The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Thanks! :)
Yep, more surgery in the next coupla' weeks, or so. The last surgery was fine, I don't even remember being in much pain when all the anesthetic wore off. It was the 3 week-ish postop recovery that was the PITA.
The first one was much more of an emergency situation because it was a deep tissue abscess with all the junk trapped up there. This one is much closer to the surface and able to drain, thus hasn't turned into a full-blown infection.
I've been told this next surgery should take care of it all for good. One can only hope...! :cyclops: ;)
Well, let's hope that it being closer to the surface will also make the recovery period easier. The only surgery I've ever had was to have my adenoids removed, so I can't really empathize completely, but I know NO surgery is a walk in the park. Glad you will have it DONE though.

catmom46

Ooh, look at all the pretty colors!

IPi4HB4.jpg

MOXOMUMD

Yep, more surgery in the next coupla' weeks, or so. The last surgery was fine, I don't even remember being in much pain when all the anesthetic wore off. It was the 3 week-ish postop recovery that was the PITA.
The first one was much more of an emergency situation because it was a deep tissue abscess with all the junk trapped up there. This one is much closer to the surface and able to drain, thus hasn't turned into a full-blown infection.
I've been told this next surgery should take care of it all for good. One can only hope...! :cyclops: ;)
Will it be before Christmas? :(

betty rose

In Wyoming and South Dakota a year or two ago (maybe 3?), there was a huge blizzard that killed thousands of cattle and kept people in their homes for about 4 days. My dad had no heat or electricity for at least 2 days. Roads were closed for days afterwards, which made it hard for anyone to get groceries because they could only get to the small grocery store in town that doesn't carry much and is very expensive, and of course the stores couldn't get their stock because the delivery trucks couldn't get through with the roads closed.
Yup, that's life in the mountains...in winter. I always buy peanut butter and jelly and crackers. They all will last for a long time. I'm prepared for water too, just in case. It's usually a car accident that takes out our power. Welcome to crazy drivers!

Oh I'd love to see Wicked. I have a few on my list...I'd like to see Les Mis, Wicked, and Rent. I saw the tour of Grease in Denver when I was in college, and I saw Phantom in NYC in college. I saw Lion King, Three Musketeers, My Fair Lady, and Beauty and the Beast here in the Netherlands. So many good shows, so little time.
Saw Les Mis, but just a Local Tour and not on Broadway. It was a great show. I also saw a local production of Cats and it was fantastic. I would like to get up to NYC to see Cats on Broadway as I hear they are doing it again now. Wicked was great as was Rent.

betty rose

I hope you don't have to do this anymore. More prayers your way, and for the family....

Songbird76

I did the same thing, but DD puts a lot of pressure on herself. This tendency may be in the genes. Brother was very hard working, sis didn't care.
Yeah, it's kind of funny...DD has a huge amount of drive. She wants the 100%. DS is very smart, but he does just enough to pass. He got in trouble with us on his first geography test because he didn't study. He passed, but it wasn't a strong pass and we knew he could do better. We have to push him more because he'll just coast if we let him. That's the danger of a kid being so smart...they don't HAVE to work hard. Whereas DD is really smart, but she puts too much pressure on herself...like she's so intense there was no more drive for DS so he has none. Polar opposites with how they handle grades. If I could merge the two together, I'd have the perfect child. But it's more fun to see them develop their own personalities.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom