The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

I saw it on Broadway with Howard McGillin play The Phantom and I have to agree it was fantastic. The only other Broadway show I have to say I've enjoyed better is Wicked.
Oh I'd love to see Wicked. I have a few on my list...I'd like to see Les Mis, Wicked, and Rent. I saw the tour of Grease in Denver when I was in college, and I saw Phantom in NYC in college. I saw Lion King, Three Musketeers, My Fair Lady, and Beauty and the Beast here in the Netherlands. So many good shows, so little time.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Thanks! :)
Yep, more surgery in the next coupla' weeks, or so. The last surgery was fine, I don't even remember being in much pain when all the anesthetic wore off. It was the 3 week-ish postop recovery that was the PITA.
The first one was much more of an emergency situation because it was a deep tissue abscess with all the junk trapped up there. This one is much closer to the surface and able to drain, thus hasn't turned into a full-blown infection.
I've been told this next surgery should take care of it all for good. One can only hope...! :cyclops: ;)
Good luck I hope once the surgery is finished you'll be good as new. xoxo

Songbird76

I wish I could add Hairspray and Grease to my favorite live shows list, but unfortunately they don't compare with the other ones to me. I don't know when I'll be in NYC or Chicago next, but I've got a list of show that I would love to see, Aladdin included.

Something I realized this morning (as I was driving to work, listening to Phantom)- the Hamilton soundtrack has more included than Phantom. Even with all of the songs included, the Phantom soundtrack was edited down to about 100 minutes. Hamilton? Not so much. There's only one song that didn't make it, and that's because it had the most dialogue of any of the scenes. Because of that, I've got about 2 1/2 hours of Hamilton lyrics memorized.
I was not impressed with Grease. Frankie Avalon did a guest appearance as Frenchie's guardian angel and his voice was pretty shaky and bad. But I love the movie version, so maybe that's why I don't like the stage production as much...the music is different and the actors aren't the same.

Songbird76

Found one of the lyrics changes (finally) for Wishing. Idk why I can't find the changes for Angel of Music. Anyways, apparently these lyrics can be swapped out frequently, to which I say "Why???"

Original:
"Passing bells and sculpted angels, Cold and monumental, Seem for you the wrong companions; You were warm and gentle..."

Alternate/New:
"Three long years, I knelt in silence Held your memory near me... Three long years of murmered sorrow, Willing you to hear me..."
Think of Me has several versions, too. I like to listen to the sound track when I'm cleaning the kitchen or baking, and I belt along, but there are different versions of a few of the songs.

betty rose

Yep...I was the same way, though with me it was more that my mom expected straight A's. I got an A- in Government one quarter and my mom told me I'd better get it back up where it belonged, or all my after school activities would be gone until it was up. I used to have high anxiety on report card day, just in case I somehow managed to get less than an A, because I was afraid of showing my mom if I got lower. When I got to college, I remember my first Written Theory quiz (musical theory)...I had never had theory before. Our teacher wasn't great with theory herself, so she didn't teach us anything. I didn't know my key signatures or how to read time signatures or anything. I had had a very little bit of basic theory in band, but we went through 3 teachers in one year, and a period without a teacher, so it was sporadic and not sufficient for someone majoring in music. My first quiz in college, I got a C. I had never had a C that I actually deserved. (I had 2 C's before...one in 9th grade when the teacher was paranoid and refused to give me my assignments for while I was gone at All-State choir, or to make it up when I came back, so I had to take a zero for a few assignments, and once in Calculus my senior year, which we never did figure out how A's on all the assignments and a B on the test averaged out to a C+ and the teacher never could explain it, but it caused me to drop enough for that quarter for a boy to pass me for the Salutatorian honor...then magically the next quarter we were switched back, after the honors had been announced and couldn't be changed. It was ok...I was ahead when the scholarships were awarded, so I got the tuition and fees scholarship) I was in tears and one of the upperclassmen saw me and says "First Written theory quiz?" And I nodded and he told me not to worry...the first one always kicked everyone's rears...one F wasn't bad and that I should always allow the first quiz or test in any subject to be low because I didn't know how the professors made up or graded their tests yet. I explained I hadn't gotten an F, but a C. And he was like "OH!! Then you're golden! C isn't bad at all!!" I never got less than an A after that. I don't want DD to have these same issues, though. I want her to know it's ok not to be perfect.
I did the same thing, but DD puts a lot of pressure on herself. This tendency may be in the genes. Brother was very hard working, sis didn't care.

catmom46

My little angel just let me know he has to go to the store tomorrow because his little group of friends have decided to do a gift exchange. Just when I thought I had everything caught up and could spend the day decorating tomorrow:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

OK, I'm getting you a helmet for Christmas because you're going to do some serious damage to your head with all that banging! :p

Songbird76

You are a good mother, knowing how to read your kids . Our daughter was an only child, and she needed her space. That hasn't changed, even today.
Thanks...sometimes it's hard to know if we are doing the right thing, but as DD keeps coming to me and talking to me about the hard stuff, I think I must be doing SOMETHING right. She feels safe enough with me. DH will leave us alone to talk because she is more open with me, whereas I leave DS alone with him because he's more comfortable with daddy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom