not calculators and for your proposal to fully count we would like to see your budget and cost estimates. You have two hours to do so, if you do not add the costs your project will suffer.

And a general reminder @DisneyPrincess1993 you have two hours to post your project.

Last edited:

TheOriginalTiki

Removing Monsters Inc. 30 mil
Tomorrowland Speedway removal 35 mil
Medium Carousel of Progress refurb 30 mil
Small Space Mountain refurb 50 mil (though to be fair, I'm literally ONLY adding a few screens to the queue, so I don't think that should count for a whole fifty million. Just the lowest option I had available :/ )
Large Space Ranger Spin Refurb 50 mil
Extra large dark ride E ticket replacing the Speedway 90 mil
Small Show to replace Monsters Inc. 30 mil

Total 315 Million dollars.

For my extra money, assume it goes towards the new landscaping, painting, exteriors etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom